PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Title: Separate but unequal: Charts show growing rich-poor gap
Category: Business
Posted By: DerbyX
Date: 2011-02-24 10:28:52

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:53 pm

This is a good thing. It will make all those lazy poor people get off their asses, get a good education and good jobs. Then we can keep importing immigrants to do the shit jobs. It'll be a new paradise.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:57 pm

AGAIN that story ?? :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:59 pm

I you think it's going to go away, you're seriously deluding yourself. Exactly what degree of income inequality do you think is right? India's?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:00 pm

As you of course know, once all those people become qualified for the "good jobs," those jobs won't be good anymore because the reaganomics system * deliberately * defines "good" jobs as those that require * scarce * talent. The game is rigged, my friends.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:04 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
As you of course know, once all those people become qualified for the "good jobs," those jobs won't be good anymore because the reaganomics system * deliberately * defines "good" jobs as those that require * scarce * talent. The game is rigged, my friends.

No it's not. Proc will explain to you why it has to work that way. It's a good thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:09 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Which is why the lesser jobs ($12,15/hr) require a uni-education already.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:26 pm

andyt andyt:
I you think it's going to go away, you're seriously deluding yourself. Exactly what degree of income inequality do you think is right? India's?

Income inequality is irrelevant. Equality of opportunity is what matters.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:28 pm

andyt andyt:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

No it's not. Proc will explain to you why it has to work that way. It's a good thing.

I never said it was a good or a bad thing. I said the rich-poor gap doesn't matter...

But, really, instead of starting a thread of that very same subject every week, why don't start only ONE in the debaters category and write everything in that thread ? It's an eternal re-beginning.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:29 pm

The usual delusion. Do poor people really have equality of opportunity? Does the average middle class family compared to the people who run the country and Wall street? Do you?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:31 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
andyt andyt:

Income inequality is irrelevant. Equality of opportunity is what matters.

And it's illusory. Even sidestepping the question of whether or not minorities have the same opportinities as white males, either it means that 99% of the population are shiftless fucking layabouts who can't be arsed to do anything to better themselves and only 1% give a rat's, or that there's something other than effort at play.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:34 pm

andyt andyt:
The usual delusion. Do poor people really have equality of opportunity? Does the average middle class family compared to the people who run the country and Wall street? Do you?

Tons of people who were very poor when they were young are now millionaires. It's IRRELEVANT. What's relevant is an easy entry to the market, less regulations that favor the corrupts and less bureaucracy.

Anyway, no matter what we say to show you the truth, you will still believe in what you made out in your mind. So that's also irrelevant to argue :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:38 pm

Proculation Proculation:
Tons of people who were very poor when they were young are now millionaires. It's IRRELEVANT. What's relevant is an easy entry to the market, less regulations that favor the corrupts and less bureaucracy.

Anyway, no matter what we say to show you the truth, you will still believe in what you made out in your mind. So that's also irrelevant to argue :lol:

Indeed. Just so long as the leftists appreciate that they'll get shot if they ever try to implement their Utopian fantasies then things will be fine.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:38 pm

andyt andyt:
Do poor people really have equality of opportunity?

Prove otherwise.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:39 pm

I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.
Ecclesiastes 9:11