Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:44 am

Title: Carbon tax could be reversed, special adviser to Campbell fears
Category: Political
Posted By: mtbr
Date: 2008-06-28 06:41:58
Canadian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:44 am

Dion and the rest of the dopey Liberals in this country should pay attention.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:09 am

$1:
Were he advising an NDP government, he said he would urge it to adopt the same tax. It will be applied to all fossil fuels, starting at $10 a tonne of carbon and rising by $5 a year for the next four years, capping out at $30 a tonne in 2012.

$1:
the tax linked to a 2.34-cent rise in gasoline prices on Canada Day. By 2012, the tax will be at seven cents a litre.

Wow, so they’re expecting a 7 cent per liter increase for a $30 per tonne tax and that’s just by taxing the end product! You can imagine the impact of Dion’s $40 per tonne tax which will hit farther up the refining process and therefore cost more.

This should serve as an omen to those who support Dion’s tax on everything.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:13 am

By 2012 property values in BC will be in the S hole as everybody moves to Alberta. :lol: :P

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:15 am

mtbr mtbr:
By 2012 property values in BC will be in the S hole as everybody moves to Alberta. :lol: :P

I hope they have a fair amount of pack mules because no one will be able to afford the gas for the moving vans by the time Campbell and Dion get through with them.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:27 am

mtbr mtbr:
Dion and the rest of the dopey Liberals in this country should pay attention.

Lily must be in favor of dropping this, she hasn't told you to stop commentting on the story after you've posted. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:06 pm

It won't make one bit of difference, if they do. I, still wouldn't vote for that asshat Gordo, even if he gave us all free cheques for $100.00, a free night of passion with a Porpoise, the finance minister and a waterbed. Oh wait, he's already done one of those two things.

Anyway since I despise the Liberals, hate the NDP and can't stand the Green Party, my options are really limited as to whom I vote for next election. Any suggestions???????

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:31 pm

lily lily:
Why don't you run as an independant?

Not me, I'm more than a little concerned I'd become that what I despise.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:04 pm

I might vote NDP or even the Greens, for the fuck of it. To show discontent for the two major parties.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:17 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
It won't make one bit of difference, if they do. I, still wouldn't vote for that asshat Gordo, even if he gave us all free cheques for $100.00, a free night of passion with a Porpoise, the finance minister and a waterbed. Oh wait, he's already done one of those two things.

Anyway since I despise the Liberals, hate the NDP and can't stand the Green Party, my options are really limited as to whom I vote for next election. Any suggestions???????

Marijauna party :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:07 pm

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/451327

"The opposition NDP, backed by a new poll that says nearly 60 per cent of B.C. residents oppose the tax, is mounting a major campaign to axe the tax.

Even Liberal supporters, according to an Ipsos-Reid poll, are against the green levy, with 56 per cent opposing it, and only 41 per cent in support."