canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:49 pm

I'm of the generation where you got a warning for insulting someone loved or making an inappropriate comment about or to them... one warning. But I'm the guy that threw my daughter's BF out of my house, after the customary warning, of course. :evil:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95jVsC3 ... WL&index=3

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtxNsc8 ... WL&index=4

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:17 pm

I wasn't watching it and haven't watched any awards shows for so many years I can't remember the last time I gave a crap about the opinions of a few to decide the "best" of whatever type/genre/etc. I am much more familiar with Will Smith's acting than Chris Rock's. I had to go to wiki to look at what Rock has done to remember who he was exactly though I know I've heard his name before. Shows you how much I keep up with entertainers. :lol:

I find it bizarre how things like this get so much media attention, though I guess it goes with the flow of how much emphasis is put on what those in the entertainment industry do or don't do. :roll:

I get why Will Smith did what he did. The comment from Rock was inappropriate and perhaps the response was as well. However, if Smith had done nothing then he would get slammed from everyone for not "manning up" and defending his wife.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:07 pm

rickc rickc:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I think the slap was cheap, but the joke was cheaper.

Even though I never liked Stephen Harper, I never wrote anything about Mrs. Harper or the Harperlings. People hate Justin Trudeau and/or his father, but no one talks about his sister or mother.

There are lines you don't cross in civil society. I even think Sir Hopkins or Mr. Washington would have got up there and belted Mr. Rock. Will Smith took it too far, but I don't fault his wanting to defend his wife from ridicule.

The family members that you are talking about are not in the "business", therefore they should get a pass from the press. The press that is, not comedians or the public. Will Smith's wife IS in the business. She is an actress. Every pompous douchebag in the audience is fair game.

I bet no one would be defending this violence if it was a white man or a right winger doing the slapping. Imagine if it was Clint Eastwood or Kevin Sorbo that had slapped Chris Rock's face. The show would not have played out. A full scale riot would have ensued. More double standards from the left.

Someone forgets justin timberlake catching ZERO heat for the janet jackson incident.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:12 pm

rickc rickc:
I don't have to make up shit. Our recent history in the last couple of years is full of American cities being burned to the ground. Riots and looting all courtesy of the left. Prove me wrong.
Are you equating this with unjustified murder of black men by the state?

$1:
Blacks kill themselves off by the thousands. I do not see BLM (or any left wingers) ever bitching about that.
Stop watching fox news then. You know the "critical race theory" that they all freaked out about? That shit is specifically about the systems that put many black men and women in a situation where they feel crime is the only way to support themselves.

But hey, it hurt your feefees cause it might force you to recognize your country ain't sunshine and rainbows, so lets ignore it right?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:38 am

$1:
Imagine if it was Clint Eastwood or Kevin Sorbo that had slapped Chris Rock's face.

Clint wouldn't hit a lady, Clint (along with Michael Caine, Raquel Welch, and others) just mocked Sacheen Littlefeather (accepting the award for Marlon Brando for the Godfather) for asking that Natives not be dehumanized in movies. John Wayne was restrained by security.
https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture ... me%20event.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:51 am

If anyone wants to expose to themselves their underlying biases (it's just a human trait that our brains use, no judgment) there is a test developed by Harvard that exposes them to the test taker.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/c ... atest.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:13 am

Attachments:
0F79A8F6-0294-48F4-B92D-1DA9CB98558F.jpeg
0F79A8F6-0294-48F4-B92D-1DA9CB98558F.jpeg [ 117.58 KiB | Viewed 33 times ]
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:43 am

^^^

There is your answer.

rickc rickc:
I bet no one would be defending this violence if it was a white man or a right winger doing the slapping. Imagine if it was Clint Eastwood or Kevin Sorbo that had slapped Chris Rock's face. The show would not have played out. A full scale riot would have ensued. More double standards from the left.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:56 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
^^^

There is your answer.

rickc rickc:

Personally, I would have loved to see Clint and Kevin going after Chris. Just add the Benny Hill Show closing gag and music.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X146EqpOlpU