Category: Political
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2016-11-24 12:35:59
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:42 pm

What an utter load of bullshit. He spends millions and millions to renovate and repair his "ancestral" home, then wants to build himself and his family another residence on our dime. I guess living in the Castle isn't good enough for a young, selfie taking, hipster drama teacher like himself.

$1:
The report says there is also a proposal to spend another $11.99 million to erect a new building on the site, replacing a pool house built for Pierre Trudeau in 1975.

It says the existing pool house would be demolished and replaced by new living quarters for the prime minister, leaving the existing residence to accommodate state and support functions.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3086119/repai ... 8m-report/

And saying they're gonna use 24 Sussex as a place to accommodate state and support functions flies in the face of what we were led to believe when this self aggrandising first family of Canada was elected.

"They'll live somewhere else while — not decor, not fancy stuff — just plumbing and roofs and all the things that keep a house standing [are repaired]."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... -1.3285314

This goes alot farther than just fixing up the place up liked claimed, doesn't it?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:06 pm

That's a good deal to be honest.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
What an utter load of bullshit. He spends millions and millions to renovate and repair his "ancestral" home, then wants to build himself and his family another residence on our dime. I guess living in the Castle isn't good enough for a young, selfie taking, hipster drama teacher like himself.

$1:
The report says there is also a proposal to spend another $11.99 million to erect a new building on the site, replacing a pool house built for Pierre Trudeau in 1975.

It says the existing pool house would be demolished and replaced by new living quarters for the prime minister, leaving the existing residence to accommodate state and support functions.

And saying they're gonna use 24 Sussex as a place to accommodate state and support functions flies in the face of what we were led to believe when this self aggrandising first family of Canada was elected.

"They'll live somewhere else while — not decor, not fancy stuff — just plumbing and roofs and all the things that keep a house standing [are repaired]."

This goes alot farther than just fixing up the place up liked claimed, doesn't it?

Yep, we should just let the place fall apart. No real need for an official residence. The PM can just take foreign officials to Tims.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:33 pm

Maybe they should knocking the fucking thing down and build a state of the art Prime Minister residence.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:01 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:

$1:

Yep, we should just let the place fall apart. No real need for an official residence. The PM can just take foreign officials to Tims.

:roll:

Did you read the articles or did you just go into automatic Liberal defense mode?

They are fixing up 24 Sussex drive to the tune of nearly 14 million dollars but, these special people are planing on spending another 12 million of our tax dollars to build a "new" residence in which to reside.

But here's the question. If the elitist drama teacher really needs another residence in which to reside so he can impress foreign dignitaries by letting them stay in the PM's Official residence, why doesn't he just use the other official residence in Harrington Lake Estates in Gatineau Que. Of course fixing that one up to his mothers standards would probably cost us another 15 million.

Oh, and given that most of the people he's trying to impress have UN attached to their title I'm pretty sure taking them to the local Tim Horton's would be a step up.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:57 pm

D

Last edited by Lemmy on Mon May 01, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:22 pm

Did you read the articles or did you just go into automatic Liberal defense mode

:lol: You are kidding...right :lol: Liberal defense mode my ass...what part of "Don't Blame Me...I voted NDP" don't you understand :lol:

What I did say though was that the PM, no matter what party he represents should have nice digs.
Did someone say TDS? :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:47 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:

$1:

Hehe. Ok, I admit, I laughed.

He would really be slumming it if he brought world leaders to Coffee Time though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:15 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:

Did you read the articles or did you just go into automatic Liberal defense mode

:lol: You are kidding...right :lol: Liberal defense mode my ass...what part of "Don't Blame Me...I voted NDP" don't you understand :lol:

What I did say though was that the PM, no matter what party he represents should have nice digs.
Did someone say TDS? :lol:

Nope no TDS it's just that I can't stand seeing my tax dollars being abused just so someone can live the lifestyle they feel they're entitled to. I have no problem with the PM having a decent place to live but fixing up one place for 14 million and then deciding to build yourself a new one for 11 million on the taxpayer's dime goes beyond way beyond what his mom told us they required when he was first elected. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Serves anyone right who was dull enough to believe the initial estimates of the repairs/remediation anyway. These things never come in on budget, even if we had a current government* that wasn't so profligate on spending on stupid things.

* in reality Canada has never actually had a government that wasn't obscenely profligate

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:05 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
BRAH BRAH:
Maybe they should knocking the fucking thing down and build a state of the art Prime Minister residence.

Or knock it down, sell the property and let the millionaire prime ministers we elect look after their own goddamn housing, like everyone else in the country.

Canada could use a 10 Downing Street, it's simple.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:08 pm

So far the only thing I liked about mr selfie is that he did have the balls to say the place needed repairs. Past PMs admitted to all sorts of problems that should have been repaired long before now. If he wants something beyond that he can buy land a build something for his family on his own dime

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:25 pm

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:
That's a good deal to be honest.
They could build a build a new, bigger nicer residence for the PM for cheaper. Good deal my arse.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:33 pm

Hand it over to Parks Canada as some sort of heritage thing. Do the bare bones repairs to keep it from rotting or molding, but not go overboard as it won't be used as a residence again. Then buy an existing place in good condition or build a new one. Just because everyone knows what 24 Sussex is doesn't mean it captures the same emotional attachment as 10 Downing or the White House.