canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:06 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Now we can add cyclists as the latest protest group who can block roads in Ontario without any police action.
Tamils.....Natives....couriers. It's just the law abiding public that are the focus of Toronto police.

You haven't looked into the Vancouver critical mass threads yet. It's a good thing it didn't happen in Vancouver or this would be a city sacntioned lynching.

ASL: Don't even do there about the laws between bicycles and motorcycles. The bicycles are their own biggest enemies whenever the law comes in.

Last edited by ridenrain on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:07 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Now we can add dragging an angry bicyclist to their death to a large list of things a motorist is allowed to do to a bicyclist

Nobody forced the guy to lose it and hang onto the car. He opted for it and paid with his life. Too bad he's dead otherwise it would have been a great lesson for future anger management courses.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:15 pm

ASLplease ASLplease:
Now we can add dragging an angry bicyclist to their death to a large list of things a motorist is allowed to do to a bicyclist

Ask any cop or motorist if it is safe to pass a motorcycle while sharing the same lane( dear idiots, it isn't safe and it isn't legal)...

...yet the law says its legal to do it to a bicycle. And, most motorists don't even have the sense to give the bicycle a few feet of safety buffer.

It's not what is playing out though is it? It's looking like this guy leapt at the car driver and attacked him in his car.

This will be tried in a court, not by cyclists on Bloor.

Why can several hundred people break the law and block a road with impunity?

A death does not excuse anarchy, any more than what was happening in Sri Lanka excused people running on to the Gardner with their kids into traffic.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:44 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Nobody forced the guy to lose it and hang onto the car. He opted for it and paid with his life. Too bad he's dead otherwise it would have been a great lesson for future anger management courses.

Good point. After the fact had Bryant said that the man was threatening to kill him no one would be upset with him right now as his actions would appear to be perfectly justified.

You're spot on right that the cyclist did, indeed, contribute to his circumstance.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:00 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I agree with both you and Benn. I can't see a jury convicting this guy already and this is only day 2 or 3 of the investigation. There certainly has been a lot of negative, albeit true, background stuff released by Police and in the media very quickly about the victim. It's bit different.

His career is over though.

I think Bryant is the victim in all this. The cyclist contributed heavily to his own demise. I'm upset he's dead, what he really deserved was to get a solid thumping.

However, I disagree Bryant's career is as dead as the cyclist. Ted Kennedy anybody?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:03 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
ASLplease ASLplease:

Ask any cop or motorist if it is safe to pass a motorcycle while sharing the same lane( dear idiots, it isn't safe and it isn't legal)...

...yet the law says its legal to do it to a bicycle. And, most motorists don't even have the sense to give the bicycle a few feet of safety buffer.

It's not what is playing out though is it? It's looking like this guy leapt at the car driver and attacked him in his car.

This will be tried in a court, not by cyclists on Bloor.

Why can several hundred people break the law and block a road with impunity?

A death does not excuse anarchy, any more than what was happening in Sri Lanka excused people running on to the Gardner with their kids into traffic.

It's amazing how many people have changed their tune when they learned that he got off his bike before getting dragged.

it strikes me as strange that people are OK with using a car to kill a guy, but only if he has a bike between his legs.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:31 pm

ASLplease ASLplease:
it strikes me as strange that people are OK with using a car to kill a guy, but only if he has a bike between his legs.

Sounds like he was using a car to drive away... not kill a guy.

Sounds like guy was a little bit physco. You'd have to be to get angry enough to hang on to a moving care like that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:55 pm

Dayseed Dayseed:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I agree with both you and Benn. I can't see a jury convicting this guy already and this is only day 2 or 3 of the investigation. There certainly has been a lot of negative, albeit true, background stuff released by Police and in the media very quickly about the victim. It's bit different.

I think Bryant is the victim in all this. The cyclist contributed heavily to his own demise. I'm upset he's dead, what he really deserved was to get a solid thumping.

However, I disagree Bryant's career is as dead as the cyclist. Ted Kennedy anybody?

Hi, I disagree Bryant is the victim. The victim is dead, Bryant will probably skate, given his high profile and connections. If it was anyone else who killed that cyclist, a prison cell would be in their future.

Bryant had a cell phone, so did his wife. Bryant was in the wrong, broke and law and should pay.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:55 pm

Anyone phycho enough to be a bicycler that hangs onto a car ought to be killed by the motorist? is that your final answer?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:
Dayseed Dayseed:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Hi, I disagree Bryant is the victim. The victim is dead, Bryant will probably skate, given his high profile and connections. If it was anyone else who killed that cyclist, a prison cell would be in their future.

Bryant had a cell phone, so did his wife. Bryant was in the wrong, broke and law and should pay.

A cell phone doesn't protect you when a guy is face to face, hanging onto YOU and the car? Ever tried dialing a cell while someone is hanging in your car?

You don't know who the victim is. If the guy was indeed trying to attack Bryant and got dragged to his death, too bad for him.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:12 pm

ASLplease ASLplease:
Anyone phycho enough to be a bicycler that hangs onto a car ought to be killed by the motorist? is that your final answer?

Oh please, do and try and look at this rationally and leave the ersatz emotion for the media.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:15 pm

If you want to clarify, please, by all means do so. That is what a forum like this should be about rather than using it to name call or flame.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:16 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

A cell phone doesn't protect you when a guy is face to face, hanging onto YOU and the car? Ever tried dialing a cell while someone is hanging in your car?

You don't know who the victim is. If the guy was indeed trying to attack Bryant and got dragged to his death, too bad for him.

Bryant's wife was sitting right beside him, she had a cell phone and used it to call 911 (per police). Bryant was obviously in a rage and nobody knows what or who started the altercation. Obviously Bryant's lawyers are going to claim the cyclist started it and Bryant was just acting like an innocent choir boy racing his car on the wrong side of the street, jumping curbs, and finally running over the dead victim.

For all you know it was Bryant a who tried to run the cyclist off the road in the first place, angering the cyclist, and the rest is history.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:20 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
ASLplease ASLplease:

Oh please, do and try and look at this rationally and leave the ersatz emotion for the media.

No flaming, I just think you are missing the whole point of this debate and going all emotive on cyclists vs car drivers when there is obviously much more to this incident.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:20 pm

why is he called a cyclist when he got off his bike before being dragged to his death?

If he got out of a car before being dragged to his death, would he be considered a motorist?

I think the media is already trying to build sympathy for Bryant by painting the other guy some sort of fanatical toronto cyclist that hates motorists.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 284 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9 ... 19  Next