Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Yogi Yogi:
Brenda Brenda:
It is also our right to not wanting to be confronted with it everyday. Maybe just because of the same reason...

So what do you do whenever you pass by a church, or other 'marked' building used for worshipping God?

What does God have to do with this?

'God' doesn't have anything to do with this . I only used 'God' and 'church' in reference to the fact that you are, by your own admission an Athiest. You pass by several churches and buildings used for worship on a daily basis.

If such edifices offend you, what do you do as you pass by? If they don't, then why would you find a memorial offensive? Just curiosity on my part.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:28 pm

PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:
Brenda Brenda:
It would if it reminded me of my dead child. Ever thought of that?
A memorial should be private in my opinion.

There you go,
'in your opinion". I pray you have not experienced what she did, but the fact is, SHE DID. This is how she wants to remember HER son on HER property, God forbid someone fly a Canadian flag on their front lawn.

Exactly. In my opinion.
Am I entitled to have it, or am I not, just because this was a soldiers memorial?

(let me make clear though, that this act is shameful, despite my personal opinion about roadside memorials or yard ones, in this case. You just don't vandalize other peoples properties, other peoples sacrecies (is that even English? I hope you just get the point...).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:32 pm

Yogi Yogi:
'God' doesn't have anything to do with this . I only used 'God' and 'church' in reference to the fact that you are, by your own admission an Athiest. You pass by several churches and buildings used for worship on a daily basis.

If such edifices offend you, what do you do as you pass by? If they don't, then why would you find a memorial offensive? Just curiosity on my part.

:?
Me being an Atheist or an immigrant, or a white woman has nothing to do with any of this.
I have no problem with churches, locals or black men.

I do have a problem with people hanging a memorial on a tree at the playground of my kids school, because their child, who attended the same school, drowned in the river. I was not the only one, and the principal has asked the parents to remove it.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:36 pm

PRIVATE Property. You bought it, you pay the taxes.

Go ahead and commemerate a infants death, somehow, I am not sure a Canadian flag is how you'd do it though. And while every parents worst nightmare, having to bury their kids keeps me awake at night, such a case is not the public spectacle that the entire country hears about when we lose somebody overseas wearing the flag, who for the most part are barely out of high school themselves. Don't like it, write your MP, complain to the media. Flying a Canadian flag in your yard really seems appropriate, though again, it is her right to commemerate her baby, her way, just as I am sure you or I would.
I am not sure how you twist this into holding soldiers to a higher standard? When jerkoffs trash grave yards, it gets the same reaction of outrage. I sure hope you did not applaud the guy that pissed on the Cenotaph in Ottawa a couple years back, though I would not be surprised.

I am pretty sure that had this been completely a civilian situation, you would be among the outraged, I am sure you will deny this, however, that is my belief.

May they catch the clowns that did this and put the little fuckers in a uniform, ship them overseas.

As far as debating this, I can't believe it is actually being debated.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! Go Canucks

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Brenda Brenda:
PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:
Brenda Brenda:
It would if it reminded me of my dead child. Ever thought of that?
A memorial should be private in my opinion.

There you go,
'in your opinion". I pray you have not experienced what she did, but the fact is, SHE DID. This is how she wants to remember HER son on HER property, God forbid someone fly a Canadian flag on their front lawn.

just because this was a soldiers memorial?

(let me make clear though, that this act is shameful, despite my personal opinion about roadside memorials or yard ones, in this case. You just don't vandalize other peoples properties, other peoples sacrecies (is that even English? I hope you just get the point...).

OK one more

ENOUGH with the fucking soldier stuff,you have a real hang up. Christ, you two need to take this show on the road

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Could you girls at least wait till the war is over to complain about a memorial.

You can forget about all the people that died fighting for freedom after that.

You can even get a petition going to rid ottawa of all those unsightly war memorials that have there too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:41 pm

Lily your sentiments are correct for displays on public property but as this was on her own then it becomes a different story. The mother is perfectly justified in dealing with her grief however she can.

These cowards deserve ... well I'm not sure what a sufficient punishment would be.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:42 pm

PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:
Brenda Brenda:
PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:
There you go,

just because this was a soldiers memorial?

OK one more

ENOUGH with the fucking soldier stuff,you have a real hang up. Christ, you two need to take this show on the road

Next time, sweetckeecks, quote my whole post.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Woodhead Woodhead:
Could you girls at least wait till the war is over to complain about a memorial.

You can even get a petition going to rid ottawa of all those unsightly war memorials that have there too.

See, Penatrator... it IS because it was a soldier. Now YOU cut your bs, okay?

THat is the only reason why it gets such a rage going. If it was my dead baby, no one would have cared.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Woodhead Woodhead:

THat is the only reason why it gets such a rage going. If it was my dead baby, no one would have cared.

Yeah, its because it was a soldier, who died in the service of his country. Willingly putting his life on the line to protect what this country believes in.

I think he deserves a little more respect than he is being shown.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:50 pm

He got more respect than most people who die.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Woodhead Woodhead:

Ummmm, his post you quote not mine. So as far as cutting my "BS" well it is best to hold my tongue here, because my first though was to type something not very nice, sorta like telling some one to "cut their BS". Actually, god forbid if it was your dead baby and I heard about it, I would care a great deal. (I can't fucking believe this is what this turned into)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:53 pm

Brenda Brenda:

He was Killed actually. So we had better disrespect him quickly then to appease you.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Brenda Brenda:

he doesn't deserve it?

Is that what you are saying?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:56 pm

You are the only one saying that this being a soldiers memorial is not important. The fact that it is, is the important point here.

I don't care if he is a soldier or not. He died, that is bad enough. The memorial his mom set up in her yard, is vandalized. Shamelessly.

Still, I don't like memorials visible for everybody. I don't like them on the roads, I don't like them on schoolplaygrounds, we have special places for that, it is called a cemetary.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 12  Next