canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:08 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=29659" target="_blank">Pot-linked 'epidemic' of lung cancer predicted</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/19-health" target="_blank">Health</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=kitty" target="_blank">kitty</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2008-01-30 09:08:03

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Great, then my healthcare will have to pay for all the fucking pot-loving hippies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:19 am

Why would they term pot a "new" carcinogen. Maybe they're a little behind the times in New Zealand.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:57 am

so it sounds like all this increased marijuana use might not turn out to be a good thing in the long run for our health care system .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:00 pm

streaker is in trouble

pot smokers will use it for another excuse to legalize it. The gov't will be able to tax and raise money for the health care expense :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:04 pm

$1:
The researchers interviewed 79 lung cancer patients

Yep, sounds like a solid case [/sarcasm]

I was raised with the knowlwdge that marijuana is better for your health then roll m yourself-cigarettes. I call this scientific study bullshit :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:24 pm

Brenda Brenda:
$1:

I was raised with the knowlwdge that marijuana is better for your health then roll m yourself-cigarettes. I call this scientific study bullshit :lol:

Marijuana is not better for your health, it just does less damage than tobacco, but it still does damage.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:25 pm

QBall QBall:
Brenda Brenda:
$1:

Marijuana is not better for your health, it just does less damage than tobacco, but it still does damage.

Yeah, you're right :oops:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:39 pm

Brenda Brenda:
$1:

think there has been alot of other research which has said this is unhealthy , simply the smokers have continued to ignore all warnings and would rather buy into government conspiracy theroies and find reasons as to why it should be legalised .

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:55 pm

So what will this mean to the “medicinal pot” crusaders?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:01 pm

ryan29 ryan29:
Brenda Brenda:
$1:

think there has been alot of other research which has said this is unhealthy , simply the smokers have continued to ignore all warnings and would rather buy into government conspiracy theroies and find reasons as to why it should be legalised .

Reasons why it should be legalized? So you think everything should be illegal unless there is a reason to make it legal? I, on the other hand, think everything should be legal unless there's a reason to make it illegal. I'm pro-freedom. You're anti-freedom.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:09 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
ryan29 ryan29:
Brenda Brenda:
$1:

Reasons why it should be legalized? So you think everything should be illegal unless there is a reason to make it legal? I, on the other hand, think everything should be legal unless there's a reason to make it illegal. I'm pro-freedom. You're anti-freedom.

Well regardless of whether or not I (or you) believe in legalizing pot I can’t see it ever happening. Over the last few years it has become socially unacceptable to smoke and every year there is more and more legislation at every level of government trying to curb the use of tobacco. We are well on our way to making the use of tobacco illegal so the chances of pot ever kicking this trend and being legalized is slim to none.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:15 pm

dino_bobba_renno dino_bobba_renno:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
ryan29 ryan29:
Brenda Brenda:
$1:

Well regardless of whether or not I (or you) believe in legalizing pot I can’t see it ever happening. Over the last few years it has become a socially unacceptable to smoke and every year there is more and more legislation at every level of government trying to curb the use of tobacco. We are well on our way to making the use of tobacco illegal so the chances of pot ever kicking this trend and being legalized is slim to none.

Probably. It doesn't matter much to me from a practical perspective. When I used it, I never had any trouble getting it, and I'm sure that's still true today.

There is certainly more legislation at every level of government--and not just to curb tobacco use. For everything. There's thousands of politicians and busy-bodies out there just looking to ban things. In North Vancouver they're going to try to ban drive-thru restaurants. For your opwn good of course. The City of Vacnouver banned dancing in restaurants. In my band if someone stands up to dance, we have to stop playing until they sit down.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:20 pm

$1:
The City of Vacnouver banned dancing in restaurants. In my band if someone stands up to dance, we have to stop playing until they sit down.

Excuse me???

So much for a "diner-dansant" :?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:30 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

In North Vancouver they're going to try to ban drive-thru restaurants. For your opwn good of course.

Ya we've got some boneheaded alderman here in Calgary trying to do the same thing. I guess there just aren't any more important things to do.