canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:11 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=31702" target="_blank">Star's end a preview of sun's death</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/9-science" target="_blank">Science</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Hyack" target="_blank">Hyack</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2008-03-28 09:15:20

Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:11 pm

Just what we need, another threat to humanity and the planet to worrry about. By the time we sort out extremists and global warming, we get fried.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:21 pm

You didn't even read the article. Need I even say a word?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:58 pm

4 billion years.........

Not a big consideration at this point----unless the GWs feel they can control the sun too.........HOCKEY PUCKS

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:04 pm

Well thats a long time away, I am sure we will be colonizing other planets by then. However I am not one for dicking around and would love to be focusing more on it rather then all these stupid wars and systems we have. I mostly blame religion for having mankind so divided. If we never had things like WW2, and focused more on the people of each others country's and space. We would have already been so far into space by now, and I can't even imagine the tech that would have been invented for it. People say war is good because it developes tech that benefits people. Same tech would be invented and more if more money was spent on tech research for outer space.

Anyways, they already are setting up space tourism now. You got to be a millionaire to be-able to do it however like today's Airlines, it started as a rich persons thrill ride into what it is today. Once all the rich people get there thrill rides, and prices drop. Well let's just say seeing outer space is on my to do list before I die ;).

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 San Jose Sharks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:07 pm

no we cant control the sun and we cant even control the suns rays and we probably wont even be able to control how many green house gases will be in our atmosphere because i think its to late to do anything anyway. So let the oil companies control the earth and have a nice day

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:15 pm

I saw the "Astromomer Royal" on TV one time and he had this line that the end of the sun was more distant from us than we are from the ameoba. He says it's hard to imagine who or what we'll be by then.

Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:00 am

fire_i fire_i:
You didn't even read the article. Need I even say a word?

Of course I read the article. 4 billion years is real close at the speed politicians solve problems.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:17 am

... let me have my doubts. Or at least, give me some time to assimilate the sheer load of sarcasm. ;)

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:23 am

There's another future for the planet in the works. The inside of the earth is molten because of the heat from the radioactive decay of the elements there. In time this will ceases, the core will cool and the whole planet will shrink. The oceans will cover the continents and earth will be a water kingdom. The moon has already frozen, this is well know science.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:53 pm

mixedfarmer mixedfarmer:
no we cant control the sun and we cant even control the suns rays and we probably wont even be able to control how many green house gases will be in our atmosphere because i think its to late to do anything anyway. So let the oil companies control the earth and have a nice day

Mixed farmer is correct, we humans can't "control" a piss up at a brewery. Global climate is changing and apparently so is the amount of heat that the sun puts out - so what - there is nothing we can do. Just remember, dick cheney has all your best interests at heart, neither him nor reverend al gore would ever lie, and everything is ok.. :roll: