Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Yes I could only imagine the carnage when cheeseburger prohibition is enacted.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Regina Regina:
andyt andyt:
Regina Regina:
I assume these same "officials" believe in the right to bear arms. Is their advice still credible to Canadians?

Is that the choice - guns or jails?

NO...........it's called selective and convenient endorsement.

If even hard cases who support right to bear arms point out that this does't work, it actually strengthens the argument. If this were a bunch of liberal pansies, you'd be pointing that out and how their argument has no merit. Even Newt Gingrich has come out against harsh prison terms - because it costs a lot with no benefit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Regina Regina:
Yes I could only imagine the carnage when cheeseburger prohibition is enacted.

Okay, I see your confusion. I said it makes more sense, not that it's a good idea.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Regina Regina:
That's what I don't get. We have laws and punishment to protect us yet it's not okay to actually punish criminals? Jailing criminals is the cost of a supposedly safe democratic society. How many thread have been made here where the criminal got a slap on the wrist for horrific crimes?...............LOTS!

Reducto ad absurdum.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:03 pm

andyt andyt:
If even hard cases who support right to bear arms point out that this does't work, it actually strengthens the argument. If this were a bunch of liberal pansies, you'd be pointing that out and how their argument has no merit. Even Newt Gingrich has come out against harsh prison terms - because it costs a lot with no benefit.

Never realized you were such a big fan of the Newt. 8O

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:05 pm

andyt andyt:
Regina Regina:
That's what I don't get. We have laws and punishment to protect us yet it's not okay to actually punish criminals? Jailing criminals is the cost of a supposedly safe democratic society. How many thread have been made here where the criminal got a slap on the wrist for horrific crimes?...............LOTS!

Reducto ad absurdum.

Waste of bandwidth............

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Regina Regina:
andyt andyt:

As I said, it actually bolsters the argument when people who would be expected to be against it come out for it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Regina Regina:
andyt andyt:
Regina Regina:

Reducto ad absurdum.

Waste of bandwidth............

I agree, so why did you post such a silly argument?

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:11 pm

andyt andyt:
Regina Regina:
andyt andyt:

As I said, it actually bolsters the argument when people who would be expected to be against it come out for it.

Yes and as I pointed out...............it's selective endorsement and stinks of hypocrisy.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:12 pm

andyt andyt:

I agree, so why did you post such a silly argument?

Because I love to point out hypocrites and remind them of it later.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:14 pm

I-D-E-O- L- O -G-I-C-A -L-L-Y incorrect , must ignore!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:16 pm

As I said, if it was some lefty group that came out against the minimums you'd be dismissing them. It's not hypocrisy to point out that even people who at one time were all for big minimums have seen the light. Do you only agree with people you have absolutely no difference of opinion with? Basically means you only agree with yourself.

And, you shifted the subject to hypocrisy from your silly post that people don't want criminals punished.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:32 pm

andyt andyt:
As I said, if it was some lefty group that came out against the minimums you'd be dismissing them. It's not hypocrisy to point out that even people who at one time were all for big minimums have seen the light. Do you only agree with people you have absolutely no difference of opinion with? Basically means you only agree with yourself.

And, you shifted the subject to hypocrisy from your silly post that people don't want criminals punished.

I never shifted anything...........you totally missed the point........ as usual.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Let's all go smoke a bunch of drugs, lighten up, mellow out, and then.............

Sorry, forgot what I was going to say next. 8O

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:35 pm

:lol: