canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:06 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Go ahead and legalize pot. Just don't mind us as we militarize the border and it takes you 8 hours to cross the border.

Wow, is marijuana that dangerous? Who knew that a plant that grows everywhere and gives people the munchies when they smoke it could threaten your national security so much!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:08 pm

KorbenDeck KorbenDeck:
(yes you can get addicted to it)

No you can't.

Before this weekend, I hadn't smoked any for three weeks. Zero withdrawal symptoms. And thus, no addiction.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:11 pm

andyt andyt:
Dunno why Bart thinks legalization up here would increase what is already a huge traffic south. And it would look pretty silly militarizing the border when a bunch of US states are also very close to legalization. Guess there'll be troops around those borders too.

As soon as all states legalise marijuana, the federal government will build a wall around America and declare everyone under arrest.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:19 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Calderon said loosening drug consumption laws would result in "serious consequences for American and Mexican society."

"Drugs kill in production. Drugs kill in distribution, as is the case in the violence in Mexico, and drugs kill in consumption," Calderon said.

You don't suppose he's met with the American drug czar, the Commander in Chief in the War Against Some Drugs, do you?

Politicians who are pressured to behave a certain way will say anything, no matter how factually incorrect it is. The truth is, in Mexico, drug-related gang violence has gone up because the drugs are still illegal. Why do we have to keep rehashing this anyway? The same thing happened during Prohibition in the 1920s, and that sure didn't do anything to stop alcohol consumption - it just made more crime and gang violence.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:20 pm

You can be psychologically addicted to it.

As in, the days you aren't high probably seem to suck bit, so you want to get high.

But it's generally possible and easy to stop when one wants too. I haven't smoked in a week. Although I didn't plan it, it's a livable thing.

Nothing wrong so far.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

You can be psychologically addicted to anything. Maybe we should make folding clothes illegal, for all of those people who have a compulsive addiction to folding their clothes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:23 pm

romanP romanP:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

You can be psychologically addicted to anything. Maybe we should make folding clothes illegal, for all of those people who have a compulsive addiction to folding their clothes.

Yep. Chocolate, television, the internet, Pokemon Yellow, the smell of lavender... You could be psychologically addicted to punching people in the face if it's what you enjoy doing.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Even if it is physically addictive, that is not a valid reason for keeping any drug illegal, as there are already several over the counter and prescription drugs that are habit forming if they are abused.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Lord knows I sure feel it when I don't get my morning coffee. Of course, coffee doesn't make people axe murder their families the way pot does. Pot does do that, right?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Unsound Unsound:
Lord knows I sure feel it when I don't get my morning coffee. Of course, coffee doesn't make people axe murder their families the way pot does. Pot does do that, right?

It's a real blood bath around here after I smoke a couple. Those poor chocolate chip cookies don't deserve to die like that :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:23 pm

The percentage from BC must be viewed a little differently than in other provinces.
At least 15% are opposed to legalization as they run grow-ops and they'd lose their livelyhoods.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:08 am

Unsound Unsound:

Oh yeah, I left that part out. Also, the zombie rash. You can get a zombie rash from smoking pot. And your fingers will turn into carrots.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:32 am

All while laughing hysterically of course

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:34 am

the figures are inaccurate. Nobody asked me. I also support it. :)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:52 am

I smoked marijuana once. It made me want to 'rape and kill!