Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:58 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Yeah typical CBC

Cold snap, it's not man made climate change

Warm snap, Ooooh, hide your daughters..... more evidence of man made climate change

You wrote 2 sentences and have 2 fails.

Just THAT cold snap wasn’t due to CC.

And our unbearable long hot summer was not a “snap”

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:50 pm

From the CBC

$1:
Son of the blob': Unseasonably warm weather creating new anomaly off B.C. coast
'It just begs the question of how much of this is linked to climate change

$1:
Recent cold snap can't be blamed on climate change, study finds

Seems you forgot the late spring and early autumn of this year.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:02 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Yeah typical CBC

Cold snap, it's not man made climate change

Warm snap, Ooooh, hide your daughters..... more evidence of man made climate change

You wrote 2 sentences and have 2 fails.

Just THAT cold snap wasn’t due to CC.

And our unbearable long hot summer was not a “snap”

When you say "our" you must be talking about your local weather.

Fair enough. As I remember "ours" it wasn't that bad down here in Sockeye country. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks where it peaked over 30. Let me tell you about that drizzly cold winter that refused to end though. Now that sucked. Too bad the CBC didn't have a snappy little label for whatever that was.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:22 am

The more I read these forums, the more I realize that the human race is doomed. The one and only thing that made humans successful was our ability to learn, reason, and problem solve better that the much physically stronger life on Earth.

Now for some reason the population of nincompoops has skyrocketed. Facts aren’t facts. Science isn’t scientific. Opinions somehow carry equal weight to exhaustively proven truths. And worst of all, the very idea of intelligent academic knowledge is shit on as if our brightest minds devoting their lives to the pursuit of knowledge and truth is somehow a negative. Uneducated pinheads that watched a YouTube video believe they know better than people with double their IQ, who have dedicated a lifetime researching, investigating, and debating with other top minds – people with such a deep understanding of their chosen field that you could no better comprehend their research than you could mathematically disprove the theory of relativity.

But nope. The imbeciles elect people like Trump, because simpletons makes them “feel” smarter. They think to themselves, “Those academics aren’t so smart. Using their fancy words, degrees, and logic I can’t begin to understand without finishing high school, and taking 5 years of University. Making me feel dumb all the time for not understanding ‘smart stuff’. But this guy, he talks like I do. So if he’s leader, then that means I’m just as smart, nay, smarter, than all those educated types”.

Queue end of the world.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:30 am

This was one of the coolest summers I can recall in Sacramento.

Not one day over 110F this year and only eight days over 100F for the whole year.

And I am not complaining about it but the tomato crop and the grape harvests were a bit off this year because of the cool weather.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:50 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
This was one of the coolest summers I can recall in Sacramento.

Not one day over 110F this year and only eight days over 100F for the whole year.

And I am not complaining about it but the tomato crop and the grape harvests were a bit off this year because of the cool weather.

What?

You heretic. Do you not know California is in the path of "the Blob" as proclaimed by the new faith of what must now be called "The Science."

This is new "science" sinner. Not the old, just plain sciencey, science of the scientific method. This science has prophecy and new super-duper-magic computer models and they say if you are not prepared to one day sign your property and personal freedom over to Prog and his globalist overlords the world will be destroyed by nice weather- maybe in a 100 years, maybe two, but eventually and then boy oh boy, won't you be sorry.