Title: Anger in China as Keanu Reeves joins benefit concert for Tibet
Category: Showbiz
Posted By: Scape
Date: 2022-01-26 16:18:47
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:48 am

Nice! If helping people makes others angry, they you know you are doing the right thing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:30 pm

Based on that logic I'm kind of torn on this:

Chinese Nationalists Call for Boycott of The Matrix Resurrections After Keanu Reeves Joins Tibet Benefit Concert

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:49 pm

I regret nothing. Don't watch the Matrix. So what? It's a movie. Tibetans are people.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:58 pm

I was thinking of the Chinese people, the hardliners are kinda doing them a solid here.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:52 am

I can't blame them, because the CCP controls all the media and quashes dissent. They hear and see what the party wants them to hear and see, in order that the CCP has the popular support of the people. I like to believe if they knew both sides of the issue, many more would do the right thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:08 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I can't blame them, because the CCP controls all the media and quashes dissent. They hear and see what the party wants them to hear and see, in order that the CCP has the popular support of the people. I like to believe if they knew both sides of the issue, many more would do the right thing.

From what I know from friends over there, the elder generation still believes in Mao and the CCP rhetoric, but the younger generations, especially those who grew up in the 90s and early 2000s are less supportive of the CCP BS, but have no way to safely dissent.

Unfortunately, as the CCP becomes more and more dogmatic and restrictive (and continues to whip up nationalist rhetoric), it's going to make future generations more distrustful/hateful of the West.