canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
It was very clear in the video that he was opening tents and shoving his camera in there.

You are correct, I hadn't watched the video. Never the less, they are tresspassing so really his being a jackass to them is no worse than what they are doing to the city.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:34 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Gunnair Gunnair:

Course he does. He doesn't have a right poking around in tents, however, and since he's going after these guys for occupying a public space, him trying to do it only puts him at their own level, which he doesn't seem to like.

Un-smart on Ezra's part.

He's the asshole for looking around at a bunch of illegally placed squatters? Perhaps he should be like the rest of the MSM and kiss these losers asses.

He has just as much of a right to look into an illegally placed tent as he would look inside a box that a homeless man is sleeping in.

It's time they packed up and went back to art school or mom's basement.

You actually think MSM is shedding a positive light on these guys? Set your alarm clock buddy because you need to wake the fuck up. :lol:

Even the G&M and CNN isn't doing much of a job to paint a great picture of these guys. Fuck sakes, the Times Communist out here has hardly done these guys a PR favour during the camping trip in Centennial Square. And in this scene:

Ezra is clearly trying too.... oops, wrong movie.

Secondly, no, Ezra, unless he wants a moral high ground located below sea level, does not have a right to poke around their tents.

Dressing up like one of them further solidified his image as a fucking clown.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:38 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Gunnair Gunnair:
It was very clear in the video that he was opening tents and shoving his camera in there.

You are correct, I hadn't watched the video. Never the less, they are tresspassing so really his being a jackass to them is no worse than what they are doing to the city.

Yeah but that's my point, Ruez. If he does the same as them, then he's not in a position to complain about it. Had he simply gone in and conducted an interview, asked some tough questions of the three MENSA candidates that showed up to greet him, he'd have come off looking like a hero.

He chose poorly.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Ezra is a bit of a plonker. I don't have much time for him in general.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Sort of funny to watch the irresistible collide with the immovable.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:02 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
Something needs to be done about this insanity.

Which one?

Ezra's showboating has him coming off as as much of a douche as the other guys. Going into people's tents is a stupid and needlessly provocative stunt.

Frankly, all he had to do is interview those three, lose the stupid set, and he would have come out on top.

He chose not to and he looks like a retard.

I agree. Having some millionaire come along and harass poor people is unlikely to help the situaiton.

Although I'm sure Ezra himself would readily admit to being a professional douchebag. There's money in it. Where's that attention whore pic? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:

You actually think MSM is shedding a positive light on these guys? Set your alarm clock buddy because you need to wake the fuck up. :lol:

Even the G&M and CNN isn't doing much of a job to paint a great picture of these guys. Fuck sakes, the Times Communist out here has hardly done these guys a PR favour during the camping trip in Centennial Square. And in this scene:

Ignoring CTV, City, Global...all who've aired nothing but sunshine and rainbows about the protest, showing very little if any negative about the impact to local business, etc, nothing about empty tents....just "positive vibes.

I just watched the local Global report tonight...same old pandering to these low-life turds. It was awesome to see them focus so much attention on these losers marching around holding signs of Rob Ford looking like Hitler.

And you've got the problem with a plug like Levant? Looks like I'm not the one in need of the clock.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:20 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Gunnair Gunnair:

And let's not forget the businesses around, these local business owners are part of the 99% they are supposed to be in support of yet have all but ruined their business during the occupation.

Some local shops down 60% in sales due to their actions.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:41 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
And let's not forget the businesses around, these local business owners are part of the 99% they are supposed to be in support of yet have all but ruined their business during the occupation.

Some local shops down 60% in sales due to their actions.

I'm not sure that's a justification to force the protesters to leave. I'm sure that, for example, people protesting against the Vietnam war or racial segregation interfered with business. Protecting free speech is a lot more important than protecting sales at the local sub-shop. Free speech trumps just about anything.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:48 pm

their rights and freedoms end when they start infringing on those of others.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:55 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
their rights and freedoms end when they start infringing on those of others.

In general, I agree with that. When the city displaces the guy who's running a hotdog cart for 6 weeks while they re-do the sidewalk, is that infringing on the business's rights or does the need for a fixed sidewalk trump the needs of the hot-dog hawker? This Occupy-business presents an interesting and tricky moral dilemma.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Businesses are inconvenienced all the time by infrastructure projects implemented by municipal governments, whether, it's repaving a road, installing new water mains, laying paving stones on sidewalks or installing bike paths.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:05 pm

That's the thing: there are risks in operating a business. One of them is that protests (or other lawful public events) may interfere with business.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Don't like Ezra very much. He's merely a slightly-less malignant Canadian version of American conserva-rat smear-artist James O'Keefe. But the Canadian OWS'ers are pissing me off far more at the moment. So fuck them and break out the firehoses. It'd be the first good bath the filthy bastards have had in weeks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Don't like Ezra very much. He's merely a slightly-less malignant Canadian version of American conserva-rat smear-artist James O'Keefe. But the Canadian OWS'ers are pissing me off far more at the moment. So fuck them and break out the firehoses. It'd be the first good bath the filthy bastards have had in weeks.

Sounds like Baby Hitler has a rash...

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  Next