bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:55 pm

stemmer stemmer:
Look at it this way, IF the Big Three hadn't gone over and helped Japan's auto industry after WWII, the automotive world in NA would be a much better place...

So what, we nuke them then tell them to fuck off?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Listen... the Corvette has been around since 1953... The Corvette has heritage and a name that is known in most households... Corvettes hold their value... I own a 1960 Vette (since 1983) that is appreciating yearly while every other thing I own is depreciating... The Corvette brand name has won more races then most other production cars... You're comparing a 2006 Z06 to a 2009 Nissan. Get the stats for a 2009 or 2010 Corvette... The stats between the GT-R and 2006 Vette are too close to declare a clear cut winner...When the GT-R has 40+ year old credentials like the Vette then we'll talk...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Tricks Tricks:
stemmer stemmer:
Look at it this way, IF the Big Three hadn't gone over and helped Japan's auto industry after WWII, the automotive world in NA would be a much better place...

And if the foot was on the other shoe.... Do you think the Japanese would have been so hospitable... Ask China how generous Japan is after a war...

Besides the Empire of Japan picked the fight...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:12 pm

stemmer stemmer:
I own a 1960 Vette (since 1983) that is appreciating yearly while every other thing I own is depreciating...
That doesn't mean it's a good car. It means it's a sought after car.

$1:
You're comparing a 2006 Z06 to a 2009 Nissan. Get the stats for a 2009 or 2010 Corvette... The stats between the GT-R and 2006 Vette are too close to declare a clear cut winner...
No, it's really easy to. If you knew anything about the GT-R it would be easy anyways.

$1:
When the GT-R has 40+ year old credentials like the Vette then we'll talk...

Uh it does... Skylines have been built for 50 years.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:13 pm

stemmer stemmer:
Tricks Tricks:
stemmer stemmer:

And if the foot was on the other shoe.... Do you think the Japanese would have been so hospitable... Ask China how generous Japan is after a war...

So we should sink to their level?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:14 pm

stemmer stemmer:
Tricks Tricks:
stemmer stemmer:

Yet America has benefitted greatly from Japanese innovation as well as German expertise since WW2.

When the US automakers were saying that new fuel efficiency demands were impossible the japanese went out and did it. Then they bested it so US automakers had no choice to follow suit. If it were not for the Japanese then we would not have the cars we have today.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:24 pm

Tricks Tricks:
stemmer stemmer:
I own a 1960 Vette (since 1983) that is appreciating yearly while every other thing I own is depreciating...

$1:
You're comparing a 2006 Z06 to a 2009 Nissan. Get the stats for a 2009 or 2010 Corvette... The stats between the GT-R and 2006 Vette are too close to declare a clear cut winner...
No, it's really easy to. If you knew anything about the GT-R it would be easy anyways.

$1:

So what does a 1953 Skyline go for? O a 1957? 1963? 1971? Come one...enlighten me...!!!!! XD

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:31 pm

AND the Big Three would have the majority of the market... Our economy would be better and so would the working, middle class of NA...!!!!!

AND IF Germany or Japan has better technology, why didn't they win WWII... After all besides the heavy sacrifice by Russia it was technology that ended the war... It was American know-how that put man on the moon before anyone else, it was American technology that gave us microprocessors, the internet, Microsoft, microwaves, etc...

And I'm full aware of operation Paperclip so piss off on that slant...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:37 pm

stemmer stemmer:
Tricks Tricks:
stemmer stemmer:

$1:

$1:

So what does a 1953 Skyline go for? O a 1957? 1963? 1971? Come one...enlighten me...!!!!! XD

No idea.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:38 pm

stemmer stemmer:
AND the Big Three would have the majority of the market... Our economy would be better and so would the working, middle class of NA...!!!!!

AND IF Germany or Japan has better technology, why didn't they win WWII... After all besides the heavy sacrifice by Russia it was technology that ended the war... It was American know-how that put man on the moon before anyone else, it was American technology that gave us microprocessors, the internet, Microsoft, microwaves, etc...

Wow.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Tricks Tricks:
No idea.

Kind of proves my point... BUT I do appreciate you being honest and spewing off some nonsense like some others here...

I'm not say the GT-R is not a great car but what else does Japan Auto have to offer?

The Big Three has Corvettes, Mustangs, Shelbys, GT40s, Challengers, Chargers, Vipers, Hemis, Saleens, to name a few....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:56 pm

stemmer stemmer:
Tricks Tricks:
No idea.

Kind of proves my point... BUT I do appreciate you being honest and spewing off some nonsense like some others here...

I'm not say the GT-R is not a great car but what else does Japan Auto have to offer?

The Big Three has Corvettes, Mustangs, Shelbys, GT40s, Challengers, Chargers, Vipers, Hemis, Saleens, to name a few....

Well saleens are after market... but ok.

What does Japan have to offer?
Lets see: S2000, Lancer evo, supra, Skylines, WRX STi, 350z, GT-r, Acura TL, g35, g37, m35, m45, RX-8.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:59 pm

stemmer stemmer:

Technology won us the war did it? Germany had far better tanks and equipment in general but they were fighting a shitload of countries with industrial capabilties exceed its own.

The US had 16 times the industrial capability of japan and could simply out produce her.

It was not technology that won the war. The Sherman tank was the workhorse yet it suffered about 3 times the losses that german tanks did only the allies could field far more.

It was German scietists and Canadian for that matter that put the US on the moon (and the russians). Germany had a jet fighter long before anyone else.

Your idiotic stance of nationalist BS in the economy is simply wrong. Free trade helps. The great depression was worsened by people thinking liek you and adopting trade protectionism.

Canada is better off because of foreign investment and you are wrong to think the US investment is any different then Japanese investment. If anything US investment was the reason Canada's autoindustry was destroyed before it even began.

In addition you ignore the fact that our industry was built up to provide Britian with war materiel to begin with.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Tricks Tricks:
stemmer stemmer:
Tricks Tricks:
No idea.

Well saleens are after market... but ok.

What does Japan have to offer?
Lets see: S2000, Lancer evo, supra, Skylines, WRX STi, 350z, GT-r, Acura TL, g35, g37, m35, m45, RX-8.

Lexus IS350- and the F .

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:06 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
stemmer stemmer:

Technology won us the war did it? Germany had far better tanks and equipment in general but they were fighting a shitload of countries with industrial capabilties exceed its own.

The US had 16 times the industrial capability of japan and could simply out produce her.

It was not technology that won the war. The Sherman tank was the workhorse yet it suffered about 3 times the losses that german tanks did only the allies could field far more.

It was German scietists and Canadian for that matter that put the US on the moon (and the russians). Germany had a jet fighter long before anyone else.

Your idiotic stance of nationalist BS in the economy is simply wrong. Free trade helps. The great depression was worsened by people thinking liek you and adopting trade protectionism.

Canada is better off because of foreign investment and you are wrong to think the US investment is any different then Japanese investment. If anything US investment was the reason Canada's autoindustry was destroyed before it even began.

In addition you ignore the fact that our industry was built up to provide Britian with war materiel to begin with.

Splitting the atom wasn't technology?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 10  11  12  13  14  15  16 ... 21  Next