CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:16 pm

Their sense of entitlement is hubris.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:17 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Who is threatening to topple the government? Members of your own party are proposing to do, on a provincial level, what Harper has proposed at the federal level. Sort of hypocritical isn't it?

Thing is, Doer's motivations for reversing the subsidy are not so blatantly self-serving as Harper's.

:lol: bullshit what a hypocrite.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:18 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
hurley_108 hurley_108:
Nobody's saying the Bloc would be part of the coalition. It would be a Liberal-NDP coalition, with the Bloc supporting the coalition. Prove me wrong.

So you're proposing a coalition government with less seats then the opposition and expected support from the Bloc? Ya that sounds like a much more stable government.

You call 48 days (Oct 14, election day; to Dec 1, original date of confidence vote) stable? What colour is the sky in your world?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR

hurley_108 hurley_108:
Who is threatening to topple the government? Members of your own party are proposing to do, on a provincial level, what Harper has proposed at the federal level. Sort of hypocritical isn't it?

Thing is, Doer's motivations for reversing the subsidy are not so blatantly self-serving as Harper's.

Tan.....beige, I can't tell the difference can you?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

hurley_108 hurley_108:

So you've got ESP now and can prove the motives behind decisions made by individual politicians. Hmm I think I smell a double standard here.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:19 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:

The left in Canada is in it for the power just as much as they accuse Harper of it. They have never wanted what's best for Canada. All one has to do is look at what it finally took to get them to stand up and be heard. The loss of their hand outs.

The Left wants to govern. Harper wants to conquer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:20 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
RUEZ RUEZ:

The left in Canada is in it for the power just as much as they accuse Harper of it. They have never wanted what's best for Canada. All one has to do is look at what it finally took to get them to stand up and be heard. The loss of their hand outs.

The Left wants to govern. Harper wants to conquer.

:roll: No one was more autocratic than PET

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:24 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
hurley_108 hurley_108:

So you've got ESP now and can prove the motives behind decisions made by individual politicians. Hmm I think I smell a double standard here.

You don't need ESP to estimate the intentions of a person. All you need is a track record and an evaluation of the impact of an action.

Who wins and loses in MB if the subsidy there dies? Who's in power there?

Who wins and loses in Ottawa? Who's in power there?

Who has a track record of doing every last thing he can to wrest ever more power away from his opponents, of breaking, bending, and changing the rules to suit himself?

The standard is not different, the measurement is.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:26 pm

And his arrogance was the Liberals' downfall in '84, as could Harper's be his in the coming weeks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:28 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
You don't need ESP to estimate the intentions of a person. All you need is a track record and an evaluation of the impact of an action.

Who wins and loses in MB if the subsidy there dies? Who's in power there?

Who wins and loses in Ottawa? Who's in power there?

Who has a track record of doing every last thing he can to wrest ever more power away from his opponents, of breaking, bending, and changing the rules to suit himself?

The standard is not different, the measurement is.

If I'm not mistaken in both instances the ruling party would lose the most. Since they are both eligible for the most subsidy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:31 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:

And his arrogance was the Liberals' downfall in '84, as could Harper's be his in the coming weeks.

It was there throughout his hold on power, not just at the end of his reign.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:48 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
If I'm not mistaken in both instances the ruling party would lose the most. Since they are both eligible for the most subsidy.

In absolute terms, yeah. But how about in relative terms?

Federally, the Conservatives, who are proposing the change, have the subsidy at well under half their revenue. The Liberals have it well over half. That's the difference.

In any case, this is the last straw for the Liberals. They've nothing left to lose but this. The NDP and Bloc will be similarly crushed. Are they just supposed to bend over and take it? Even if they do, and we go to another election, it's up to the people, isn't it, to render judgement. I have no problem voting again, and I won't vote Conservative.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:49 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:

It was there throughout his hold on power, not just at the end of his reign.

As has Harper's been. It'll catch up to him sooner or later, and I have no qualms about expressing my hope that it's sooner rather than later.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:50 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
I have no problem voting again, and I won't vote Conservative.
I have no problem going to another election. I'd love to see the left pay for sending us back to the polls.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:54 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
I'd love to see the left pay for sending us back to the polls.

Uh huh. And the government is blameless for bringing forth a confidence motion it couldn't have possibly passed.