Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:10 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Tricks Tricks:
Do you think it's a coincidence that after the vaccine was introduced the rates of the disease plummeted?

Of course not. So why have both of our countries refused to resume the stringent vaccination standards for immigrants that we had up until this past decade?

I actually agree with that. That should be part of the immigration process.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:11 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

In any case it either works or it doesn't.

That's not how it works at all.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:23 pm

Tricks Tricks:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

It works 100% for polio except when people contract polio from the vaccine itself.

It works 100% for the DTAP vaccine.

Friggin' smallpox vaccination worked 100% as well.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:41 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Tricks Tricks:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

It works 100% for polio except when people contract polio from the vaccine itself.

It works 100% for the DTAP vaccine.

False equivalency. Every disease is not the same.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:49 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Tricks Tricks:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

95% efficiency.
https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/vaccine-basics/index.html

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:57 pm

llama66 llama66:

I'm looking at the data sets I have access to.

We've got full datasets going back to 1989 and specific datasets for selected diseases going back to 1946.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:03 pm

Nothing is 100%. (Except the fact I’ll people money tomorrow)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:37 pm

llama66 llama66:
If I had a child and that child got measles from a child who's parents were anti-vaxxers; I'd fucking choke those parents to death with my bare hands.

....but in order for your child to get measels wouldn’t that mean you ALSO neglected to vaccinate your child?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:09 pm

Not necessarily.

.01% of inoculated children still get measles if exposed. So by not vaccinating your child you are not only putting the non vaccinated children at risk you're playing russian roulette with the rest of the inoculated ones.

$1:
“But you still have 1 percent of people who have two doses of the vaccine who we call non-responders,” Patsy Stinchfield, director of Infection Prevention and Control and the Children’s Immunization Project at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota.

Think about it this way. Say there was a massive measles outbreak, and 1 million people were infected. Roughly 10,000 of those people who had received both doses would still get sick.

In the case of the Disneyland outbreak, four of the measles patients had received the full two doses; two had received only one dose.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/who ... aybe-think

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:32 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Not necessarily.

.01% of inoculated children still get measles if exposed. So by not vaccinating your child you are not only putting the non vaccinated children at risk you're playing russian roulette with the rest of the inoculated ones.

$1:
“But you still have 1 percent of people who have two doses of the vaccine who we call non-responders,” Patsy Stinchfield, director of Infection Prevention and Control and the Children’s Immunization Project at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota.

Think about it this way. Say there was a massive measles outbreak, and 1 million people were infected. Roughly 10,000 of those people who had received both doses would still get sick.

In the case of the Disneyland outbreak, four of the measles patients had received the full two doses; two had received only one dose.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/who ... aybe-think

And that's where herd immunity comes in to protect them. Measles is so virulent that it takes something like 99% immunization to prevent huge outbreaks.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:42 am

The father needs to be charged with attempted first degree murder.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:28 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
It's not the vaccinated people who have to worry about the unvaccinated; it's the people who can't be vaccinated or who's immune systems won't protect them.

Then someone who is not vaccinated poses no threat to your kids who are vaccinated.

Wrong. Vaccines may not be 100% effective. Like I wrote before, herd immunity is also very important to reduce the spread. The unvaccinated can also be carriers that spread diseases long before it affects them.

https://www.chop.edu/news/feature-artic ... -pose-risk

^ This.

Also it’s been argued that anri-vacxers are violating their children’s rights. Even though parents have certain rights over their children those children still have rights - for example a parent doesn’t have the right to neglect or abuse their child as they please, they have a legal obligation to provide a certain level of care.

Many have argued that refusing to vaccinate your children against diseases that cause serious illness, death or disability is a violation of that responsibility similar to refusing to provide a child with adequate food or shelter or medical care. I guess we could just wait for the kids to get sick and then jail the parents afterwards but after-the-fact interventions don’t really help anyone. Better to prevent it from happening in the first place.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:12 pm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... reddit.com

Measles returned to Costa Rica after five years by French family who had not had vaccinations

Jesus fucking Christ. How about this, new laws. You don't vaccinate your kid against preventable diseases (without good reason, supported by a doctor) and your kid gets a preventable disease, you get charged with criminal negligence. Your kid dies? You get charged with criminal negligence causing death. Your kid infects another kid? You get another charge of negligence. That kid dies? Another charge causing death.

While we're at it, include fucktarded Jehovah's witnesses. If they refuse blood transfusion and their kid dies, off to jail you fuckers.

We've already done it to morons thing "natural medicine" will treat shit, and have shipped parents off to jail when their kid dies. Time to expand it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:17 pm

I figure that because the developing countries have recent knowledge of these diseases and the horrible things they can do they take it much more seriously that we in the sub-moronic postmodern West do. More of this and resort countries will probably be demanding that tourists provide full immunization records before they're allowed to vacation there:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ccine.html

$1:
Costa Rica had been proudly free of the measles for five years. But all that changed this week thanks to a five-year-old boy and his parents from France who went to the Central American country on holiday on February 18. Now health authorities in the country have put the boy and his parents, who are aged 30 and 35, into quarantine and are trying to locate anybody the family may have infected.

Authorities are especially trying to locate the 311 people who flew on the 12-hour Air France flight to Costa Rica, according to local newspaper La Nación. Several workers at the hotel where the family stayed for one night have been vaccinated against the disease.

The French family had gone to a private doctor in Costa Rica to ask about their child’s rash and said then that other students at their school have had measles, according to the Costa Rica Star.

The last time Costa Rica had a case of measles was in 2014, and that was imported as well. The last measles case that originated in Costa Rica was in 2006.

It isn’t clear why the French boy and his mother were not vaccinated against the measles but it does come at a time when the World Health Organization has listed “vaccine hesitancy” as one of the top 10 global health threats this year.

Idiocy. Sheer selfish fucking idiocy. There should be fines or jail-time involved for parents who engage in this anti-vaxx insanity or just don't get it done because they're too lazy/distracted/stupid. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:50 pm

And another one in Edmonton, courtesy of some knob from Vancouver. Yes, not only do I have an infectious disease but I think I'll go travelling via air, bus, and taxi while I'm sick, and visit a crowded Walmart as well!

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local- ... ctious-ahs

Clearly we are now stuck in the stupidest of all possible world. It's now a free-fall into total society-wide retardation. :roll: