canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:46 pm

ASLplease ASLplease:
If I have a long stick, the victim may have to step towards me to defend himself.

my point is, when a car is used aggressively towards someone, running around the front of a car is a neccessary step to reach the driver.
Glad you brought up defense. When you are sitting in a car and somebody attacks you trough the window (or over the side in the case of a convertable) you have no way to defend yourself. You are essentially strapped to a chair while your opponent is free to attack you from the side. You can't punch back (except a goofy left handed hammer punch), you can't escape. All you can do is drive away. And that's what he did. What would you do?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:46 pm

Robair Robair:
NancyDrew NancyDrew:
Can you provide a link to proof that the cyclist was drunk?
Most of the news storys in this thread point that out.

NancyDrew NancyDrew:
Also, can you provide links to the videos you mention?

Thanks.

http://citynews.video.citytv.com/video/ ... st-Killed/

Thank you, but I'm looking for actual proof, not a news story written by someone who doesn't have proof. :lol:

The media has already slanted this tragedy in favour of Bryant. Note the caption "Bryant's Fleeing car.........", inferring Bryant was in fear of his life. :lol:

Why not a caption such as "Man dead after being run over by Bryant's car in road rage incident"?

So you see, I do not rely on media as proof of anything. :wink:

Last edited by NancyDrew on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:49 pm

Robair Robair:
ASLplease ASLplease:
If I have a long stick, the victim may have to step towards me to defend himself.

my point is, when a car is used aggressively towards someone, running around the front of a car is a neccessary step to reach the driver.
Glad you brought up defense. When you are sitting in a car and somebody attacks you trough the window (or over the side in the case of a convertable) you have no way to defend yourself. You are essentially strapped to a chair while your opponent is free to attack you from the side. You can't punch back (except a goofy left handed hammer punch), you can't escape. All you can do is drive away. And that's what he did. What would you do?

I wouldn't drive over the young father when he was on the ground, would you?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Did you watch the video??? There's footage of Bryant trying to drive around "Al" and leave...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:51 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:

The young father fell off the car and under the rear wheels.

I didn't ask what you wouldn't do. I asked what you would do. You are seat belted into your car and a very agitad individual attacks you. What do you do?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:52 pm

Robair Robair:
Did you watch the video??? There's footage of Bryant trying to drive around "Al" and leave...

No, I haven't watched the video yet, sorry.

I'd still like to know what law it is that gives anyone the right to drive one's car over a victim already on the ground though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Robair Robair:
NancyDrew NancyDrew:

I didn't ask what you wouldn't do. I asked what you would do. You are seat belted into your car and a very agitad individual attacks you. What do you do?

I would put the windows up and put the roof of the car up immediately, while instructing the passenger to call 911. Why? What would you do? Pull out an AK-47 and shoot a few rounds into the guy?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Robair Robair:
NancyDrew NancyDrew:

That's not what I read. I read Bryant backed his car up over the guy when he was on the ground.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:57 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:
I would put the windows up and put the roof of the car up immediately, while instructing the passenger to call 911. Why? What would you do? Pull out an AK-47 and shoot a few rounds into the guy?

By the time your window is up the attacker has already been beside your car long enough to punch you in the face five or six times.

You would drive away. Anybody would. Not just anybody would be stupid enough to hang onto the car while it was driving away. Unless they were drunk.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:57 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:
Robair Robair:
NancyDrew NancyDrew:

That's not what I read. I read Bryant backed his car up over the guy when he was on the ground.
Huh? Post a link. Prove it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Robair Robair:
NancyDrew NancyDrew:

By the time your window is up the attacker has already been beside your car long enough to punch you in the face five or six times.

You would drive away. Anybody would. Not just anybody would be stupid enough to hang onto the car while it was driving away. Unless they were drunk.

I would not drive away while someone was hanging onto my car, my name isn't Michael Bryant and I am fully aware of the damage a car can do to a human body.

Your defense of Bryant is amusing. Post a link to any marks on Bryant's face that indicate he was the victim of physical violence. Thanks.

I get a sense that Bryant was livid because of something that occurred earlier, which nobody knows about right now, and being the big important fella he thinks he is, decided to take vigilante justice into his own hands. He's entitled, don't ya know? :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:02 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:
Robair Robair:

I'd still like to know what law it is that gives anyone the right to drive one's car over a victim already on the ground though.

He didn't intentionally drive over him.

The guy held onto the car AND Bryant himself.

He fell off the car while it was in motion, crushing him in the process.

Bryant and anyone of us have the right to protect ourselves. It that means trying to escape some guy grabbing onto me while I'm in my car and he accidentally gets run over, than so be it.

My first priority is to protect myself and my passenger.

This man made a choice to go out on his bike drunk, cut off Michael Bryant, throw his bike at his car and then grab onto him and his car after he tried to back away from the situation.

He sealed his own fate.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Robair Robair:

I swear I read that yesterday, but can't find the story right now.

The CBC reported that witnesses saw the victim hanging onto the car as it jumped a curb and side swiped a mailbox and a tree, trying to dislodge the victim apparently.

Do we know that Bryant hadn't put the window up on the victim's hands?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:10 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:
Robair Robair:

I swear I read that yesterday, but can't find the story right now.

The CBC reported that witnesses saw the victim hanging onto the car as it jumped a curb and side swiped a mailbox and a tree, trying to dislodge the victim apparently.

Do we know that Bryant hadn't put the window up on the victim's hands?

If by "we" you mean anybody that has bothered to watch the video, then yes, "we" know that the window was not rolled up on Al's hands.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:11 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
NancyDrew NancyDrew:
Robair Robair:

He didn't intentionally drive over him.

The guy held onto the car AND Bryant himself.

He fell off the car while it was in motion, crushing him in the process.

Bryant and anyone of us have the right to protect ourselves. It that means trying to escape some guy grabbing onto me while I'm in my car and he accidentally gets run over, than so be it.

My first priority is to protect myself and my passenger.

This man made a choice to go out on his bike drunk, cut off Michael Bryant, throw his bike at his car and then grab onto him and his car after he tried to back away from the situation.

He sealed his own fate.

Where's the victim's tox report? Thanks.

Bryant was driving a pitbull, the victim was initially riding a maltese. No comparison.
The one who banned pitbulls turned into a pitbull himself.
Nobody has the right to use their vehicle to kill another human being, and nobody can possibly believe that Bryant didn't intend to harm his victim when he jumped a curb and side swiped a mailbox and a tree. Please. The victim is dead, Bryant is no saint.

Last edited by NancyDrew on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 284 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ... 19  Next