Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:16 pm

desertdude desertdude:
And yet no thread on 5 people shot in another mass shooting at the Capital Gazette because white non muslim fella. Bet that thread would be twice as long as this if it were a brown muzzie fella but my favourite US President already tweeted thoughts and prayers so it must be alright.

How can you do that, Bud?

Lie flat-out to the face of anybody who wanted to take 20 seconds to check?

http://www.canadaka.net/link.php?id=105713

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:48 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
desertdude desertdude:
And yet no thread on 5 people shot in another mass shooting at the Capital Gazette because white non muslim fella. Bet that thread would be twice as long as this if it were a brown muzzie fella but my favourite US President already tweeted thoughts and prayers so it must be alright.

That’s not a forim thread. It’s just a news link.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:52 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Man this place is going down the shitter real fast, 12 pages of first crying that someone wasn't served and the rest defending someone who ran into a crowd of people on purpose killing a person with all sorts of verbal and mental gymnastics.

We tend to only do shooting threads when there's a larger body count or when some 2nd Amendment hyper-fan wipes out a room full of children. Hate to say it in such a cold-blooded manner but five casualties is not a lot in an American incident, not given how loaded-up with near military grade firepower the loons are these days. That's no slight against the victims, that's just not uncommon. In Chicago this weekend alone there'll probably be thirty shot and eight to ten dead just from handgun use but there won't be a separate discussion of it because it's no longer an uncommon or unique incident.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:16 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
That’s not a forim thread. It’s just a news link.

Jeez, notice a lie and zoom, you're here like somebody said Beetlejuice. :lol:

It was a forum thread waiting for a reply. Now it's a forum thread with a reply.

Enjoy. :wink:

Newspaper reporter resigns after wrongly claiming Annapolis shooter wore MAGA hat

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:47 pm

It's a retrograde step. The poor woman has a difficult enough life already telling makey-ups all day. In the end, she's just doing a job like a lawyer defendiing some ghastly perp.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:55 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Tricks Tricks:
So... You don't condemn murdering someone for protesting and blocking the road. Just so we are clear.
It is entirely possible to hit someone with your vehicle without killing them.
Of course if the police were actually made to enforce the law, people getting run down while protesting might be less of an issue.

Or just issue a proclamation that ANYONE blocking traffic of any kind without a permit will be arrested, charged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

So you don't condemn assault with a deadly weapon for blocking a road during a protest.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:02 pm

Not moving out of your way is aggressive behaviour. At that point I have every right to do what I feel is needed to protect myself and any other occupants I have in the car.

Check out this aggressive behaviour.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:43 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Politics? The political views of speed bumps are irrelevant.

Note that I feel the same about cops who step in front of people's cars in order to justify murdering them.

It's not about the politics, it's about the physics.

Stepping in front of large moving objects is never a bright idea.

By the way, protesting by blocking a speeding train ain't so bright, either.

Interesting. Referring to the liberal woman run over as a "speed bump." Again, with the dehumanization effort. It's so textbook fascist that I'm actually fascinated by the process.

You spoke in a generality:

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Well the way I see it Bart and Fiddle are expressly supporting murder of people due to their politics. In a way, it's kind of relieving, because at least now it's out in the open, and statements like that convince me that I'm on the right side.

And I responded with a generality.

Now you wish to twist that around as if I was specifically referring to Heather Heyer when I was not.

You owe me an apology.

If you weren't my mistake. But I won't apologize for calling out this blatant gaslighting--the idea that this woman "stepped in front of" the car. That's not what happened.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:09 am

Tricks Tricks:
Not moving out of your way is aggressive behaviour. At that point I have every right to do what I feel is needed to protect myself and any other occupants I have in the car.

That's a Chinese racket sport called "squash".

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:20 am

Thanos Thanos:
desertdude desertdude:
Man this place is going down the shitter real fast, 12 pages of first crying that someone wasn't served and the rest defending someone who ran into a crowd of people on purpose killing a person with all sorts of verbal and mental gymnastics.

We tend to only do shooting threads when there's a larger body count or when some 2nd Amendment hyper-fan wipes out a room full of children. Hate to say it in such a cold-blooded manner but five casualties is not a lot in an American incident, not given how loaded-up with near military grade firepower the loons are these days. That's no slight against the victims, that's just not uncommon. In Chicago this weekend alone there'll probably be thirty shot and eight to ten dead just from handgun use but there won't be a separate discussion of it because it's no longer an uncommon or unique incident.

Sadly Thanos you are correct. :(

I was going to upload the story because I surprised no one else had but then noticed that xerxes had already brought it up and posted a news link in the trumpocalypse thread and discussion about it had already begun there so I didn't bother creating another thread.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:51 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
desertdude desertdude:

Please keep this in mind next time you repeat/share something from a blog or a nutter site without doing any fact checking.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:03 am

Coach85 Coach85:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
desertdude desertdude:

Please keep this in mind next time you repeat/share something from a blog or a nutter site without doing any fact checking.

Good Luck with that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:28 am

Tricks Tricks:

Right, because your car offers the same protection as an MBT. Notice the big crowd of demonstrators as well. I mean it's a goddam good thing buddy was in a tank because his health and safety were clearly at potential risk.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:06 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Yes, I'm sure most reasonable people would watch that whole thing transpire and agree that the "real issue" is that the aggressor was not the avowed Nazi deliberately plowing his car into a crowd at high speed, the real aggressor here was the woman unlawfully standing in a roadway.

Your hatred has gotten the better of your common sense, I'm afraid.
Um, if you watch the video really closely, you'll see that the driver was driving normally, until some idiot took a big swing at his car with what appears to be a baseball bat. He veered to the right, at which point the mob started closing in on him and that's when he sped up. But I guess it's okay when a bunch of left-wing fascists with nothing better to do than cause shit gets all threatening and violent. That's justified.

I can think of nothing quite as ridiculous as left-wing fascists thinking they hold some kind of moral high ground because hey, at least they aren't racists. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:21 am

Now, back to the topic at hand. I guess it's now okay to discriminate against muslims because of what they believe? I mean if we can now discriminate against someone for their political beliefs, it makes zero sense that you can't for their religious beliefs.

In fact, let's scrap anti-discrimination laws when it comes to dealing with customers. Instead, we can replace those laws with legislation requiring businesses to list who they're likely to discriminate against and why. Just makes it easier for the consumer to decide who to give their business to.
And prissy little business owning snowflakes (on BOTH sides of the spectrum) won't have to be offended by some customer's race, gender, colour, sexual preference or religious and political beliefs anymore.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 10  11  12  13  14  Next