bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:58 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
That's the thing: there are risks in operating a business. One of them is that protests (or other lawful public events) may interfere with business.

But the protests are in direct violation of city by-laws. They aren't legal. Could i come in and squat in your office to protest the fact i lost money on RIM shares?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:12 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Gunnair Gunnair:

You actually think MSM is shedding a positive light on these guys? Set your alarm clock buddy because you need to wake the fuck up. :lol:

Even the G&M and CNN isn't doing much of a job to paint a great picture of these guys. Fuck sakes, the Times Communist out here has hardly done these guys a PR favour during the camping trip in Centennial Square. And in this scene:

Ignoring CTV, City, Global...all who've aired nothing but sunshine and rainbows about the protest, showing very little if any negative about the impact to local business, etc, nothing about empty tents....just "positive vibes.

I just watched the local Global report tonight...same old pandering to these low-life turds. It was awesome to see them focus so much attention on these losers marching around holding signs of Rob Ford looking like Hitler.

And you've got the problem with a plug like Levant? Looks like I'm not the one in need of the clock.

I thought it was Mussolini?

http://photogallery.thestar.com/1089778

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Thanos Thanos:
Don't like Ezra very much. He's merely a slightly-less malignant Canadian version of American conserva-rat smear-artist James O'Keefe. But the Canadian OWS'ers are pissing me off far more at the moment. So fuck them and break out the firehoses. It'd be the first good bath the filthy bastards have had in weeks.

Sounds like Baby Hitler has a rash...

Baby Hitler definitely didn't have a good nap and woke up cranky today. And it didn't get any better when he heard that Calgary's mayor, the worst most politically-correct coward that the office has ever been held by, is probably going to be providing "free" (i.e. paid by me and other Calgary taxpayers) heat and electrical to that cluster of Occupy drug-addicts that've been hanging out at City Hall for the last two months.

Baby Hitler wishes he was much older just so he could send his beloved brownshirts in to clean up the garbage old-school style, that's how fucking pissed off Baby Hitler is about this issue right now. Grrrrr! :x

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Und iss der littul fuhrer sinking about blitzing zere pozishions vit vaterballoonss?

$1:
I thought it was Mussolini?

He looks more like Hermann Göring(before the nazis began to really lose), only not as thin.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:08 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Und iss der littul fuhrer sinking about blitzing zere pozishions vit vaterballoonss?

Nope. Trailer park tactics with empty whiskey bottles and flaming shitbags.

""Marxism is the best!", cries well-fed college kid who forgot Marx let his own children starve to death."
- random Twitter comment of the day

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:25 am

Thanos Thanos:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

Nope. Trailer park tactics with empty whiskey bottles and flaming shitbags.

""Marxism is the best!", cries well-fed college kid who forgot Marx let his own children starve to death."
- random Twitter comment of the day

Don't forget pissjugs!

That Twitter comment is completely retarded.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:30 am

The OWS made a legal protest, broke a few bylaws, were tolerate by the police and politicians and two months later have made there point. Some right wing pundits tried to make principles out of the infraction of the bylaws. The protestors had a lot of issues and were quite popular, especially given that the banks have created a deep recession. I spoke with some of the protestors and found they each had pet points which were perfectly rational. The most intellectual thing I read about the protestors is they the real theme is that people the cause these problems should take responsibility. That's like corporate responsibility.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:48 am

Uhhh then maybe these mental giants should try protesting, like, the corporations?????

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:26 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
That's the thing: there are risks in operating a business. One of them is that protests (or other lawful public events) may interfere with business.

Ironic that the protest that is killing their business is supposed to be in support of the very same people that are now struggling even worse.

These small shops employ the 99%. Cutting your nose off in spite of your face.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:45 am

Bruce_the_vii Bruce_the_vii:
The OWS made a legal protest, broke a few bylaws, were tolerate by the police and politicians and two months later have made there point. Some right wing pundits tried to make principles out of the infraction of the bylaws. The protestors had a lot of issues and were quite popular, especially given that the banks have created a deep recession. I spoke with some of the protestors and found they each had pet points which were perfectly rational. The most intellectual thing I read about the protestors is they the real theme is that people the cause these problems should take responsibility. That's like corporate responsibility.

What IS their point exactly?

I understand why the Americans were protesting (I use past tense for a reason. When you are camping out somewhere and you still have not made a point, your protest failed), but why are Canadians, Dutchies etc etc protesting? I don't get it. The gap between the American 1% and the 99% is far larger than the gap between the Canadian 1% and the 99%.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:57 am

Yeah, I would definitely be more than willing to give credit to someone who went to the Occupy protests and asked some tough questions, might even get a kick out of it. But this Ezra fella, is not at all clever or funny.

There's a pretty good video of Peter Schiff going down to OWS and talking with a bunch of people... I mean, there's alot of strategic editing going on but Schiff is a pretty smart guy and brings up some good points.

From this video, I don't really believe that Schiff and the Occupiers are really opposed. They both want change, they just have differing opinions about how to get there. I'm quite sure you'd find many Ron Paul supporters down there at OWS... not exactly communists.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:05 am

I understand why the Americans were protesting (I use past tense for a reason. When you are camping out somewhere and you still have not made a point, your protest failed), but why are Canadians, Dutchies etc etc protesting? I don't get it. The gap between the American 1% and the 99% is far larger than the gap between the Canadian 1% and the 99%.[/quote]

Because, Brenda, the gap in Canada has grown by 9% during the Harper years. It is growing much faster here than in the US now. Being smaller does not lessen the injustice of a fundamentally unfair distribution.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:12 am

eureka eureka:
I understand why the Americans were protesting (I use past tense for a reason. When you are camping out somewhere and you still have not made a point, your protest failed), but why are Canadians, Dutchies etc etc protesting? I don't get it. The gap between the American 1% and the 99% is far larger than the gap between the Canadian 1% and the 99%.

Because, Brenda, the gap in Canada has grown by 9% during the Harper years. It is growing much faster here than in the US now. Being smaller does not lessen the injustice of a fundamentally unfair distribution.[/quote]
What's unfair about a CEO making $180k/yr?
That's the 1% here, according to Andy's link.

They pay the same taxes, they have the same healthcare, the ones that are not in the 1% do not have to sell their house to pay for their cancer treatment (which, btw, a friend of mine in Pennsylvania is looking at at this moment), so really, what is the reason here to bitch? Just because "the gap grew with 9%"? Well, here in BC, minimum wage just got up 9% (so did the prices, btw, but why would you expect a shelf stocker to earn the same as the one with all the responsibilities?)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:24 am

eureka eureka:
Because, Brenda, the gap in Canada has grown by 9% during the Harper years. It is growing much faster here than in the US now. Being smaller does not lessen the injustice of a fundamentally unfair distribution.

So you want to do what exactly?

Tax the rich more and give more handouts to people?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:28 am

Minimum wage going up by 9% compensates for the huge gains of the 1% (it is more than that number, really)?

The income wealth gap is greater now than at any time in the history of Capitalism in North America, unless you want to consider the .1% of "Robber Barons."

The gap in North America is, by far, the widest in the world. The ills of poverty are, accordingly, most common in North America compared to the rest of the developed world.

It is ironic that in that disparity lies the seed for the destruction of Capitalism. The 'ism that the continent purports to defend.

Last edited by eureka on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 11  Next