Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:33 am

Thanos Thanos:
Keep every single penny of Russian money that's been frozen, both the funds of the oligarchs and of the Russian state itself. Never return that money, ever, after the fighting's over. Tell them it's permanently lost to them and will be used for rebuilding and infrastructure projects all over the fucking planet, especially in Ukraine. That should put a chill into whatever dark disgusting voids those Russian bastards have inside them that pass for souls. :evil:

R=UP

Agreed - every single cent should be used to rebuild the Ukraine and help its citizens. If there's anything left after rebuilding all those destroyed schools, hospitals, apartment buildings, roads, bridges, homes, shopping centres, etc., it can then be used as reparations to Ukrainian citizens for Russian war crimes and genocide.

We can even start right now by selling every oligarch's seized yacht, apartment, villa, vehicle, etc.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:09 pm

WHO chief blames racism for greater focus on Ukraine than Ethiopia

I'm sure nukes have nothing to do with it. :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:19 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune_(cruise_missile)

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:30 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Thanos Thanos:
Keep every single penny of Russian money that's been frozen, both the funds of the oligarchs and of the Russian state itself. Never return that money, ever, after the fighting's over. Tell them it's permanently lost to them and will be used for rebuilding and infrastructure projects all over the fucking planet, especially in Ukraine. That should put a chill into whatever dark disgusting voids those Russian bastards have inside them that pass for souls. :evil:

R=UP

Agreed - every single cent should be used to rebuild the Ukraine and help its citizens. If there's anything left after rebuilding all those destroyed schools, hospitals, apartment buildings, roads, bridges, homes, shopping centres, etc., it can then be used as reparations to Ukrainian citizens for Russian war crimes and genocide.

We can even start right now by selling every oligarch's seized yacht, apartment, villa, vehicle, etc.

I do not recall any American billionaires having their property confiscated when the U.S. invaded Iraq. I do not recall any foreign businesses leaving the U.S. I do not recall any major boycotts of American products. I heard a little bitching here, and a little whining there......and that was it. As an American living in the U.S. I can state that there was ZERO repercussions to me on a day to day basis. My stock portfolio did not tank. I did not get laid off, my hours did not get cut. The only minor inconvenience that I can recall was cancelling a planned trip to Ireland. It was an awesome trip that included airfare, rental car, and a map of included bed and breakfasts. No reservations required, just show up at any of the bed and breakfasts on the list. This was at the very beginning of the war. I seen people in Ireland protesting the war on tv. It was supposed to be a vacation. I did not want to be arguing or talking politics with everyone on vacation. So I booked the cheapest all inclusive vacation to Aruba that I have ever had. I had already moved on to the Dominican Republic for winter Carribean trips as the winter prices in Aruba were climbing to high. People were afraid to fly. Thousands of flights were canceled when the war started. The island was deserted, and the prices were the lowest that I had ever seen in my travels there, ever. Absolutely NO ONE working on the island was talking politics as the island was starving for tourists. There had to be a standing order from the Aruba ministry of tourism to shut the fuck up as there was no mention of the war any where. Papers, tv, radio, nothing. Only foreign feeds were covering the war. Unlike Ireland, Aruba is heavily dependent on tourism. It is their number one industry. So my "punishment" as an American was to vacation in paradise for the lowest price that I had ever paid to go there. It actually got me going back to the island again although I have started going in the summer as its their low season.

All this venom for Russia. Foreign businesses leaving. Russian airlines not allowed entry. Embargos, boycotts, seizures, etc.,......where was all this punishment when the U.S. was the one doing the invading? What is different now? I am not trying to be a smartass, its a legit question. Is it because the people in Ukraine are white? Christian? Traditional dislike of Russia?

I see a talking head on tv saying that Putin is a war criminal, and needs to be brought to justice. ANYONE who invades his neighbor is a "war criminal" that should be arrested, tried, and imprisoned he states. Yet this same talking head was one of the biggest supporters of the U.S. invasion of Iraq. I call bullshit!!! As an American I do not feel as though the U.S. learned NOT to invade other countries. We learned to not be in the "nation building" business, and that is about it. Americans have had more than enough of making the world safe for democracy. We have had our fill of fighting for people to lazy or apathetic to fight their own battles. Going somewhere to put some boot in some ass of someone who is pissing us off is another story altogether. That is where the trouble lies. Its still too easy for certain people to make it look like we have some heat with someone. Politicians and the talking heads know how to exploit that. Can it happen again? Sure, I think so. Had the world made it much more expensive to invade Iraq, than there would be less chance of something like that happening again. The vast majority of Americans did not lose anything or suffer any repercussions whatsoever over the invasion of Iraq. I lost 10 minutes rescheduling my vacation, that was all.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:22 pm

Scape Scape:
NEW - The Russian Foreign Ministry has sanctioned 87 Canadian Senators.

