canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:38 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
like I said, showing up with guns and banners that implicity advocate the assasination of politicians and staged hostile confrontations (deliberately disrupting and shouting down the meetings is hostile in itself, regardless of what happens outside) all in opposition to a very modest proposal for a public insurance option is INSANE. Most of these people think Obama is a secret muslim who is allied with terrorists and has some secret plan to rule America. The guy has been in office less than a year and so far has not done a single thing that Bush didn't do. That is the loony right. I bet you think there's no such thing as a right-wing extremist or being too far to the right, but buddy you're witnessing it.

If it was as bad as you said, the police or secret service would do something about it.. wouldn't they?
This was a brilliant stunt for legitimate gun owners and the press is having kittens over it, just as planned.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:46 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
like I said, showing up with guns and banners that implicity advocate the assasination of politicians and staged hostile confrontations (deliberately disrupting and shouting down the meetings is hostile in itself, regardless of what happens outside) all in opposition to a very modest proposal for a public insurance option is INSANE. Most of these people think Obama is a secret muslim who is allied with terrorists and has some secret plan to rule America. The guy has been in office less than a year and so far has not done a single thing that Bush didn't do. That is the loony right. I bet you think there's no such thing as a right-wing extremist or being too far to the right, but buddy you're witnessing it.

If it was as bad as you said, the police or secret service would do something about it.. wouldn't they?
This was a brilliant stunt for legitimate gun owners and the press is having kittens over it, just as planned.

Exactly, a stunt. And it seems to work perfectly.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:50 pm

What can good people do against such reckless hate?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:53 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:

And Jesus Christ Bart, fucking grenades???? Where the hell was Bill Clinton that day, in the Middle East?
[huh]

As a guess here, and I am coming into this thread with about 8 pages of posts unread, I suspect Bart was acting as a Marine officer when this happened.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Carolina Hurricans
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:54 pm

Quit watching the news and most of the hate will go away. The news feeds off of hate. When there isn't enough of it for them to peddle, they stir up some on their own.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:54 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Protesting is "reckless hate" ?

I wonder what burning a cross with a white suit is for you...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

I think it's safe to assume that each person who's brought a gun to these events has had their picture taken a few hundred times and has been up their ass so far they know what these idiots ate last month.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Proculation Proculation:
Thanos Thanos:

I'll leave those sorts of activities to the kind of people that you like to call your allies.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Proculation Proculation:
Thanos Thanos:

I'll leave those sorts of activities to the kind of people that you like to call your allies.

Yeah sure... i'm a big redneck racist. And the African American with the assault rifle looking like a college student is a member of the KKK ... :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:09 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Sadly not too much. It's probably going to take some real violence to happen (probably by a devotee of second quote in your sig line) to make everyone take a step back.

But let's face it, the right-wing rabble is being incited by demogogues preaching outrageous lies to people they know are so intellectually stunted that they can be conviced that Obama does actually want to set up panels to practice a program of eugenics. It's not unlike the 9/11 "truthers"; no matter how many times they are bitch-slapped with reality they ignore the pain of their willful ignorance and instead think it's Jesus hugging them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:17 pm

So that's why they need to fill half the town hall meeting seats with union stooges and planted campaign insiders? To even out that debate?
Who was demonizing the other side again?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:18 pm

ManifestDestiny ManifestDestiny:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Im in toronto and nobody here feels unsafe without a gun. Besides most of the shootings here (still a fraction of what a US city of similar size has) are between people who know eachother, ie drug deals gone bad, gang grudges etc. If you're not a part of that world, you have nothing to fear.

you should hear how dumb you sound!

Why does he sound dumb. I live in one of the two or three cities of Canada that fight each year to see who can have the highest murder rate in the country. I think we won the silver last time. I do not feel unsafe here. I have no need to carry a gun. I don't even carry my swiss army knife anymore, like I did when I was in the bush. Like the man said, nobody feels unsafe without a gun. And the majority of murders are between people who know each other or drug deals gone bad or drunks killing each other.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:20 pm

Scape Scape:
Pseudonym Pseudonym:
Who is advocating that everyone show up armed?

Anti-Health Care Reform Protester Encourages Physical Violence, Use Of Firearms

$1:
Based on the news that health care events are edging into violence, an anti-health care reform protester in New Mexico named Scott Oskay is calling on his hundreds of online followers to bring firearms to town halls, and to 'badly hurt' SEIU and ACORN counter protesters.

GOP Rep. ENCOURAGES guns at town hall meetings

I shall support you in condemning Scott Oskay's position in this matter. American citizens are free to bear arms, but using them to intimidate other protestors, even if he regards those protestors to be using tactics of intimidation themselves, is not proper moral behavior. How's that? Feel free to bring other individuals who threaten violence to my attention. :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:27 pm

travior travior:
Ain't Freedom of Speach, Freedom to Bear Arms and Freedom to Protest great? :)

I concur. I understand that our view of freedom gives a lot of people around the world a bit of a headache though.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:32 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Reckless hate exists, but what you see here is not it. You are seeing what you think they think instead of what they actually think. Breathe deep, take a couple aspirin, and you should feel better in the morning. If it really is causing you that much distress, you might want to focus your attention elsewhere.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 12  13  14  15  16  17  18 ... 28  Next