Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:23 pm

Irrespective of religion, South Asia is one of the most misogynistic places on the planet. Add in fundamentalist Sunni Islam supported by a brutal class system and a corrupt military using sectarianism for its own ends and the results are exactly as you would expect. How brave - some would say mad - are these women who dare defy such forces?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:05 am

Does Pakistan have a class system similar to India's?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:07 am

xerxes xerxes:
stratos stratos:
Sunnyways Sunnyways:
These are real heroes, putting their safety on the line.

I think the term hero is used way to often. In this case YES they are hero's. I hope this years march is twice the size from last year just in defiance of the threats that have been made.

Agreed. The women marching are very brave to do so. And while large parts of the country are still too backwards, it shows how much progress has been made. A march like this would have been unthinkable a decade ago.

I have a friend who did some missionary work there about 10 years ago. Can't wait to talk to her about this march and such things.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:33 am

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
Irrespective of religion, South Asia is one of the most misogynistic places on the planet. Add in fundamentalist Sunni Islam supported by a brutal class system and a corrupt military using sectarianism for its own ends and the results are exactly as you would expect. How brave - some would say mad - are these women who dare defy such forces?

You didn't take your pills, sir? What non sense you're continuously spitting on this forum?

Do you Mr. Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan, was a Shia, not sunni?

Do you know Asif ali Zardari, once president of Pakistan, was also Shia?

Do you know Pakistan has right now, Alvi guy, as president? Alvis are non Sunnis and are close to shia sect.....

So much for being FUNdamentalist Sunnis?

Do you also know Pakistan has great number of Shia soldiers and commanders in military? Why doesn't Shia soldiers rebel against Pakistan? if Pakistanis were of sectarian nature, they would have had jumped in yemen war where Saudis are busing in killing houthi shia rebels but despite Saudis wanted...WE refused.

Yemen conflict: Pakistan rebuffs Saudi coalition call

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32246547

Pakistani military, like any other military, has some issues just like any organization will have. Nothing specific.

For every woman on street, there are 10 women in homes, watching this all and condemning this march....Not because the demands are not right but the way it is being asked. Women here are also not liking Marvi Sarmed, a feminist champion and a big supporter of this march.

Pakistani women are brave and we take pride on our women.

Some idiots threw stone on those women and that is a sad thing. I condemn it.

And what caste system you're taking about?

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Video of the violence as reported by an apparent Pakistani news source:

I absolutely condemn it...Thanks to Islamabad Police, situation was under control.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:36 am

stratos stratos:

It doesn’t have a formal caste system but who your family are matters a lot:

Contrary to popular belief, caste in Pakistan has been a means of systematic discrimination. The lower castes here are Pakistan’s downtrodden, including Massalis also known as Muslim Sheikhs, Choorahs who are majority Christian and Chamars or Changars who are also called Deendars if they practice Islam. In Punjab and Sindh these include the scheduled Hindu castes that serve as farm workers and bonded laborers.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/357765/pak ... -struggle/

http://www.researchcollective.org/Docum ... r_Race.pdf

Last edited by Sunnyways on Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:40 am

Fighter Fighter:
For every woman on street, there are 10 women in homes, watching this all and condemning this march....Not because the demands are not right but the way it is being asked.

What way is that?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:45 am

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
stratos stratos:

It doesn’t have a formal caste system but who your family are matters a lot:

https://tribune.com.pk/story/357765/pak ... -struggle/

http://www.researchcollective.org/Docum ... r_Race.pdf

No, it doesn't matter a lot until you are in really remote isolated village of Pakistan.

Pakistanis are quite religious and Islam strictly forbids them regarding making or believing in castes....Heck, the birth of Pakistan was due to side effects of caste system and hence Pakistanis by nature, don't like caste discrimination.

Jinnah's father was humiliated because of his caste....Hence he accepted Islam and then gave birth to a man who formed the first nation state on planet earth on basis of Islam :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:01 am

Fighter Fighter:
For every woman on street, there are 10 women in homes, watching this all and condemning this march.

When the American suffragettes were protesting on the streets of America and being thrown in jail for it during the Woodrow Wilson era, the majority of American women at home were opposed to them.

So congratulations I guess. You've caught up with America of the early 1900s. Did you want a high-five?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:10 am

As in India, shadeism is a national pastime. Whiter is better.

http://feministing.com/2012/03/15/shade ... nt-better/

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:18 am

Tricks Tricks:
Fighter Fighter:
For every woman on street, there are 10 women in homes, watching this all and condemning this march....Not because the demands are not right but the way it is being asked.

What way is that?

The whole attention which could have been on how women in rural areas feel demotivated, facing problems in inheritance of property etc...all this got lost on writing stupid slogans like

My body my choice

Put (dick) but with love.

stop insulting trash by calling men trash.

and more....two articles, I love on this - one is written by Indian judge who was following Pakistan women march

Objectionable slogans for Aurat March

https://indicanews.com/2020/03/08/objectionable-slogans-for-aurat-march/

Aurat March — derogatory slogans and the media houses

https://dailytimes.com.pk/574123/aurat-march-derogatory-slogans-and-the-media-houses/

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:20 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Fighter Fighter:
For every woman on street, there are 10 women in homes, watching this all and condemning this march.

When the American suffragettes were protesting on the streets of America and being thrown in jail for it during the Woodrow Wilson era, the majority of American women at home were opposed to them.

So congratulations I guess. You've caught up with America of the early 1900s. Did you want a high-five?

You didn't quote my all comment. Women are condemning the way the stupid organizers put their point across....not having any problem with demands actually.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:22 am

You first say this:

"Nope..They are not putting their safety on the line. No one threatened them on their lives."

Then later you say this:

"Some idiots threw stone on those women and that is a sad thing. I condemn it."

So which is it? You always come on and say something we notice in an article is NOT true than latter admit it is true. You always attempt to change the subject of discussion when it is something you don't want to hear or read about.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:34 am

I went to Aurat March and This is What I Saw - The Wide Side

Everything That Happened At Aurat March | Haute Bites | Something Haute

I believe translation would do good for you guys but I am sorry, will be difficult for me.

Some english sentences do come out from Pakistani mouth so watching it may be interesting for you :)

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:36 am

stratos stratos:
You first say this:

"Nope..They are not putting their safety on the line. No one threatened them on their lives."

Then later you say this:

"Some idiots threw stone on those women and that is a sad thing. I condemn it."

So which is it? You always come on and say something we notice in an article is NOT true than latter admit it is true. You always attempt to change the subject of discussion when it is something you don't want to hear or read about.

Well tell me how much chances are there of deaths in case of stone pelting?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:36 am

Pakistan is a unique country. I’ve posted the following story before but it deserves a second look:

$1:
At least three patients died on Wednesday after hundreds of lawyers besieged a cardiac hospital in Lahore, Pakistan, for hours — attacking doctors, guards and other staff and setting several vehicles ablaze, officials said.

The origins of the clash are not entirely clear, but it seems to stem from a scuffle last month between doctors and a lawyer that was captured on surveillance video. Since then, lawyers have been demanding some kind of action against the doctors, and on Wednesday that culminated in the brutal attack.

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/11/78710947 ... 3-patients

Lawyers attacking hospital staff for hours...not something one comes across every day. So should those women be afraid? I’m going with yes.

Last edited by Sunnyways on Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.