Title: Intrawest owner wants Ottawa to pay $90M US: report
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: WDHIII
Date: 2010-02-01 09:54:04
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:58 pm

*Waaaa!* "Our Business practices are shown to be unsustainable! *waaa!* we need a bailout or everyone suffers! *waaaa!*

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:16 pm

I wonder how up to date their taxes are? :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:16 pm

"...the parent firm, Wall Street hedge fund Fortress Investments LLC..."

*sarcastic* What??? A ludicrously wealthy hedge fund making greedy unreasonable demands for money at the expense of everyone else??? I'm shocked and amazed! :roll:

"Fortress paid $2.75 billion when it bought Intrawest in 2006, much of it with borrowed money. It is late on a $524-million debt payment."

*Super sarcastic* Whaat??? A leveraged buyout of a successful company by a hedge fund leaving a massive debt for somebody else to pay off? Wow, Never heard that one before!!! I guess they should do like all the other companies that get plundered by financial raiders and demand cut backs on all the "gold plated" (read: standard or sub-standard) benefits of their "overpaid" (read: underpaid)workers. I guess no more free hot chocolate for those part-time ski instructors. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I hope Ottawa tells them to take a flying fuck and these bastards all go bankrupt. Somebody else will buy up Whistler and Tremblant for a bargain the very next day. If they're smart they wont let themselves get taken over by these wall street bloodsuckers that destroy everything and make everyone else pay them to do it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Isnt Intrawest the company that fucked up with that cruise ship too? Hmmm, me thinks the Olympics are not so good for business afterall. Who knew :roll: