Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2009-12-24 20:29:44
Canadian

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:22 am

Don't get too many body checks on a golf course.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:41 am

Funny how the article didn't mention how Don initiated his "stop hits from behind" campaign at the junior level. My guess is, the "good doctor" hasn't really watched or heard Don speak very much. Cherry seems to be more concerned with the health and safety of players than the NHL itself. The no touch icing should be implemented as Don has mentioned more than once, especially since the 2nd defencman isn't allowed to hold up any forwards coming after the puck anymore.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:14 am

Don started that after being criticized once before for his pro violence slant , Don knows what sells .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:29 am

I wonder if anybody's ever taken stats showing the difference between the days of the kind rugged, alpha male, pride and ethics in team and person Don supports, and today. More injuries? Less? What kind?

If these doctors were doing that, we might say they would be speaking from this thing some us call science, but I only say "might", because our past experience with the science arm of these nanny state Nazis - those in charge of the collection of the data - are known to massage it to produce the results they seek.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:48 am

Don Cherry is a great Canadian.. hockey is a rough sport. I don't think Don advocates violence and he made the rock em sock em videos along time ago..

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:02 pm

I don't know much of what Don Cherry says, I try to turn the channel as fast as I can when he hits the screen.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:21 pm

$1:
Cusimano's contribution to the journal, meanwhile, cited Cherry from an April 2003 CBC broadcast questioning then-leafs forward Alexander Mogilny for going to the team dressing room following a suspected concussion.

If the guy has to go back to 2003 for examples, why is this all of a sudden an issue?

Also, Cherry was right about Mogilny. I remember him from when he played in Vancouver. He was a no-heart, gumptionless floater, who only seemed to kick it into gear about the time his contract was coming up.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:37 pm

If some doctors had there way, we would all have to wear helmets before signing on to CKA and hockey sticks would be made out of recycled car seat cushions.