bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Hydro. And gas, too, btw.

Fortis is not "supposed" to raise anything to cover their bad management, but they still did. Governments are known to not being able to budget very well.

Fortis is a private company. How will they raise taxes?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:55 pm

sandorski sandorski:
This is a bad choice. :roll:

I agree - now BC will face either income tax hikes and/or cuts in services, neither of which BCers are going to find pleasant.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Again, this new tax regime was sold to BC'rs as revenue neutral for the govt. We were assured that businesses would pass on their savings to the consumer. Neither seems to be true, so I'm not sure how we will be worse off.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:00 pm

andyt andyt:
We were assured that businesses would pass on their savings to the consumer.

Well, there's your problem!

"Cheque is in the Mail"
"I won't come in your mouth"
"Trickle down economics gives more savings and choice to the consumer"

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:04 pm

andyt andyt:
You're losing your rightwing cred here, Bart.

Hardly. This thing is a CDN$3bn tax cut. That's 3bn going back into the BC economy and that's never a bad thing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:07 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
...now BC will face...cuts in services

I'm thinking most people in BC will be just bloody well giddy about it when it means that these sh*theads won't be on the dole anymore...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:14 pm

andyt andyt:
Brenda Brenda:
Hydro. And gas, too, btw.

Fortis is not "supposed" to raise anything to cover their bad management, but they still did. Governments are known to not being able to budget very well.

Fortis is a private company. How will they raise taxes?

Did I say they raised TAXES?? You just do not want to get it, do you.

Other than that the government has to gain more income to cough up the dough for this (and don't forget that the only income a government has, is taxes), business need to switch back too. That means they will raise their prices (again) to cover their costs.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Did I say they raised TAXES?? You just do not want to get it, do you.

Andy and logic don't mix at parties.

Brenda Brenda:
Other than that the government has to gain more income to cough up the dough for this (and don't forget that the only income a government has, is taxes), business need to switch back too. That means they will raise their prices (again) to cover their costs.

Andy and people like him think that when you raise taxes on 'the rich' and on 'big corporations' that it has no effect on anything. Meanwhile, they simultaneously promote punitive taxes on alcohol, tobacco, and petrol because of the effects that taxation has on people's behaviors.

What's ironic about government raising taxes on big corporations is that the public employee's pension funds who are the primary investors in many of those corporations are the first to demand that prices go up so their dividends can continue to support the pensions of annuitants.

In this case with the HST thing taxes and prices went up when it was imposed and taxes and prices will go up after it's lifted because no matter what happens sometimes, people get screwed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:27 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
andyt andyt:
Scape Scape:
Tax hikes here we come!

I recall the HST as being sold as revenue neutral. Why do we need tax hikes to replace one tax system with another?

Didn't you even bother to read the article you quoted?

$1:
Finance Minister Kevin Falcon has said the B.C. government would be looking at a $3 billion hit — including repaying Ottawa the incentive money it forwarded to implement the tax — if voters decided to get rid of the HST.

The net impact of a dropped tax would be an immediate increase in next year's projected budget deficit to $2.56 billion from $925 million, he said.

Just raise the sales tax and various other Provincial income taxes to make up for it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:29 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
bootlegga bootlegga:
andyt andyt:

"Scape" said

Tax hikes here we come!

I recall the HST as being sold as revenue neutral. Why do we need tax hikes to replace one tax system with another?

Didn't you even bother to read the article you quoted?

$1:
Finance Minister Kevin Falcon has said the B.C. government would be looking at a $3 billion hit — including repaying Ottawa the incentive money it forwarded to implement the tax — if voters decided to get rid of the HST.

The net impact of a dropped tax would be an immediate increase in next year's projected budget deficit to $2.56 billion from $925 million, he said.

Just raise the sales tax and various other Provincial income taxes to make up for it.

Which is exactly what Scape said...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:32 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:
...now BC will face...cuts in services

I'm thinking most people in BC will be just bloody well giddy about it when it means that these sh*theads won't be on the dole anymore...

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of those rioting dumbasses probably never got EI at all - odds are they work in the retail/food service industry - where there is almost never a shortage of jobs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:32 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:

I apologize for adding my opinion to the discussion. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:35 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
andyt andyt:
You're losing your rightwing cred here, Bart.

Hardly. This thing is a CDN$3bn tax cut. That's 3bn going back into the BC economy and that's never a bad thing.

Not sure how you come up with that. 1.6 billion of that is going back to the Federal Government.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:05 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
bootlegga bootlegga:

I apologize for adding my opinion to the discussion. :roll:

You should :twisted:
Don't you know by now that we don't do opinions? We only do other peoples opinions and present them as facts :twisted:

(I had someone piss in my cereal just yet, bear with me :lol:)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:40 pm

Scape Scape:
Tax hikes here we come!

And goodbye Christie Cluck. [B-o]