bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Who in hell would WANT to download your movies to a 10" screen? You've got in on your PVR that's connected to a goddam 52" screen.
It's a gizmo, it does what it does and if that isn't what you want, don't buy it. Don't make yourself look foolish talkng about what it can't do and how crappy it is and how it's a fail even after selling a million in one month because you can't afford one.
Anyone got an AsusEEE touch that HAS USB, windows, a real hard drive, keyboard and that stuff the iPad hasn't? Didn't think so.
SIXTEEN YEARS is selling/fixing computers, and the absolute best thing about Apple is it completely rules out everyone who's just plain butt-squeak when they walk cheap.
The absolute best demographic to never have to deal with!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:26 pm

I've honestly never understood the fascination with these gadgets, loaded with apps that really are as useless as teats on a bull for the majority of those that buy 'em. Then again, never been a fan of cell phones either :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Let's laugh at the morons who buy overpriced Apple products to look cool.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Me too. It's for phone calls, if I want to text or browse I'll send an email from my laptop. A couple years ago I decided to see what my own site (our town portal) looked on the cell phone. A good 5 minutes later, only the first horizontal menu had loaded, you had to scroll and scroll to see it. A month later I got a bill for $2.45 to see 5% of one web page. Bullshit.
I'm one of those guys where the Future Shop staff run because I already HAVE the new gizmos they're pushing. Tried to talk myself into buying an iPad just because I haven't bought a new gizmo for ages. All I could think of was that there's no "apps" to assist me in my line of business and using a touchpad in the field with greasy fingers....
I already have a Macbook, a Win7 laptop, a Win7 netbook, 2 XP netbooks and 2 Linux netbooks. I think I'll grab a new MacMini and take the old one to my Net Cafe instead of buying an iPad.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:48 pm

herbie herbie:
Me too. It's for phone calls, if I want to text or browse I'll send an email from my laptop. A couple years ago I decided to see what my own site (our town portal) looked on the cell phone. A good 5 minutes later, only the first horizontal menu had loaded, you had to scroll and scroll to see it. A month later I got a bill for $2.45 to see 5% of one web page. Bullshit.
I'm one of those guys where the Future Shop staff run because I already HAVE the new gizmos they're pushing. Tried to talk myself into buying an iPad just because I haven't bought a new gizmo for ages. All I could think of was that there's no "apps" to assist me in my line of business and using a touchpad in the field with greasy fingers....
I already have a Macbook, a Win7 laptop, a Win7 netbook, 2 XP netbooks and 2 Linux netbooks. I think I'll grab a new MacMini and take the old one to my Net Cafe instead of buying an iPad.

What's your opnion of netbooks?

I've heard mixed things, and I was thinking of replacing my laptop with something for just browsing and writing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:55 pm

So how many people here have actually tried out the iPad? Must be most since everyone knows how crap it is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:22 am

I'll admit, I've never tried it out. But I can't imagine it being much more useful than it's recent predecesors. When the Blackberrys came out, my one friend HAD to show me all the "cool" stuff it did. And all I could keep thinking is, "What the hell do I need all that crap on a tiny screen for?"
Hell man, we were LUCKY when we could watch TV on something bigger than a 12" when I was a kid. Now, people want smaller screens than that to do way more than just watch TV :lol:

Far be it for me to tell people how to spend their money, I've just never been fascinated by these types of toys. Got GPS and tunes in my car. And if I'm out of town, I have my laptop to look for stuff to do there while I'm in my hotel room.
Got over 150 hours of music on it too so I'm set for tunes XD

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:28 am

Come on people, get a hold of yourselves.

This thing is fucking useless.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:57 am

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Define useless? You can watch video's, play music, surf the internet, check and send email, create documents, play games, read books, etc.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:01 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Define useless? You can watch video's, play music, surf the internet, check and send email, create documents, play games, read books, etc.

Wow really? So all the stuff I can do on my nice light, portable laptop but on a 10 inch screen.
Yer not exactly selling me on it :lol: :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:03 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Wow really? So all the stuff I can do on my nice light, portable laptop but on a 10 inch screen.
Yer not exactly selling me on it :lol: :wink:

I'm not trying to sell anyone on anything. He said it's useless, I proved it's not. I guess some people think it's as cool to rag on something they don't own as it is to buy it just to own it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:22 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

It's little features don't impress me, it's an attempt at a minimalistic laptop. And laptops already suck.

Desktop for the win!

The folks on CBC keep screaming how bloody great and shit this is. What? They quickly scroll through a map "Oh look the map looks big omfg I paid $900 so I could move on from the pain and burden of $0.25 maps" and then they scroll through the list of random icons and apps "You can put stuff on it if Apple lets you". Worthless as far as innovation. Worthless as a company.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:37 am

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
It's little features don't impress me, it's an attempt at a minimalistic laptop. And laptops already suck.

Desktop for the win!

The folks on CBC keep screaming how bloody great and shit this is. What? They quickly scroll through a map "Oh look the map looks big omfg I paid $900 so I could move on from the pain and burden of $0.25 maps" and then they scroll through the list of random icons and apps "You can put stuff on it if Apple lets you". Worthless as far as innovation. Worthless as a company.

It's basically a large, upgraded iPod Touch. However I use my iPod quite a bit around my home so I'd have lot's of uses for an iPad. I think it's a neat gadget which isn't for everyone but it's certainly not useless. Spending money on booze or weed just for a buzz is useless, but each to their own.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:51 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Don't forget that it also looks real snazzy while showing off your latest screenplay with your fellow Starbucks patrons.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Beej Beej:
Don't forget that it also looks real snazzy while showing off your latest screenplay with your fellow Starbucks patrons.

:lol: Damn yuppies.