canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:46 pm

hwacker hwacker:
If you want legalization, move to Europe.

If you don't want to be treated like a POS get a real job.

Why are you so opposed to ANY change?
"If you don't want this, go away" to everything that is wrong in your eyes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:56 pm

Brenda Brenda:
ridenrain ridenrain:
They didn't find this one poor, abused woman and you think women like her will be easier to find when we have 10x more women like her out on the streets? Prostitutes become faceless, nameless sex toys for money and this is acceptable within the charter of rights and within you're vision of Canada?

Make sure you and Derby put that in the next Federal red book.

No, they are not.
They pay taxes and are on a payroll, or registered as a business. Come on, is a plumber a faceless, nameless toy for fixing leakages and clogs?

We're not talking about Europe or somewhere else, we're talking about Canada. We are a different people wiyth different visions and morality and you should figure that out.

What you say flys in the face of this artical and from our own practical experience. The Picton pig farm wasn't known for dead plumbers after all.

Is Joe the plumber a real person or just someone you hire to fix you're sink? If he's late or sloppy because he's been awake all night because of drug addiction, booze or paying for his kids braces, do you care? I doubt it and most would be mad and scornfull. You picked the guy out a phone book and don't know him more than Joe the mechanic or any other Joe on the street.
The story that you/they care about these people is an insult to our inteligence.

Bottom line: we disagree. You want the system changed: put that to a vote of the Canadian people. Since most here defending this are left spectrum, put it in the red book. Be clear and truthfull for once and let Canadians decide.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:01 pm

I thought this was about legalization? take a f*ckin look outside your comfy box before you insult my intelligence, and my status.

Holy...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:09 pm

Did you read the artical that started this? Did that sound like a good job advert to you? Would you feel confortable with you're kids doing that or is simply ok for someone elses kids? ..maybe poor Joe the plumber?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:11 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Did you read the artical that started this? Did that sound like a good job advert to you? Would you feel confortable with you're kids doing that or is simply ok for someone elses kids? ..maybe poor Joe the plumber?

What do you think? Of course I read it.
Do you seriously think she would have had a job in any brothel if it was legalized? I don't think so either.

If my kids choose to be a prostitute, I would not stop them. I would ask them if it was what they wanted, just like I would if they would want to become... police officers.

But hey, I am European eh, I think outside your little box :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:30 pm

Brenda Brenda:
But hey, I am European eh, I think outside your little box :roll:

.. and I'm late and I only speak for myself but welcome to Canada.

$1:
Do you seriously think she would have had a job in any brothel if it was legalized?

Yes I do. Illegal activities still go on in legal markets. Why do you expect that they won't?
.. or are you still thinking that folks care about Joe the prostitute?

Say a legal industry is established and only the slim group of women who want to be hookers are employed. The beaten, illegal immigrant or addicted hookers will still exist and they will never be accepted into the legitimate brothels. That leaves them even more margenalized and still illegal. They now walk the streets, away from the safe zones and don't have the safety, protection of the legitimate industry.

The only significant change I see is that some managers or legitimate criminal gangs got stinking rich along the way,and prostitutes still get screwed.
No significant change.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:35 pm

You get the women who choose to be a prostitute (or men for that matter) off the streets, which makes it way easier to get the illegal ones off the streets and in safe houses.

Your sarcasm is lost on me. Thank you ;-)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:39 pm

Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:

Because using the stupid europeon model to say it works, it's just that stupid. Like i said if you want that move there this is Canada we don't need that crap. Or in your case move back :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:42 pm

hwacker hwacker:
Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:

Because using the stupid europeon model to say it works, it's just that stupid. Like i said if you want that move there this is Canada we don't need that crap. Or in your case move back :lol:

why is that stupid?
Why is every change that has to do with more freedom to the person "European, thus bad, because we are North American, we know best"?
Maybe you don't, ever thought of that?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:44 pm

Brenda Brenda:

why is that stupid?
Why is every change that has to do with more freedom to the person "European, thus bad, because we are North American, we know best"?

Well sweetie if it was so good you'd still be there, we are done here.

Now stop trying to bring europeon crap to my country.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:53 pm

Brenda Brenda:
You get the women who choose to be a prostitute (or men for that matter) off the streets, which makes it way easier to get the illegal ones off the streets and in safe houses.

Your sarcasm is lost on me. Thank you ;-)

The people who wanted to be prostitutes are not, and never will be the problem. They know that legalization increaces competition and drives prices down and advertisement simply blows their cover and opens them up to abuse by organized crime. They have a product that they work hard to keep and that excludes drug addiction and they are selective of their clients because their reputation is more valuable than any advertizing.

There's another unique western idea called the free market that you need to understand.

Again. This is a change in the policy of our justice system. If the lef t spectrum wants to legalize brothels, I suggest they put their case to the canadian voter and let them decide. That's far better than snbeaking it through with appointed judges.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:54 pm

hwacker hwacker:
Brenda Brenda:

why is that stupid?

Hahaha, like I will ever have the power to change a country on my own! Geesh, I didn't know you respected me that much :twisted:

Darlin, my reasons to leave The Netherlands were not about the legalization of abortion, prostitution or weed, or the illegality of fire arms, or the legality of nude beaches.

I still have no freakin clue what my status in Canada has to do with my ideas of personal freedoms. That has not changed in the past year.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:56 pm

Riden, I appreciate the fact we differ in opinion here, but I am not going to lower myself to your level. You can keep your insults to yourself. The moment you appreciate my opinion and can have a normal conversation, you can come back to me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:01 am

Brenda Brenda:
hwacker hwacker:
Brenda Brenda:

why is that stupid?

Hahaha, like I will ever have the power to change a country on my own! Geesh, I didn't know you respected me that much :twisted:

Darlin, my reasons to leave The Netherlands were not about the legalization of abortion, prostitution or weed, or the illegality of fire arms, or the legality of nude beaches.

I still have no freakin clue what my status in Canada has to do with my ideas of personal freedoms. That has not changed in the past year.

Well stop preaching about what we need to do in Canada, it was fine before you got here and I’m sure if you left we be ok too.

What happened to Europe does not need to happen in Canada. You guys legalized everything under the sun and now have to import people to keep your country afloat. People in Europe have lost their balls and their morals.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:04 am

read what I wrote. Fire arms are NOT legal in The Netherlands. So that one doesn't float. Next thing, what makes you think "I bring stuff to Canada you don't need"? If I was born here, what would you have used then to insult me? Last thing, last time I was in Europe, it was not a country. That might have changed though, I think you can tell me that, don't you? :twisted:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next