bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 pm

Woodhead Woodhead:
Brenda Brenda:
He got more respect than most people who die.

he doesn't deserve it?

Is that what you are saying?

More than "just a guy", who died while fixing the brakes of your car, in a workplace accident? Why? He made sure you didn't kill anyone, because your car is now safe.

Or the guy who puts his life on the line for you in his ambulance? Why?

Or... or...
I think you get my point.

*edited for... grammar errors ;-)*

Last edited by Brenda on Sat May 02, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:00 pm

PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:
Brenda Brenda:

He was Killed actually. So we had better disrespect him quickly then to appease you.

You don't get my point. Huh, no surprises there.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:02 pm

lily lily:
I'm anti-military because I don't hold soldiers to be better or more worthy than the rest of us? All righty then.

I'm still my parents' baby, and my kids will be my babies long after they have their own. That wasn't the point. I was talking about people whose actual babies die. You know... at or immediately before birth, 1 year, 15 months....

Should they erect memorials on their front lawns?

My "disdain" as you call it for roadside memorials has more to do with remembering someone's life rather than commemorating their death.

Also, something erected in your front yard isn't exactly private.

Boy! That saves me a lot of typing. Well said.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Brenda Brenda:
You are the only one saying that this being a soldiers memorial is not important. The fact that it is, is the important point here.

I don't care if he is a soldier or not. He died, that is bad enough. The memorial his mom set up in her yard, is vandalized. Shamelessly.

Still, I don't like memorials visible for everybody. I don't like them on the roads, I don't like them on schoolplaygrounds, we have special places for that, it is called a cemetary.

I don't like the roadside or schoolyard ones either. But being as this guy died in the service of his country, in a war that so many bleeding hearts publicly oppose, we could cut his mom a bit of slack in this case

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:05 pm

FYI, I am hardly a bleeding heart...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:06 pm

Brenda Brenda:
PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:
Brenda Brenda:

He was Killed actually. So we had better disrespect him quickly then to appease you.

You don't get my point. Huh, no surprises there.

Very uncalled for, good comeback though, no surprise, nice.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:06 pm

All that matters:

It's her yard and her choice, whether it's a yellow ribbon or a freaking Florentine fountain. How she chooses to express her grief and remember her son is her business. No else's opinion matters. The fact that some degenerate troglodytes chose to vandalize someone's memorial, whether they were a soldier or a stillborn child, is despicable.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Woodhead Woodhead:
I don't like the roadside or schoolyard ones either. But being as this guy died in the service of his country, in a war that so many bleeding hearts publicly oppose, we could cut his mom a bit of slack in this case

I'm no bleeding heart either and I've begun to question why any of our soldiers are dying for Afghanistan. I don't think they want our particular form of society anyway.

I also question the "memorial" in the front yard. It's in everyone’s face. Is that the point? "I gave up my son for all of you and you should all know it". I can certainly sympathize, but I would find it as offensive as a roadside memorial after a period of time too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Thank you.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Yes, a Canadian flag is SO offensive. Might as well piss on the graves of our forefathers who built this country

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:16 pm

PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:
Yes, a Canadian flag is SO offensive. Might as well piss on the graves of our forefathers who built this country

It wasn't just a Canadian flag. If it was, how come it was a memorial? Lots of people have a flag.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Is there a law in this country against burning the flag or is that just in the U.S? In any case, whoever it was should be sent IED hunting in Afghanistan as punishment.

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:19 pm

lily lily:
Yes, everyonew grieves differently... but after 2 years, surely it's time to be a little more "private" about it.

Or maybe we should all erect such memorials on our front lawns?

That is not something I would do, but I also haven't had a loved one die in combat, combat that is still happening any way. A how do you have the nerve to tell some one how they should conduct a memorial on their own front lawn? Unless it goes agains some sort of city by-law, it is none of your business.

It is very telling to me that you avoided the original point of this thread, that a memorial was desecrated. Is that OK with you? Regardless of if you think she should have a memorial or not.

Last edited by rawmeat on Sat May 02, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:20 pm

PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:

I like that. A nicely prepared rational response to valid point by someone else. :roll:

Take a pill. How do you get to "pissing on our forefathers graves"?

Last edited by poquas on Sat May 02, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:20 pm

To think that our soldiers put their lives on the line and die for scum like this sickens me.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 12  Next