Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:39 pm

It's more of an outrage against disrepsectful punks than anything specific to the type of memorial. We're angered by this because we want our youth to respect our communities.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Some have made it their agenda to make this a 'military' issue. The real issue here is that the memorial a mother erected to honour her son's death was desecrated. If you don't agree with her method of grieving, well tough. Remember this when someone disagrees with your stance on an issue near and dear to you.

And, it's not just military memorials being vandalized that make headlines, when Churches(Synagogues, Temples and Mosques included, graveyards or schools are desecrated they all make the front page.

This is all more a reflection of society's lack of respect, which seems to have gotten worse as time goes by.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:15 pm

This is worthy of front page news just as if someone had burned a cross in someones front yard would be worthy of front page news. I truly do not understand why anyone would ever wish to do such things nor anyone objecting to a memorial in their own yard for a family member who died in service of their country.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:44 am

Nor do I.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:10 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
Lily and Brenda are not to be lumped in with the gutterslime that did this. They are not condoning the acts and its in extreme poor taste to say they did.

Of course they're not.

But if they were part of Condo committe as chairmen on a 3 member panel. They would ban memorials on front lawns although I'm sure for them it would be ok to breast feed by the condo pool. Because breastfeeding is a natural and beautiful thing while any memorial for the dead is something they don't want to see.

I find Pink Flamingos and those tacky leprachaun statues really ugly on lawns, but its none of my business what people want to put on them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:16 am

WTF does breastfeeding have to do with this?
WHY can't I be of the opinion that I don't like roadside memorials, visible for everyone?
WHY is there the immidiate assumption I would BAN stuff like that if I had the power to?

IT IS JUST A FUCKING OPINION!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:39 am

Brenda Brenda:
WTF does breastfeeding have to do with this?

That's something that some people think could be done in private yet women have full rights to do it in public. It hurts no one other than prudes. Sort of like memorials.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:48 am

So because I think I women should be able to breasfeed in public, that means automatically that I despise everyone who doesn't, AND that I would do it myself, everywhere, whenever and however it suits me...

Huh... Good to know...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:49 am

Brenda Brenda:
So because I think I women should be able to breasfeed in public, that means automatically that I despise everyone who doesn't, AND that I would do it myself, everywhere, whenever and however it suits me...

Huh... Good to know...

WTF? Read between the lines much?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:00 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
Brenda Brenda:

Huh... Good to know...

WTF? Read between the lines much?

Sigh...

I never said it offended me, I said I don't like them. Then I get accused of wanting to ban them if I had the power to.

The question was, on page one, if there is anybody else who thinks memorials should be a bit more private. I think they should be. I would never personally have a memorial in my yard, on the road or where-ever, visible for everyone.
I think it is a private matter. Like sex. Everybody does it, everybody likes it, but no one wants to see others do it. (or at least pretend to)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:03 am

Brenda Brenda:
Sigh...

I never said it offended me, I said I don't like them. Then I get accused of wanting to ban them if I had the power to.

The question was, on page one, if there is anybody else who thinks memorials should be a bit more private. I think they should be. I would never personally have a memorial in my yard, on the road or where-ever, visible for everyone.
I think it is a private matter. Like sex. Everybody does it, everybody likes it, but no one wants to see others do it. (or at least pretend to)

Yes I get that. Also like breast feeding there are people who know it happens but don't want to see it. I know you'd defend a woman's right to breast feed in public. Right? So I can't imagine anyone having a problem with a public display of sorrow.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:04 am

24/7, 365, 3 years and counting...

I can.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:14 am

Brenda Brenda:

I was being hypothetical incase you didn't know. I'm sure it's safe to assume your not on a Condo committe.

Brenda Brenda:
The question was, on page one, if there is anybody else who thinks memorials should be a bit more private. I think they should be.

There you said it again, dont want people to debate your point of view don't say it then. Don't get upset when they do.

The link between breast feeding and memorials is a just comparison. As in to what you think should displyed in public. It's a matter of opinion, you have an opinion and so do I.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:16 am

Bodah Bodah:
Brenda Brenda:

I was being hypothetical incase you didn't know. I'm sure it's safe to assume your not on a Condo committe.

Brenda Brenda:
The question was, on page one, if there is anybody else who thinks memorials should be a bit more private. I think they should be.

There you said it again, dont want people to debate your point of view don't say it then. Don't get upset when they do.

The link between breast feeding and memorials is a just comparison. As in to what you think should displyed in public. It's a matter of opinion, you have an opinion and so do I.

You can't debate opinions.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:17 am

Aaahhhh Brenda and Lilly, ladies I am going to get you both a gold monogrammed long spoon so the next time you stir the pot, you can do it in style :wink: [B-o]

While i do see where you ladies are coming from I believe a soldiers death does deserve more, when a soldier dies from combat action, they died for Canada and Canadians. No matter what the political or ethical reasoning behind why they were sent there is, the truth of the matter and what is on every soldiers mind is that they are fighting for the person on their right and left, and the people at home.

believe it or not....like it or not, we are able to yell and bitch at each other on forums and in the streets BECAUSE of people in uniform, and when they are killed they should be placed on a higher pedestal than an unfortunate person who was killed in an MVC.

As for the people who did this, if there is anything that I could hope, it is that they didn't know it was a memorial they were stealing from. By no means does that excuse what they did, they should be sorely disciplined for stealing and burning the flag....if they knew it was a memorial for a fallen soldier they should be forcibly educated so they can understand what the flag stands for.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next