canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:32 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=27702" target="_blank">Minor League Hockey Brawl - 8year old kids hockey fight - FULL VIDEO!</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/2-sports" target="_blank">Sports</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=a2zme" target="_blank">a2zme</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-11-29 18:29:06
<strong>Canadian</strong>

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:32 pm

The parents & coaching staff should be ashamed of their actions...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:39 pm

a2zme a2zme:
The parents & coaching staff should be ashamed of their actions...
You were so angry you posted it twice.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:41 pm

What is the big deal? There must be video somewhere of of a Semenko Tim Hunter brawl that these kids got into. Surely this little video is not responsible for all the rhetoric.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:51 pm

Aw! It's simply a case of "monkey see, monkey do".

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:21 pm

Duplicate thread deleted.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:43 pm

That must be in a different video but what there showing there is certainly not a "brawl" you see the kids skating away with each other to watch the idiot adults that probably started "throwing actual blows" because the other parents kid plays to rough.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:50 pm

i agree, suspend the coaches for a couple of games.. and prevent the parents who were fighting from coming back.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:06 am

Those who think that this is ho hum, 'real life' stuff, are unfortunately, missing the point.

Guys, we're talking of 8 year olds here! Remember back to the time when you were 8?

I don't know about you, but getting invloved in a free-for-all was never on my mind. I never saw it!
It wasn't a part of my reality and, I believe, that it shouldn't be a part of any 8 year olds reality!

Imagine one of those kids in the scrum ended up getting really injured or worse.

The most important role of a coach is to teach! And the only way to really teach is to teach by example. Suspending the coaches doesn't alter the fact that something like this should never have happened in the first place.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this story (if the media runs with it) can spell the end of fighting in the NHL as we know it today. Maybe not a total ban, but a severe restructuring of the penalties resulting from a fight.

I love a good NHL fight, in the context of true competition but this has reached an unprecendented level.

Children are now doing it!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:50 am

Considering this happened at the end of the game, did the coaches actually send their players out or did they just leave the brench cause the buzzer went. This wasn't a brawl, but this was.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlozgaQnK7M&feature=related[/youtube]

See the differance ?