canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:56 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=30406" target="_blank">Soldier’s complaints present weighty questions</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/13-military" target="_blank">Military</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Hyack" target="_blank">Hyack</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2008-02-18 08:20:01
<strong>Canadian</strong>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:56 pm

"To a civilian, Beaulieu’s comments no doubt sounded pretty scandalous. According to this corporal, our contingent is equipped for "peacekeeping, not war-fighting."
I agree. Harper, with no military experience, changed the mission, and sent our troops into combat in tin cans. I recall that the combat clothing was for forest areas. In the desert enviroment they stood out like sitting ducks. Harper was too eager to please George Bush. It's too bad Harper can't be jailed on "criminal negligence leading to death."

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:47 pm

philowl
$1:
"To a civilian, Beaulieu’s comments no doubt sounded pretty scandalous. According to this corporal, our contingent is equipped for "peacekeeping, not war-fighting."
I agree. Harper, with no military experience, changed the mission, and sent our troops into combat in tin cans. I recall that the combat clothing was for forest areas. In the desert enviroment they stood out like sitting ducks. Harper was too eager to please George Bush. It's too bad Harper can't be jailed on "criminal negligence leading to death."

To an ignoramus you comments no doubt sound scandalous.....
Except the Cretin sent our people to Afghanistan in forest green and subsequently the LIBRANO regime took the current mission and moved our people to Khandahar. Prior to the current government. Like most LIBRANO criticism of the current government it is always accompanied by a body-guard of lies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:55 pm

philowl philowl:

Methinks your re-cognitive abilities require more exercise.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:59 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
philowl philowl:

Methinks your re-cognitive abilities require more exercise.

hehe

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:09 pm

philowl philowl:

Where the hell do these ignorant people come from?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:32 pm

ridenrain
$1:
Where the hell do these ignorant people come from?

The GTA mostly......they also believe in CO2 AGW.......

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:31 pm

another good post from ridenrain and sasquatch.. the countrys two most leading arm chair warriors...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:36 pm

kenmore kenmore:
another good post from ridenrain and sasquatch.. the countrys two most leading arm chair warriors...

Be careful, their armchairs are better armed than your's.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:38 pm

$1:
Cpl. Daniel Beaulieu.

His resume seemed very impressive: An 11-year veteran with the Royal 22nd Regiment

In ELEVEN years this f*cktard only made it to Corporal and the sh*t for brains reporter thinks that's impressive?

ROTFL

Canada has worse problems than the state of kit for the troops. :idea:

Your reporters are total idiots.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:43 pm

Beaulieu’s has been serving for 11 years and he's still a corporal ? nuff said. Bitching and whinning is a good way to ensure you never rise to anything above cpl.

I bet he's really popular in his unit too... :wink:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:46 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
$1:
Cpl. Daniel Beaulieu.

His resume seemed very impressive: An 11-year veteran with the Royal 22nd Regiment

In ELEVEN years this f*cktard only made it to Corporal and the sh*t for brains reporter thinks that's impressive?

ROTFL

Canada has worse problems than the state of kit for the troops. :idea:

Your reporters are total idiots.

Beat me to it Bart...

FYI
My serving friend says Scott Taylor is hated by the military, for exactly this sort of shit.

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:58 pm

I would think that if the soldiers had the funding they would knowtheir jobs well enough to equip themselves with the kit they need.

The only place politicians should come into a debate on millitary equipment is when we talk about the funding and on that note the liberals are responsible for much of the faulty equipment in the armed forces today through their habit of cutting military funding at every opportunity.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Edmonton Oilers

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:38 pm

kenmore kenmore:

At least they support the Troops and the Mission in Afghanistan unlike you who believes Afghanistan could never have a real Democracy because you're an Arm Chair Isolationist!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:33 pm

"Nobody thought to ask this combat veteran just how he planned to carry the extra 35 pounds of weight this would add to an average soldier’s current full kit load of nearly 80 pounds. Nor did anybody inquire if there has been a single instance in Canada’s six-year military experience in Afghanistan where our front-line troops have been forced to break contact with the enemy as a result of an ammunition shortage.

During Beaulieu’s seven-month tour in Kandahar, there were no prolonged firefights with insurgents. The only casualties suffered in the Van Doo battle group came as a result of roadside bombs. Given the nature of this threat, I can’t imagine anyone in their right mind wanting to travel around with 300 bullets strapped to their chest. "

THESE TWO PARAGRAPHS FROM THE ARTICLE PROVE WHAT A FUCKTARD THIS GUY IS. UNFORTUNATELY HE HAS BEEN GIVEN WAY MORE PRESS COVERAGE THAN HE DESERVES!!!!!

This reporter actually has a good idea:
"Cpl. Beaulieu says he fears retribution for his public outburst, but the military would be wise to heed his advice. They should design the corporal a vest that can hold 15 ammo mags, issue him the extra pistol clips and insist that he carry them all the time. "

He also makes a good point:

"The last big revelation from Beaulieu was that the desert boots were substandard. Sure they may be state-of-the-art footwear that retail at around $300 a pair, but after Beaulieu went on long patrols, his feet hurt. I will pause here for a moment to let everyone who once served in the infantry roll their eyes skyward in disbelief. "

I have done my share of 13km ruck marches and 16km forced marches and never once felt like my feet didnt suffer. Blisters are a way of life in the Army deal with it!!