Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 pm

I think we are sending them because its a UN resolution, and its an attempt to save lives. What worries me is the US saying they want to attack ground targets as well. :|

What I would like to know are which nations are coming to the table, so far I can find Britain, US, France and one more un-named Arab States. link

Last edited by Guy_Fawkes on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:21 pm

it should be strictly an air operation. Hit GaDaffy's limited armour and concentrated infantry, as well as knock out his communications and supply lines. Humanitarian aid should be air dropped into the east or in Egypt and shipped to the rebels.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:38 pm

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
I think we are sending them because its a UN resolution, and its an attempt to save lives. What worries me is the US saying they want to attack ground targets as well. :|

What I would like to know are which nations are coming to the table, so far I can find Britain, US, France and one more un-named Arab States. link

$1:
Rebel National Council head Mustafa Abdel Jalil told Al Jazeera television air strikes, beyond the no-fly zone, were essential to stop Gaddafi.

Havent even put one plane in air yet, supposedly to deny Whacky his air power,
and already we are expected to start fighting for the rebels.

The same bunch that a few weeks ago proclaimed the Islamic Emirate of Benghazi....

Bad idea, and where are the planes from the Arab League ?

Yeah, yeah, one again its all the fault of the Crusaders.

Gadaffi better get his ass in gear and finish this before we get organized,
and get sucked into bombing Muslims again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:52 am

martin14 martin14:
Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:

$1:
Rebel National Council head Mustafa Abdel Jalil told Al Jazeera television air strikes, beyond the no-fly zone, were essential to stop Gaddafi.

Havent even put one plane in air yet, supposedly to deny Whacky his air power,
and already we are expected to start fighting for the rebels.

The same bunch that a few weeks ago proclaimed the Islamic Emirate of Benghazi....

Bad idea, and where are the planes from the Arab League ?

Yeah, yeah, one again its all the fault of the Crusaders.

Gadaffi better get his ass in gear and finish this before we get organized,
and get sucked into bombing Muslims again.

Most Arab states are only slightly better than Ghadaffi and dealing with the same potential situation as him.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:19 am

sandorski sandorski:

Most Arab states are only slightly better than Ghadaffi and dealing with the same potential situation as him.

Fail.

Apologist BS.

Tunisia is at peace, so is Egypt. They have assets they can deploy.
The Saudis arent bombing their own people, they can send a few planes too.

They have gotten quite nice and fat while we get fucked at the pumps,
and now we have have to pay for sending planes and putting our guys in danger
because the rebels are a bunch of useless fucks who can't win in an internal situation ?

What a crock of utter shite.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:53 am

I'll go against the grain, even (painfully) agree with Martin...

We shouldn't even be involved. This is not our fight. This is pure hypocrisy, on one hand we watch as Saudi military forces crush protesters in Bahrain, and Yemenese security fire live rounds into protesters, on the other hand we are getting involved in Libya.

This operation is stupid. If Britain and France want to secure oil for themselves and their Mediterranean allies, let them do it. If the Saudis, the largest military spenders in the Middle East want to help out, good for them, let them go and bomb their fellow muslims.

This has nothing to do with us. For the UN to approve the no fly zone over Libya, it must also approve action in Ivory Coast, Yemen, Sudan, Burma, and a slew of other oppressive murderous regimes. But alas...it's all bullshit. What makes Libya so special?? It Makes Italy nervous?

I for one, don't support any Canadian involvement in this.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 am

Didn't expect to see this coming. Nice to see the pilots will finally get some actual CAP time, even if it would be over in 5 minutes if the Libyans tried anything. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:29 am

CommanderSock CommanderSock:
I'll go against the grain, even (painfully) agree with Martin...

First Bootlega, now you.. what is wrong with you guys ?

:lol: :lol:

$1:

It Makes Italy nervous?

You can be sure Italy is nervous, but they were happy with Whacky Gaddafy.

Believe me, this did not come from Rome.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:17 am

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
djakeydd djakeydd:
Nice to once again see that the lakey flake harper does exactly as told by his handlers. We have no business in or around Libya.

Do you honestly think that any other party leader would have made a different call? I dont like the decision either, but its coming from the UN, if a PM said no he would have A LOT of explaining to do.

I know your a troll D, but when you say something this stupid someone has to call you on it.