They've been placed on a "black list" that doesn't allow them to enter the country because of "Russiaphobic" actions taken by the Canadian government

Who are the other 18?

I have not been placed on that list, yet. :twisted:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHqTn2S ... WL&index=2

This is EXACTLY like Japan in WW2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZH-9Vy ... WL&index=3

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySyx-7C ... WL&index=4

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:27 pm

rickc rickc:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Thanos Thanos:

R=UP

I do not recall any American billionaires having their property confiscated when the U.S. invaded Iraq. I do not recall any foreign businesses leaving the U.S. I do not recall any major boycotts of American products. I heard a little bitching here, and a little whining there......and that was it. As an American living in the U.S. I can state that there was ZERO repercussions to me on a day to day basis. My stock portfolio did not tank. I did not get laid off, my hours did not get cut. The only minor inconvenience that I can recall was cancelling a planned trip to Ireland. It was an awesome trip that included airfare, rental car, and a map of included bed and breakfasts. No reservations required, just show up at any of the bed and breakfasts on the list. This was at the very beginning of the war. I seen people in Ireland protesting the war on tv. It was supposed to be a vacation. I did not want to be arguing or talking politics with everyone on vacation. So I booked the cheapest all inclusive vacation to Aruba that I have ever had. I had already moved on to the Dominican Republic for winter Carribean trips as the winter prices in Aruba were climbing to high. People were afraid to fly. Thousands of flights were canceled when the war started. The island was deserted, and the prices were the lowest that I had ever seen in my travels there, ever. Absolutely NO ONE working on the island was talking politics as the island was starving for tourists. There had to be a standing order from the Aruba ministry of tourism to shut the fuck up as there was no mention of the war any where. Papers, tv, radio, nothing. Only foreign feeds were covering the war. Unlike Ireland, Aruba is heavily dependent on tourism. It is their number one industry. So my "punishment" as an American was to vacation in paradise for the lowest price that I had ever paid to go there. It actually got me going back to the island again although I have started going in the summer as its their low season.

All this venom for Russia. Foreign businesses leaving. Russian airlines not allowed entry. Embargos, boycotts, seizures, etc.,......where was all this punishment when the U.S. was the one doing the invading? What is different now? I am not trying to be a smartass, its a legit question. Is it because the people in Ukraine are white? Christian? Traditional dislike of Russia?

I see a talking head on tv saying that Putin is a war criminal, and needs to be brought to justice. ANYONE who invades his neighbor is a "war criminal" that should be arrested, tried, and imprisoned he states. Yet this same talking head was one of the biggest supporters of the U.S. invasion of Iraq. I call bullshit!!! As an American I do not feel as though the U.S. learned NOT to invade other countries. We learned to not be in the "nation building" business, and that is about it. Americans have had more than enough of making the world safe for democracy. We have had our fill of fighting for people to lazy or apathetic to fight their own battles. Going somewhere to put some boot in some ass of someone who is pissing us off is another story altogether. That is where the trouble lies. Its still too easy for certain people to make it look like we have some heat with someone. Politicians and the talking heads know how to exploit that. Can it happen again? Sure, I think so. Had the world made it much more expensive to invade Iraq, than there would be less chance of something like that happening again. The vast majority of Americans did not lose anything or suffer any repercussions whatsoever over the invasion of Iraq. I lost 10 minutes rescheduling my vacation, that was all.

The global protests against the US invasion of Iraq in 2003 were probably the largest in history. I know I went to a few. But if you watched American news they didn't show it. And, agreed, Rumsfeld should still be in jail for Abu Ghraib. It was a sad day for America and even now--and rightly so--critics of action against Russia are quick to point out that massive failure.

Also, I would hardly say that the people of Ukraine are "too lazy or apathetic to fight their own battles." I'm not sure how you possibly got that take. Unlike Saddam and others like, Zelenskey did not disappear with suitcases full of cash. He stayed to lead the fight.

Most of the deaths in Iraq came about from the hamfisted way the US and it's "coalition of the willing" mismanaged the country after the fall of the regime. Tens of thousands died in sectarian infighting and indiscriminate bombings.

The Russian invasion is different. The American forces did not execute civilians as a means to terrorize the population. They did not use rape as a weapon of war. They did not deliberately bombard civilian areas. The Americans had specific objectives and no one was concerned that they were going to start attacking all their neighbors, as Putin keeps threatening to do. Also, Iraq was not a nuclear superpower.

The US is a part of NATO, a military alliance. Yes, the country is inwardly focussed right now with its culture wars and the aftermath of an attempted coup in the last election. But the terms of that alliance are that an attack on a NATO member is an attack on all NATO members. There is a lot of evidence that Putin already considers Russia at war with NATO, so it is not unlikely he will attack against a NATO target. And then we may have a state of war between nuclear superpowers.

That is nothing like Iraq.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6419 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 136  137  138  139  140  141  142 ... 428  Next