Category: Business
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2011-02-22 18:15:46
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:22 am

I guess their chili isn't finger lickin' good.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:42 am

Extra protein, bonus!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:42 am

What's the problem? I'm sure the grub didn't eat very much.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:00 am

I'm always leery of these kinds of complaints. Too easy to fake something like this and have a friend verify the claim.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:57 am

That's some grubbin' chili! [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:10 am

Edible insects...

You may feel that these two words do not even belong in the same sentence. You have every right to be skeptical. In all probability, you have never deliberately ate an insect. However you have probably inadvertently consumed over a pound of insects in your lifetime.

Your insect consumption adds up. Flour beetles, weevils, and other insect pests that infest granaries are milled along with the grain, finally ending up as tiny black specks in your piece of bread. Small grubs and other tiny insects can be found in your fruit and vegetables. Insects are especially common in canned and other types of processed food, and even in certain beverages! :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 am

raydan raydan:
Edible insects...

You may feel that these two words do not even belong in the same sentence. You have every right to be skeptical. In all probability, you have never deliberately ate an insect. However you have probably inadvertently consumed over a pound of insects in your lifetime.

Your insect consumption adds up. Flour beetles, weevils, and other insect pests that infest granaries are milled along with the grain, finally ending up as tiny black specks in your piece of bread. Small grubs and other tiny insects can be found in your fruit and vegetables. Insects are especially common in canned and other types of processed food, and even in certain beverages! :D

Lets not forget the old chocolate covered ants, haven't seen those in years

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:33 am

Choban Choban:

Tried those a long time ago... along with fried grasshoppers.

At the Montreal Insectarium, you can go for the "Taster's Choice". 8O

$1:
Rendez-Vous at Montreal's "Insectarium" the live insects exhibition hall. A few times during the year you'll have a couple of special events... don't miss the bug tasting event on June 6th to 19th, where you get to actually taste different dishes prepared with bugs: fruit fly banana cake, larva pizza, grasshopper chips! Children love this magical place!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:06 pm

Choban Choban:
I'm always leery of these kinds of complaints. Too easy to fake something like this and have a friend verify the claim.

I understand, but as someone who once found a beetle in his Whopper (after asking for one with no pickles or onions - hence it had to be made fresh), I don't.

I'm not saying the staff did it on purpose, but if you ever read food standards guidelines, some of the standards are gross - 20 PPM bug allowable in this or 10 PPM bug allowable in that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:13 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Choban Choban:

I understand, but as someone who once found a beetle in his Whopper (after asking for one with no pickles or onions - hence it had to be made fresh), I don't.

I'm not saying the staff did it on purpose, but if you ever read food standards guidelines, some of the standards are gross - 20 PPM bug allowable in this or 10 PPM bug allowable in that.

Are you sure? As someone who is familiar with your sparkling personality I'd wouldn't be so sure ..... :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:17 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Choban Choban:

Are you sure? As someone who is familiar with your sparkling personality I'd wouldn't be so sure ..... :P

Given that someone else bought it for me, yeah, I'm sure (I was at home and my friend bought it).

Now, you I can definitely see someone stuffing bugs into your food at the local Timmies. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:20 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:

Given that someone else bought it for me, yeah, I'm sure (I was at home).

Now, you I can definitely see someone stuffing bugs into your food at the local Timmies. :P

Hell I ask for extra. At least I know the bugs will be fresh .... unlike their doughnuts.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:35 pm

raydan raydan:
Choban Choban:

Tried those a long time ago... along with fried grasshoppers.

At the Montreal Insectarium, you can go for the "Taster's Choice". 8O

$1:
Rendez-Vous at Montreal's "Insectarium" the live insects exhibition hall. A few times during the year you'll have a couple of special events... don't miss the bug tasting event on June 6th to 19th, where you get to actually taste different dishes prepared with bugs: fruit fly banana cake, larva pizza, grasshopper chips! Children love this magical place!

I've always wanted to go there too. Usually too hung over from visiting St. Catherines' street though. ;) I tried sun dried grasshopper with lime once, and they were pretty good. Almost popcorn-ish.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:11 pm

raydan raydan:
Edible insects...
However you have probably inadvertently consumed over a pound of insects in your lifetime.

A pound a lifetime... holy hell, I get a pound every year.

Full of crunchy goodness. ROTFL ROTFL