GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:52 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Way to stand by what he said;

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/ ... algaryHome

$1:
NDP MP doesn't delete Twitter F-bomb, won't apologize

He'd get my vote if he wasn't NDP (and in my riding of course).

Bang on! Who cares if he dropped an F bomb? I bet if I was there and witnessed what he was witnessing, I'd likely do the same!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:04 pm

I have no problem with the original tweet. He was expressing his frustration in the same way a lot of ordinary Canadians would. When he told someone who objected to the language to "F-off" though... that was a little over the top for me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Unsound Unsound:
I have no problem with the original tweet. He was expressing his frustration in the same way a lot of ordinary Canadians would. When he told someone who objected to the language to "F-off" though... that was a little over the top for me.

Point there. Still... probably some right wing hack who had it coming! :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Unsound Unsound:

Point there. Still... probably some right wing hack who had it coming! :lol:

No doubt.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:33 pm

QBall QBall:
$1:
“F— you,” he later said in response to a user disgusted by his potty mouth.

That wouldn't be acceptable behaviour if he were responding to another MP in the house, to a member in the public he met in the street or to someone here on CKA as an anonymous poster. The guy seems unstable.

Someone who swears is unstable? I've got some bad news for you about our men and women in uniform then, pal. :lol:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:44 pm

I don't think the actual reason for his rant can be emphasised enough. The CPC has now invoked closure nine times.

The contempt for Parliament and for democracy continues.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:30 pm

eureka eureka:
The contempt for Parliament and for democracy continues.

Name one person in this country who doesn't have contempt for parliament and I will call them a fool.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:07 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Someone who swears is unstable? I've got some bad news for you about our men and women in uniform then, pal. :lol:

Some days I would be the most unstable guy on the planet if swearing was the only criteria they measured by! 8O :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:15 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Some days I would be the most unstable guy on the planet if swearing was the only criteria they measured by! 8O :lol:

That would be me every day! :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:20 am

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:53 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
QBall QBall:
$1:
“F— you,” he later said in response to a user disgusted by his potty mouth.

That wouldn't be acceptable behaviour if he were responding to another MP in the house, to a member in the public he met in the street or to someone here on CKA as an anonymous poster. The guy seems unstable.

No, I'm not saying someone who swears is unstable, I'm saying three things:

1. The reason for him going off like that is petty. No one stole his car. He didn't come home to find his wife in bed with someone else. No one kicked his cat. He went off because debate was closed on a bill. You're an MP, an apparently experienced one at that. Get a grip!

2. It's not like a reporter recorded a private conversation. He tweeted the insane rant. If he was working for a private corporation he'd be fired by now;

3. When a member of the public challenged him on it he told them "Fuck you". That's the best an MP can come up with? That's an appropriate response considering the office he's suppose to represent?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:45 am

And what would you consider an appropriate response to someone who applauds this regimes further sidelining of Parliamentary democracy. The Arab countries have recently gone through mass uprisings to try to gain what Harper is contemptuously throwing away here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:50 am

eureka eureka:
And what would you consider an appropriate response to someone who applauds this regimes further sidelining of Parliamentary democracy. The Arab countries have recently gone through mass uprisings to try to gain what Harper is contemptuously throwing away here.

The CPC shut down debate on the subject.

Is that illegal?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:01 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
eureka eureka:

The CPC shut down debate on the subject.

Is that illegal?

Don't think he was making an illegal claim.

They've shut down debate on a number of subjects. That's the seventh time, I think, that they've used closure.

Not a petty reason.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:45 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
bootlegga bootlegga:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Either way, all you lefties would be crying foul.

If he cut spending, you'd be pissed.

If he spent money, you'd be pissed.

It's a lose/lose for anyone in these strange economic times.

Funny, that's probably how'd you act if the Liberals were running the show...

Actually many of us applauded Chretien and the Liberals when they balanced the budget and started paying off debt. I would have wished they hadn't cut so much of the military however.

Fair enough, but I directed that comment directly at OTI - had I referred to right wingers in general I would have used 'righties' or 'right wingers' instead of "you".

The Trudeau-era Liberals hate for the military is one reason I couldn't stomach voting for them - although I freely admit that I voted for Chretien in 1993 - simply because he wasn't a PC. Looking back, it was a mistake - it helped destroy the PC party and brought Reform/alliance to the forefront - at least the PCs offered something for Red Tories like myself. Of course, hindsight is always 20-20, isn't it?

The last time I voted Liberal Paul Martin was PM and had increased defence spending in a big way. Dion and his green agenda turned me off, and I supported Ignatief until I realized he was beholden to the same Trudeau-era boobs who supported Chretien all those years.

Sometimes it sucks to be a centrist and see no real option come election time...sigh