Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:58 pm

You clearly do not have much understanding of the function of a Parliament. I could give you many things that it can do that are legal but you might not `like` them. It would be quite legal for them to send you in a rowboat to blockade Shanghai but you would not `like` it.

It would, however, be the kind of thing Harper would `like`if he took a dislike to you and thought it would stop you interfering with his aim of making Canada a paradise for Social Conservatives.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:05 pm

eureka eureka:
You clearly do not have much understanding of the function of a Parliament. I could give you many things that it can do that are legal but you might not `like` them. It would be quite legal for them to send you in a rowboat to blockade Shanghai but you would not `like` it.

It would, however, be the kind of thing Harper would `like`if he took a dislike to you and thought it would stop you interfering with his aim of making Canada a paradise for Social Conservatives.

So... it's not illegal. I guess you're just another whining dick with a personal problem.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Using the "F" word as Mr. Martin did was about the same as John Baird using the "F" word about the people of Toronto/GTA in Ontario... Both are nuts...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Big fucking deal. Nothing nuts about it. The question is who is the word used against. Using it against politicians can probably just win you votes. Using it against voters is probably not that smart.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:48 pm

I have no problem with the actual words said, in fact most people would do the same if they were in that situation. What I do have a problem with is a person that should be capable of handling that situation acting like a normal person.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:14 pm

^

Which rules out Pat Martin. He's the rudest and most ignorant prick on the Hill right now. We should be able to expect better from an elected representative but with the ridiculous never-never-land of overwhelming self-righteousness that the NDP usually dwell in it's no major surprise at all that someone like Martin is blustering that he didn't do anything wrong.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:18 pm

I still think its hilarious. And it worked. He got a lot of mileage over that baby.

I remember his 2007 puppet show opposing the use of asbestos in children's toys. That, unfortunately, didn't work. The Conservatives are busy lying about the health impacts of asbestos so they can ship it overseas to poor countries and maybe ge a few votes in Quebec.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Don't forget his yearly effort to have our own home-grown terrorist and religiously-inspired murderer, Louis Riel, declared a national saint.

I'm stuck in a weird South Park-ish place with all that's going on lately. I've developed a genuine dislike over the past several years for most things conservative (the beyond-retarded Yank brand of it anyway) but at the same time I really, really, really still fucking hate leftists. Especially assholes like Pat Martin, who gets a walk based on the political party he belongs to. If a Tory had done this the guy would have been hounded by the media and forced to resign by now. Typical day in Canada I suppose.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:46 am

Come join the dark side comrade

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:03 am

Thanos Thanos:
Don't forget his yearly effort to have our own home-grown terrorist and religiously-inspired murderer, Louis Riel, declared a national saint.

I'm stuck in a weird South Park-ish place with all that's going on lately. I've developed a genuine dislike over the past several years for most things conservative (the beyond-retarded Yank brand of it anyway) but at the same time I really, really, really still fucking hate leftists. Especially assholes like Pat Martin, who gets a walk based on the political party he belongs to. If a Tory had done this the guy would have been hounded by the media and forced to resign by now. Typical day in Canada I suppose.

Who gives a crap about Louis Riel. I don't even know who the hell he was. And I spent many formative years in Winnipeg. We visited the site of some "battle" where like 17 people had died. That's not a battle, that's a tiff. This is after coming over from England, where I'd lived near York and been to battle scenes involving Vikings, Romans and various kings that had slaughtered thousands upon thousands. Louis Riel is boring.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:14 am

Where did you live near York? I spent a year and half there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:17 am

Bridlington. Lovely little seaside resort.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Enjoy.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanos Thanos:

At least the Left is actually still willing to talk, all you get out of the Harper Tories is dead silence while they push through repeated bills without even considering the effects they will have on the country. I won't be surprised to find more tax breaks to the rich coming while they jack up spending but push it onto the provinces so that their own books look stable.

I'd take a person that only talked about things I didn't like over somebody that came into my house and forced me to obey them any day.