canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:28 pm

So, does Mr. Trudeau's penchant for breaking his campaign promises mean I shouldn't be worried about my split income tax break being taken away? ROTFL

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
So, does Mr. Trudeau's penchant for breaking his campaign promises mean I shouldn't be worried about my split income tax break being taken away? ROTFL

To be fair, this isn't a broken promise. Trudeau said his family didn't need the Conservatives' child tax credit. He never said he wouldn't accept it.

And there is nothing tying the hiring of nannies to the Conservatives' tax plan.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:12 pm

To be honest I could give a flying fart either way - a couple of part-time staff earning $11 an hour (basically minimum wage) is not going to affect the budget of 24 Sussex.

I don't feel the need to defend Trudeau and I haven't even decided if I like him yet, but I can tell the difference between a public subsidy for rich citizens and the domestic staff that is provided to the sitting Prime Minister. They are two different things.

The sound bite and optics are unfortunate because it's just one of those things that looks worse on the surface than it actually is, and he's always going to have to try to explain it to people who've already made up their minds on the subject.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:15 pm

You haven't made up your mind about Trudeau but a lot of people sure have, not even a month on the job. Get used to the next five years where every goddamn day someone will rip him for something absolutely meaningless, that every other PM in history has done, but will make Trudeau the worst leader since Hitler for the blue-tongued Kool Aid crowd.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Like I said before I'm not going to waste my time on irrelevancies like who has hired some nannies. The 24 Sussex rebuild that probably won't come in on it's budget, the $1800 a day bagman in Montreal co-ordinating the settlement of Syrians, or the $700 million going into a shipyard that's already known for it's "interesting" way of doing business? All that stuff though? This is the serious big money stuff that already has the stink of the Chretien era on it. This is the stuff that looks like it's already going sideways into boondoggle territory. Not a good start, not when it looks like the Quebec insiders behind Shawinigate and Adscam are back in their comfort zone with too many connections inside the new government.

Time will tell but IMO it doesn't look very good in the early going. Back To The Future must be the federal Liberals favourite movie of all time if they came out of their election victory with "remember the 1990's? let's do it all over again!" being their first priority.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:27 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

To be fair, this isn't a broken promise. Trudeau said his family didn't need the Conservatives' child tax credit. He never said he wouldn't accept it.

And there is nothing tying the hiring of nannies to the Conservatives' tax plan.

Gotcha. Just remember that when a person starts saying one thing and doing another for his own personal benefit they open themselves up to ridicule and derision. So, since Mr. Trudeau's quite willing to become a hypocrite about his strong views on child care subsidies when it benefits him, does it mean that he's willing to become one on the split income tax break?

One can only hope. ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Like I said before I'm not going to waste my time on irrelevancies like who has hired some nannies. The 24 Sussex rebuild that probably won't come in on it's budget, the $1800 a day bagman in Montreal co-ordinating the settlement of Syrians, or the $700 million going into a shipyard that's already known for it's "interesting" way of doing business? All that stuff though? This is the serious big money stuff that already has the stink of the Chretien era on it. This is the stuff that looks like it's already going sideways into boondoggle territory. Not a good start, not when it looks like the Quebec insiders behind Shawinigate and Adscam are back in their comfort zone with too many connections inside the new government.

Time will tell but IMO it doesn't look very good in the early going. Back To The Future must be the federal Liberals favourite movie of all time if they came out of their election victory with "remember the 1990's? let's do it all over again!" being their first priority.

Moments like this should have set off alarm bells. ROTFL

0:
untitled.png
untitled.png [ 470.62 KiB | Viewed 580 times ]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:06 am

On the surface, this looks bad, but the question is did his staff increase to hire these nannies or did he cut back someone else to keep costs the same? And at the same time, what are his staffing costs/total number of staff compared to Harper? Are they higher or lower?

Those are the questions the reporter should have asked (and apparently didn't). Until those questions are answered, I'll wait to judge.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:08 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
You haven't made up your mind about Trudeau but a lot of people sure have, not even a month on the job. Get used to the next five years where every goddamn day someone will rip him for something absolutely meaningless, that every other PM in history has done, but will make Trudeau the worst leader since Hitler for the blue-tongued Kool Aid crowd.

^ This.

Yep, Trudeau Derangement Syndrome developed much faster on CKA than Harper Derangement Syndrome did.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:29 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Gotcha. Just remember that when a person starts saying one thing and doing another for his own personal benefit they open themselves up to ridicule and derision. So, since Mr. Trudeau's quite willing to become a hypocrite about his strong views on child care subsidies when it benefits him, does it mean that he's willing to become one on the split income tax break?

One can only hope. ROTFL

Has he really done anything that every previous PM before him wasn't entitled to? If I recall, Justin himself was born into 24 Sussex, and therefore would himself have had hired Nannies to care for him, while his mom and dad were busy with matters of Government. So some nanny made $5 an hour wiping his dirty ass. Now someone makes $11/h wiping his kids dirty ass. So what?

That's quite a bit different than spending billions of dollars on child care cheques for couples making enough cash to afford their own Nannies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:50 am

What a non-issue.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:51 am

8O

Attachments:
image.jpg