Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: WDHIII
Date: 2008-10-27 08:41:17

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Wonderful news: The GOP is self-destructing. :-)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:55 pm

Good. After they're done with their civil war, hopefully the neo-conservative and theocratic elements get expunged and the party can get back to it's real conservative roots.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Oh, how the mighty shall fall. :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:25 pm

"She was found guilty of abusing her power as governor in the so-called "Troopergate" scandal over the firing of her ex-brother-in-law"

Wait, she was convicted? Does anyone have information to corroborate this?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:30 pm

She wasn't convicted of anything, she was simply ajudged to have abused her power as governor.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:33 pm

The elction hasn't been held yet, so it's a little early for celebration on the left. That said, regardless of who wins, I'll be drinking a toast to the end of Bush's disastrous and bloody reign of power

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:34 pm

xerxes xerxes:
She wasn't convicted of anything, she was simply ajudged to have abused her power as governor.

I hadn't heard about this. Can you provide a reference? I will try to google it myself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Here's a copy of the original report itself:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1839104/DOWNLOAD

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:51 pm

And here's another twist: (from the BBC)

$1:

Alaska ethics probe clears Palin

Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin has been cleared by a new report of abuse of power in firing Alaska's top law enforcement official.

An independent investigator appointed by the Alaska Personnel Board said she had violated no ethics law.

Mrs Palin, governor of Alaska, was accused of sacking Walt Monegan because he failed to dismiss her ex-brother-in-law, state trooper Michael Wooten.

An earlier report for Alaska's congress found that she had abused her office.

Mrs Palin has always denied any wrongdoing, and her supporters say the charges were motivated by her political opponents.

The Alaska Personnel Board report, led by investigator Timothy Petumenos, said there was "no probable cause to believe that the governor, or any other state official, violated the Alaska Executive Ethics Act in connection with these matters".

According to a copy of the report posted on the Anchorage Daily News website, the board concluded that there was no need to hold a hearing on "reputational harm", as Mr Monegan had requested.

The report did say that the use of "private e-mails for government work" needed to be addressed, an apparent reference to Mrs Palin's use at times of her personal e-mail account for state business.

Mrs Palin referred the matter to the personnel board herself.

The earlier report for the state legislature, released last month, said Mr Monegan's refusal to fire Mr Wooten was not the sole reason for his dismissal, but a contributing factor.

However, it added that the actual sacking of Mr Monegan was a "proper and lawful" exercise of Mrs Palin's rights as governor of Alaska.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
The elction hasn't been held yet, so it's a little early for celebration on the left. That said, regardless of who wins, I'll be drinking a toast to the end of Bush's disastrous and bloody reign of power

I'll drink to that, R=UP

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:58 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

I'll drink to that, R=UP

Not unless you have a fake ID! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:58 pm

I'm glad Bush is gone. It's a shame he was allowed to do so much damage, however I'm leary about how Canada friendly Obama is going to be. He could very well be worse for Canada then Bush was.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:00 am

Pseudonym Pseudonym:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

I'll drink to that, R=UP

Not unless you have a fake ID! :lol:

That's why I have friends man, ;) Screw fake ID's. I just hand my friend $20 and he gets me whatever I ask for. Usually Royal Reserve, with Canada Dry. :lol: Or just Molson. Molson Black Ice is amazing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:02 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
I'm glad Bush is gone. It's a shame he was allowed to do so much damage, however I'm leary about how Canada friendly Obama is going to be. He could very well be worse for Canada then Bush was.

We won't know until it happens, I guess...

I guess we Canadians just have to hope for the best and hope Obama makes it so America respects it's allies for once.