canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:23 pm

That's a prime reason why people who depend on reliable vehicles mostly drive domestics (ie: taxis, police cars, etc)...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:25 pm

They turned it down because they want to pull out of Canada.. and the good ole USA is offering them a hell of a lot more..

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:52 pm

stemmer stemmer:
Tricks Tricks:
This doesn't have any bearing on current vehicles...

It proves domestics DO hold their value...

Buy a Taurus and see how well that holds its value...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:53 pm

mtbr mtbr:
http://www.richmond-toyota.com/buy-american.htm

Toyota Tundra is More American Than Dodge Ram

Wow. One moment it's Japanese autos are better then domestics, then you claim Toyota is more American then Dodge... So which is it???? Sorry you can't have it both ways...

As far as American autos being inferior... That reminds me of allegations that blacks couldn't play baseball as well as whites...along came Jackie Robinson... Soviet hockey was inferior to Canadian hockey...along came the '72 & '74 Canada vs USSR.... Now another myth is being exposed....

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:50 pm

stemmer stemmer:
Corvette vs Skyline or Acura NSX or Nissan Z cars (240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 300Z, 350Z,etc) ....whatever.... The Vette has a higher resale value...

And how many people buy Vettes vs. Camrys, Corollas, Civics and Accords. Face it, domestics don't even come close to Japanese in resale value. Want to check Consumer Reports or J.D. Powers or are we to listen to the car dude at Midas?

Oh...and according to Automobile a '97 NSX's resale value is significantly higher than a '97 Corvette.

Corvette $10,675 - $18,025 (Automobile, Black Book) vs. NSX $22,500 - $33,100 (Automobile, Black Book).

You're wrong again.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:50 pm

stemmer stemmer:
That's a prime reason why people who depend on reliable vehicles mostly drive domestics (ie: taxis, police cars, etc)...

Or they're cheaper.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Mustang1 Mustang1:
stemmer stemmer:
Corvette vs Skyline or Acura NSX or Nissan Z cars (240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 300Z, 350Z,etc) ....whatever.... The Vette has a higher resale value...

And how many people buy Vettes vs. Camrys, Corollas, Civics and Accords. Face it, domestics don't even come close to Japanese in resale value. Want to check Consumer Reports or J.D. Powers or are we to listen to the car dude at Midas?

Oh...and according to Automobile a '97 NSX's resale value is significantly higher than a '97 Corvette.

Corvette $10,675 - $18,025 (Automobile, Black Book) vs. NSX $22,500 - $33,100 (Automobile, Black Book).

You're wrong again.

A new 97 NSX was $84k + and a new 97 Vette was $49k.

To put the facts into a reasonable context, the depreciation is roughly the same.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:zgY ... =firefox-a
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:HDj ... =firefox-a

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:05 pm

scarecrowe scarecrowe:
Mustang1 Mustang1:
stemmer stemmer:

You're wrong again.

A new 97 NSX was $84k + and a new 97 Vette was $49k.

To put the facts into a reasonable context, the depreciation is roughly the same.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:zgY ... =firefox-a
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:HDj ... =firefox-a

I'm only using his own points. Next time maybe he should pick a better comparison, like a Cobalt vs. a Civic or a Taurus vs. Camry. Oh wait, i did that already.

Any way you slice it, domestics don't hold up to Japanese in terms of depreciation.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:33 pm

I owned a 94 Q45. I bought it because the price was right and according to CR, it was the fastest depreciating vehicle on the planet at the time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:41 pm

stemmer stemmer:
mtbr mtbr:
http://www.richmond-toyota.com/buy-american.htm

Toyota Tundra is More American Than Dodge Ram

Wow. One moment it's Japanese autos are better then domestics, then you claim Toyota is more American then Dodge... So which is it???? Sorry you can't have it both ways...

As far as American autos being inferior... That reminds me of allegations that blacks couldn't play baseball as well as whites...along came Jackie Robinson... Soviet hockey was inferior to Canadian hockey...along came the '72 & '74 Canada vs USSR.... Now another myth is being exposed....

No, you missed the point as usual.You claim your domestics are built in North America when the reality is they're not. You claim you buy domestic, you should find out what a domestic really is....TOYOTA :P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:42 pm

stemmer stemmer:

it's because they're cheaper by the dozen.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:56 pm

stemmer stemmer:
North America needs more citizens like you Jeff... However it appears most applaud the demise of our manufacturing sector as they freely give money to Japan, China, Korea,..... So sad... I was told at a very early age family comes first and to always help family in times of need...

Cheers & God Bless

I've always had a firm belief in supporting the hard working Man in our own country before the factory in China pumping out cheap goods for large chain stores. Local business is a wonderful thing and I hope we one day see the rise of local small business again in our countries.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:13 pm

CanadianJeff CanadianJeff:
stemmer stemmer:
North America needs more citizens like you Jeff... However it appears most applaud the demise of our manufacturing sector as they freely give money to Japan, China, Korea,..... So sad... I was told at a very early age family comes first and to always help family in times of need...

Cheers & God Bless

I've always had a firm belief in supporting the hard working Man in our own country before the factory in China pumping out cheap goods for large chain stores. Local business is a wonderful thing and I hope we one day see the rise of local small business again in our countries.

You two should walk into a Tim Hortons in Cambridge Ontario and give them the same speech, you'll probably be chewing asphalt in a couple of seconds.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:47 am

Why do you say that....

CanadianJeff raises a valid point... Besides buy a Toyota or Nissan or whatever import and the profits are going outside of North America.

GM, Ford, Chrysler pay taxes in North America. North America needs taxes for infrastructure, military, education, healthcare, etc...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:23 am

stemmer stemmer:
Why do you say that....

CanadianJeff raises a valid point... Besides buy a Toyota or Nissan or whatever import and the profits are going outside of North America.

GM, Ford, Chrysler pay taxes in North America. North America needs taxes for infrastructure, military, education, healthcare, etc...

20 pages later and you still haven't learned a thing have you?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next