Thats right, harper is bought and paid for by the UN and big corporate interests. Now we can have a redux of WMD Saddam Hussein mania 2011 edition. It is all so predictable and the big prize in all of this will be Iran. Yeah, the immams all are nuts, thats fine, we have our own battles to wage and they are not anywhere in the mideast.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:52 am

I'm all for enforcing a no fly zone in the area, but agree that the Saudis and Egypt should carry the load on it, why oh why is it always up to North America everytime the UN decides to act.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:30 am

Thanos Thanos:
NATO air power vs. Moammar's collection of obsolete Soviet garbage? Ought to be over in about five hours. Or less. Hopefully they have orders to shoot down all his helicopters too in order to prevent a repeat of what happened to the Kurds and Shias in Iraq just after Desert Storm ended.

So why don't we do the same with Yemen? Bahrain? Ivory Coast? Western Sudan?

Why don't we help the Behrani people with liberation? Commit a few high end jets their way? Bomb the Saudi troops imposing order? Perhaps Ivory Coast? Too far from Europe to be of concern? Cocoa not as important as oil? The locals too primitive to be worth the effort?

Why Libya all of a sudden? What's so important about them?

It can't be the civilian deaths, obviously that doesn't phase our leaders, otherwise they'd never have supported Gaddafi and his ilk in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:37 am

Gaddafi for the moment is playing it safe, called the ceasefire. He's regained control of key ground that was previously lost. This No Fly zone is a little to late the Rat has taken cover. Obama, urges Gaddafi to stop troops advancing on Benghazi.

$1:
According to Allah Jazz aka Aljazeera,on the 16th libyan state television said government troops were "in total control" of the town, a claim disputed by the rebels.

Ajdabiya's fall would open the way for Gaddafi's forces to advance farther into the long stretch of eastern Libya that has been in the control of the opposition throughout the month-long uprising against the Libyan leader's more than 41-year-old rule.

Gaddafi's forces, who have halted and reversed last month's rebel advance along the east coast, also appeared to be gaining control of the nearby oil town of Brega.

Loosely organised anti-Gaddafi fighters with little military training have been pushed back more than 160km in a week-long counter-offensive by Gaddafi's professional army.

"We have lost Brega completely. We could not face Gaddafi's forces," said a rebel in Ajdabiya on Tuesday, who identified himself only as Nasser.

Gaddafi's planes, tanks and artillery have had few problems picking off lightly armed rebels in the open desert, but have faced fierce resistance in towns that offer some cover for the rebels.

Soliman Bouchuiguir, president of the Libyan League for Human Rights, said in Geneva that if Gaddafi's forces attacked Benghazi, there would be "a real bloodbath, a massacre like we saw in Rwanda".

Source: http://english.aljazeera.net/news/afric ... 56943.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:13 pm

CommanderSock CommanderSock:
Thanos Thanos:
NATO air power vs. Moammar's collection of obsolete Soviet garbage? Ought to be over in about five hours. Or less. Hopefully they have orders to shoot down all his helicopters too in order to prevent a repeat of what happened to the Kurds and Shias in Iraq just after Desert Storm ended.

So why don't we do the same with Yemen? Bahrain? Ivory Coast? Western Sudan?

Why don't we help the Behrani people with liberation? Commit a few high end jets their way? Bomb the Saudi troops imposing order? Perhaps Ivory Coast? Too far from Europe to be of concern? Cocoa not as important as oil? The locals too primitive to be worth the effort?

Why Libya all of a sudden? What's so important about them?

It can't be the civilian deaths, obviously that doesn't phase our leaders, otherwise they'd never have supported Gaddafi and his ilk in the first place.

R=UP

Where are all the people who shit on Bush over Afghanistan and Iraq claiming it was all done for oil?

If Libya didn't have an ounce of oil do you think the French would have gone to the Rebels aide and then proposed this no Fly Zone? My best guess is that they've made a deal with the Rebels for the oil, just like they did with Saddam before the Americans came in and fucked up their good intentions.

Given Obama's speech this morning, it's quite apparent that the Party in power may have changed but the US Governments policies haven't.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:21 pm

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
I think its a bad idea, I really hoped we would have stayed out of the country.

Agreed.

I'm tired of people blaming the west for everything when we try to correct what we percieve as wrong and get criticized for it all the time, fuck em. Let their neihbours help them out so they can see how easy it is.

I don't care if its under a NATO/UN banner won't stop people for blaming westerners.

Until someone starts lobbing nukes over there we should just say fuck it and get the fuck out.

Last edited by Bodah on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:23 pm

djakeydd djakeydd:
Thats right, harper is bought and paid for by the UN and big corporate interests. ...

Got proof ? Of course not...

Exactly what colour were the paint chips you ate as a child again ?