CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:52 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:56 pm

$1:
According to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office, he admitted what he had done and said he was willing "to die for this cause."

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Oh man, fear Canada! We're an imperialistic monster, America! We're going to annex your country and Canadianize everything! Fear us! ROTFL

$1:
"Canada is our friend and our ally. He is not going to win this fight."
Glad the club is sane.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:05 pm

What a poor, silly man.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Such an over reaction, there are american flags ALL OVER our counrty, perhaps someone shoulld email him pis and locations so he can chill out and accept the fact that we are allies.
He is probably a vet from some campaign where Canadians saved American asses and hasn't gotten over having to be rescued.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Let me guess...He was a Jarhead, am I right?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Canadians bitch about flying the Canadian flag on Canadian soil..BFD. :lol:

It's too patriotic and American to wave a flag :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:49 pm

gonavy47 gonavy47:
Let me guess...He was a Jarhead, am I right?

Wow.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:57 pm

I must appolize, unfortunatly we have our share of deranged idiots. I'm glad that the club is not backing down the maple leaf stays.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:09 pm

romanP romanP:
So much trouble over a peice of cloth...

Excuse me all to Hell, but the Canadian flag is not just a piece of cloth.

$1:
The maple leaf began to serve as a Canadian symbol as early as 1700.In 1834, the St. Jean Baptiste Society made the maple leaf its emblem.

In 1836, Le Canadien, a newspaper published in Lower Canada, referred to it as a suitable emblem for Canada.

In 1848, the Toronto literary annual The Maple Leaf referred to it as the chosen emblem of Canada.

By 1860, the maple leaf was incorporated into the badge of the 100th Regiment (Royal Canadians) and was used extensively in decorations for the visit of the Prince of Wales that year.

Alexander Muir wrote The Maple Leaf Forever as Canada's confederation song in 1867; it was regarded as the national song for several decades. The coats of arms created the next year for Ontario and Quebec both included the maple leaf.

The maple leaf today appears on the penny. However, between 1876 and 1901, it appeared on all Canadian coins. The modern one-cent piece has two maple leaves on a common twig, a design that has gone almost unchanged since 1937.

During the First World War, the maple leaf was included in the badge of the Canadian Expeditionary Force. Since 1921, the Royal Arms of Canada have included three maple leaves as a distinctive Canadian emblem. With the proclamation of Canada's new flag in 1965, the maple leaf has become the most-prominent Canadian symbol.

In 1939, at the time of World War II, many Canadian troops used the maple leaf as a distinctive sign, displaying it on regimental badges and Canadian army and naval equipment.

In 1957, the colour of the maple leaves on the arms of Canada was changed from green to red, one of Canada's official colours.

On February 15, 1965, the red maple leaf flag was inaugurated as the National Flag of Canada.

The Somalian flag you show in your profile suits you to a "T" as you are obviously not a Canadian!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:14 pm

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
I must appolize, unfortunatly we have our share of deranged idiots. I'm glad that the club is not backing down the maple leaf stays.

In a country that size it's inevitable that a few loons will make a scene. I'm also glad the club is standing their ground.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:35 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
GreenTiger GreenTiger:

In a country that size it's inevitable that a few loons will make a scene. I'm also glad the club is standing their ground.

we have more than our share of Loons.

Calgary student association hung up on 'exclusionary' Canadian flag

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/ ... uncil.html

$1:
Ex-serviceman risks eviction by flying Canadian flag on balcony
Eastern Ontario housing authority wants flag removed
Last Updated: Monday, July 14, 2008 | 4:12 PM ET Comments57Recommend84CBC News
Mark Murray flies this flag in support of troops and their families. (CBC)An ex-serviceman refuses to take down the Canadian flag on his balcony in a subsidized housing unit in Cardinal, Ont., even though the local housing authority is threatening to evict him.

Mark Murray, 53, served with the Royal Canadian Regiment and the Canadian Airborne Regiment in the 1970s and 1980s.

He lives in the Seaway Apartments, which are operated by the community housing authority in United Counties of Leeds and Grenville.

He said Friday he was given the flag by his local branch of the Royal Canadian Legion last year, and he has flown it ever since.

Now he has received more encouragement not to take down the flag.

"I got a phone call here from Sean Wilson. He's the brother of Mark Wilson who was killed in action in Kandahar on Oct. 7, 2006, and he sent me a message here asking me not to take down my flag — to leave it up.

"I don't have the heart to take it down … I can't do it now," he said.

Last Thursday, an official from the community housing department told him the flag had to come down or he would be sent an "N-5" letter, the first step in the process leading to eviction.

He was told the flag violates a rule requiring all subsidized properties to have a uniform appearance.

"I was going to negotiate with them, and ask for a flagpole in the back. But this has taken on a new meaning now, to the families, and to the troops," Murray said.

The director of community and social services, Dorothy Theobald, told CBC News Monday that her department is trying to work with Murray, but, she said, the flag can't stay. [/qutoe]

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:36 pm

Hyack Hyack:
romanP romanP:
So much trouble over a peice of cloth...

Excuse me all to Hell, but the Canadian flag is not just a piece of cloth.

All flags are a peice of cloth.

$1:
The Somalian flag you show in your profile suits you to a "T" as you are obviously not a Canadian!

Oh, I have to have a flag to be a Canadian now, do I? I guess supporting genuine Canadian culture just isn't enough. When was the last time you went to see a Canadian musician play a live performance for under $100?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:39 pm

However,lets not confuse the Owls with the Loons. :P

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Chicogo Blackhawks
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:47 pm

I don't see what the big deal is about flying the flag. Its not like the Club ONLY had the Canadian flag or it was bigger. I mean, I see people around here all the time flying foreign flags along with an American flag. In fact I see lots of businesses fly both flags and both flags are the same size. And down the road there is a company that makes log homes and they only have the Canadian flag.

I like the quote though "some people think America is the only country in the world".