canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:30 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Really, these protesters are just another 1%. That's about the total of the population that supports them and would rather be in a tent than vote.

Bit of an overstatement.
$1:
According to the survey, only 29 per cent of respondents said they have a favourable opinion of Occupy Vancouver, while 64 per cent view it unfavourably. This marks a significant decrease in support since a previous poll released by Ipsos Reid on Nov. 3, which showed 44 per cent of respondents in support versus 48 per cent in opposition.
And Susan Anton tried to make an election issue out of Robertson's soft handling of the situation, and got her ass handed to her.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Scape Scape:

Poor Ezra, busted again.

Nice how the video is edited and especially in the scene where the people are coming out of the tent, the entire tent isn't shown.

In the end, it's not hard to insulate a tent for a 2 minute video to prevent the camera from working.

Glad these turds have the money to go rent the camera and make a cool video for us.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Bruce_the_vii Bruce_the_vii:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
We will always have a right to complain. That's freedom of speech.

The issue is that these OWS copy-cats don't have a real foundation to their complaining and lack credibility with anyone except those on the outer fringes of the mainstream.

Really, these protesters are just another 1%. That's about the total of the population that supports them and would rather be in a tent than vote.

I really think you've got the protestors mixed up with the far left, which is about 1%. The number of people that hate the banks in the USA is very high for example. I think you got the wrong slant. The tea partiers, by contrast, are cut taxes even if it means triaging Mom and Dad down in the hospital.

Isn't this about protesters in Toronto, not how many people hate the banks in the US?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:46 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Scape Scape:

Poor Ezra, busted again.

Nice how the video is edited and especially in the scene where the people are coming out of the tent, the entire tent isn't shown.

In the end, it's not hard to insulate a tent for a 2 minute video to prevent the camera from working.

Glad these turds have the money to go rent the camera and make a cool video for us.

It takes time for the heat to transfer to the exterior of the tent. Showing 3 seconds of someone getting into a cold tent doesn't prove anything. The original video was shot at 4am long after people would have been sleeping plus he went and looked into some of the tents to prove that they were empty, before being approached.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Ezra can play the fool, but he definitely isn't a dummy...unfortunately the same can't be said about these protestors and their BS video.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:05 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

Right, 'cause if they've got money, what are they bitching about? Their protest would only be legitimate if they had no money and no jobs. No wait, if they have no jobs they're just lazy and have no cause to bitch about, they would only be legitimate if they had jobs and money. No wait, it's the hight of hypocrisy to bitch about conditions if you've got a job and hence money, they only have a right to bitch if they don't have money. No wait.....

Phew. What a confusing place rightie tightie world is.

When you volunteer at the homeless shelter, do you lecture them about about having cell phones and such OTI?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:49 am

andyt andyt:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

Right, 'cause if they've got money, what are they bitching about? Their protest would only be legitimate if they had no money and no jobs. No wait, if they have no jobs they're just lazy and have no cause to bitch about, they would only be legitimate if they had jobs and money. No wait, it's the hight of hypocrisy to bitch about conditions if you've got a job and hence money, they only have a right to bitch if they don't have money. No wait.....

Phew. What a confusing place rightie tightie world is.

When you volunteer at the homeless shelter, do you lecture them about about having cell phones and such OTI?

When you have money to piss away on making a bogus video and renting a camera, their involvement in the protest seems somewhat funny to me. Let's protest the lack of equality & poverty but let's piss away money on a camera.

Haven't seen a homeless man or woman at the shelter with a phone, leading me to believe not many of them do. I don't seem them renting cameras to make movies in order to make the media look bad.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:05 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Bruce_the_vii Bruce_the_vii:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
We will always have a right to complain. That's freedom of speech.

The issue is that these OWS copy-cats don't have a real foundation to their complaining and lack credibility with anyone except those on the outer fringes of the mainstream.

I really think you've got the protestors mixed up with the far left, which is about 1%. The number of people that hate the banks in the USA is very high for example. I think you got the wrong slant. The tea partiers, by contrast, are cut taxes even if it means triaging Mom and Dad down in the hospital.

Isn't this about protesters in Toronto, not how many people hate the banks in the US?

The Occupy Toronto protestors have a diversity of realistic complaints. To say that only 1% of Torontonians have complaints seems off.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:11 am

Scape Scape:

Poor Ezra, busted again.

So they're protesting against corporations but have no problem using a tool of a corporation to get their message across, hmm. :?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:24 am

I've got plenty of money. I've got a job, a truck, a car, a motorcycle, a motor home, a business...I'm still agitated that we can't get the rich to pay their fair share.

And they are not protesting "corporations" they are protesting corporate greed...greed like hiring all part time staff to avoid labour costs like health care insurance.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:33 am

Macguyver Macguyver:
I've got plenty of money. I've got a job, a truck, a car, a motorcycle, a motor home, a business...I'm still agitated that we can't get the rich to pay their fair share.

And they are not protesting "corporations" they are protesting corporate greed...greed like hiring all part time staff to avoid labour costs like health care insurance.

And I'm betting you do your hardest as a business owner to write-off things to avoid paying taxes on that income. One of the great perks of having your own business!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:46 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

When you have money to piss away on making a bogus video and renting a camera, their involvement in the protest seems somewhat funny to me. Let's protest the lack of equality & poverty but let's piss away money on a camera.

Yeah that's it - they've got a couple hundred bucks to spend on renting a camera, wtf are they protesting about. If they'd just distributed that money amongst themselves, they'd be that much closer to the 1 percent. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:20 am

Bruce, if this BS 'movement' had traction and credibility, the masses would be there.

It's the same lot who turned up to protest the G20. They didn't know what they were protesting against/for then either.

I think we should start another thread on this as it's a very interesting topic.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:29 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Macguyver Macguyver:

And I'm betting you do your hardest as a business owner to write-off things to avoid paying taxes on that income. One of the great perks of having your own business!

Of course he does, as he should. Otherwise he's at a disadvantage to his competition. ?But if those write-offs were elimnated for everybody, it would still be a level playing field.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:31 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Bruce, if this BS 'movement' had traction and credibility, the masses would be there.

It's the same lot who turned up to protest the G20. They didn't know what they were protesting against/for then either.

I think we should start another thread on this as it's a very interesting topic.

I went down to the Occupy Toronto and talked to 10 or so protestors. They all had well founded points. It was not at all like the stuff on Babble which makes up the perennial G20 protestors. Our information is quiet different.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9 ... 11  Next