canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Title: Nevada police say woman went to school playground with ax, threatened to kill everyone
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2018-02-28 16:23:33

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:26 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/27/ne ... ryone.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:28 pm

"A woman in Nevada who reportedly carried a pickaxe as she shouted threats at a playground where hundreds of children were playing has been arrested.

Kisstal Killough, 33, was allegedly carrying the hand tool and screaming threats as she climbed a chain link fence around noon on Tuesday to enter the Tom Williams Elementary School playground in North Las Vegas, Fox 5 Las Vegas reported."

$1:
A public information officer with the North Las Vegas Police Department said there were 200 children on the playground during the incident, in which Killough was shouting she was going to murder everyone, according to KSNV.

When officers reportedly arrived one minute later, Killough jumped off the fence, dropped the pickaxe and surrendered peacefully.

Killough, according to police, was mentally impaired during the incident — possibly under the influence of drugs.

In a letter sent home to parents, school Principal Kristie Cole said that Killough "did not harm anyone or cause any damage to the school," and was reported to police after staff and students noticed her.

Arrest records show Killough was taken into custody on charges of assault with a deadly weapon, trespass, nuisance and loitering on school property.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:02 pm

...and...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:02 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
...and...

....wait for it.....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:22 pm

what, fifeboy and Thanos, you don't care that kids were put into danger by an ax wielding phyco? You wont care till someone dies and then ....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:52 pm

I was waiting for an inevitable "hey, why aren't the progtards and other commies calling for axe control the way they do for gun control?" sort of response. As for not caring about kids getting killed by maniacs with weapons? Well, that general feeling belongs pretty much entirely to the other side, wouldn't you say, since they've done everything the could to ensure that practically nothing can ever be done to prevent it. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:34 am

Thanos Thanos:
I was waiting for an inevitable "hey, why aren't the progtards and other commies calling for axe control the way they do for gun control?" sort of response. As for not caring about kids getting killed by maniacs with weapons? Well, that general feeling belongs pretty much entirely to the other side, wouldn't you say, since they've done everything the could to ensure that practically nothing can ever be done to prevent it. :|

Ah okay I was taking your earlier comment down a whole different route. As for the second half well there is this nasty little fact that is being over looked. Soon after Sandy Hook shootings we had an election where the Dems took control of the House and the Senate. This means any laws they put forth could not be blocked by the Republicans. Yet did they pass any gun laws at that time? Remember Sandy Hook was still fresh on everyone's mind. If the Dems were serious about gun control they could have done something then.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:35 am

Thanos I"m not telling you to not answer but I apologize for taking this thread off track.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:23 am

Are you talking about Florida, because the GOP's had both federal Houses of Congress under their control since the 2010 midterms. Sandy Hook happened in 2012, just a month or so after the November general election, where the GOP retained congressional control.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:47 am

In Canada, as 15th generation lumberjacks, we're taught how to deal with an axe wielding idiot. We make like trees and leave.

It doesn't work as well with bullets though.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:49 am

Thanos Thanos:
Are you talking about Florida, because the GOP's had both federal Houses of Congress under their control since the 2010 midterms. Sandy Hook happened in 2012, just a month or so after the November general election, where the GOP retained congressional control.

Damn you and your blasted facts!! GOP doesn't like facts. They like emotion, and feelings, and good old fashioned opinions. Keep your facts to yourself!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:24 am

stratos stratos:
what, fifeboy and Thanos, you don't care that kids were put into danger by an ax wielding phyco? You wont care till someone dies and then ....

No, I was waiting for the usual dog doo about mass murderers using all sorts of weapons to kill the innocents. If only the kids, little old ladies, crossing guards and junk yard dogs had been packing...
And by the way dude, thanks for noting the lack of casualty in this case.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:27 am

Oh, I get it!
Axes must be outlawed!!

$1:
When officers reportedly arrived one minute later,
LOL

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am

CharlesAnthony CharlesAnthony:
Oh, I get it!
Axes must be outlawed!!

$1:
When officers reportedly arrived one minute later,
LOL

Oh, I get it, the only thing people around here want banned is you.