Category: Sports
Posted By: QBall
Date: 2008-08-29 17:11:36
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:09 pm

yeah, this won't hold up in Canada.

B.C. Human Rights Commissions will be getting complaints within a weeks, I'm sure.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:16 pm

lily lily:
Yes, it will hold up in Canada.

You really should read the article before commenting.

"Human rights and legal experts agreed the Coquitlam golf club is likely within its legal rights to limit membership, but Prof. Michael Inzlicht of the University of Toronto suggested the club has a social responsibility to accommodate - not exclude - immigrants."

It's also "likely" the rules can be challenged in court. Do you think some Liberal Lawyer who wants to make a name for himself won't take this opportunity and at least try.

I dunno, Lily. Maybe you're right.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:25 pm

lily lily:

Insanity in Canada (and the rest of Western Civilization) seems to have no limits these days. It will not surprise me in the least to see a Canadian judge issue an order that utterly defies common sense.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:26 pm

It's a golf thing...snobs :lol:

LPGA requiring players to learn English

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vi ... p?t=449835

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:45 pm

lily lily:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
lily lily:

Insanity in Canada (and the rest of Western Civilization) seems to have no limits these days. It will not surprise me in the least to see a Canadian judge issue an order that utterly defies common sense.

Of course it wouldn't, because you expect it.

It's posts like this one that make people question your Cool Yankie medal, Bart. You really aren't as pro-Canada as you try to portray yourself.

There is being pro-Canada, and being realistic.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:53 pm

Then why did the courts force the Empire Club and other such private Men only clubs to accept female members?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:50 pm

They arent saying immigrants cant join, all they are saying is that they want all members to communicate in english, so all members can understand the same set of rules and more importantly socialize with each other over some brandy and cigars.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with their policy, it makes perfect sense if you open your eyes and see the truth of what is being said!!!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:09 pm

"The club's general manager, Brent Gough, has said the policy is designed to ensure all members are able to communicate and understand the club's rules."

This has nothing to do with race religon or sex, all they want is for those who wish to be a member to speak english, they dont care what other languages someone speaks or where they came from.

Clubs of this type are a status symbol that usually cost more to join than we make in a year.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:18 pm

who cares...cuz most of the families can barely afford housing let allow golf lessons on top of it for their kids...fucking learn english...i just want to see a barrier for some :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:21 am

it's a private organization, they can set their own rules, end of sentence.

I for one admire their stance.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:16 am

I completely agree with the Golf Club.

$1:
but he told CBC that the policy was introduced a few years ago after prospective members - in particular East Asian immigrants - started applying with the help of translators.

All of this is a matter of common sense. They cannot expect to rule everywhere they go. About time someone took a stand. :)

Don't like it, then go play somewhere else. Better yet, there are golf courses in Asia, go there. And while you are at it, bring Lily with you. :lol:

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:03 am

Nothing new here..schools have signs posted in areas that tell the students"English Only" Beyond this point.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:59 am

I am actually in support of this; fluently speaking English is a skill that a person should definitely have in Canada. Making it a requirement for a private golf course, I see, is as akin to making the skill to sail a requirement of a sailing club.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:05 am

i think that proffesor has it backward when he says the club should do whatever it can to accommodate the immigrants. they should be doing everything they can to fit in with the clubs regulations if they wish to join.