bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:47 am

Did anyone notice that up to CA's post the previous comments were from November 2015?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:55 am

Strutz Strutz:
Did anyone notice that up to CA's post the previous comments were from November 2015?

actually it was the first thing I noticed

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:55 am

Yup. But a good Necro should stop discrediting a shady news outlet. ;)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:06 am

It's also a timely and relevant necro so it's not exactly a necro since the topic is relevant again.

And the shady news outlet thing is even more relevant given how many mainstream media outlets are emulating them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:36 am

Once a KGB Colonel always a KGB Colonel and please don't believe his shtick about being a paper pusher because all you have to do is read Solzhenitsyn books to put that myth to rest. :roll:

The man's a thug who rose to the rank of Colonel in one of the most despotic and disgusting regimes in history so to trust him is to put everything you hold dear in peril. A warning which the current President of the US would be wise to heed.

One thing that I do find in bad taste though was that lefty reporter asking if he believed his own investigators or Putin while the thug was standing next to Trump on the stage. WTF? How the hell was Trump supposed to answer. Yup he's a thug who interfered in our election which is what the reporter wanted. A response which would have made the whole press conference extremely uncomfortable. ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:23 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Once a KGB Colonel always a KGB Colonel and please don't believe his shtick about being a paper pusher because all you have to do is read Solzhenitsyn books to put that myth to rest. :roll:

The man's a thug who rose to the rank of Colonel in one of the most despotic and disgusting regimes in history so to trust him is to put everything you hold dear in peril. A warning which the current President of the US would be wise to heed.

One thing that I do find in bad taste though was that lefty reporter asking if he believed his own investigators or Putin while the thug was standing next to Trump on the stage. WTF? How the hell was Trump supposed to answer. Yup he's a thug who interfered in our election which is what the reporter wanted. A response which would have made the whole press conference extremely uncomfortable. ROTFL

I'd rep you for the Solzhenitsyn reference. Probably the scariest book I've ever read. The Soviet Uni Russia is absolutely wrecking havoc on our weak democracies.

How does that saying go? Good times breed weak people. Its been good times for 70 years.... Its probably time for a war, sadly.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:16 pm

llama66 llama66:
Russia is absolutely wreaking havoc on our weak democracies.

Seems to me we're doing a perfectly fine job of it all on our own.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:17 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
llama66 llama66:
Russia is absolutely wreaking havoc on our weak democracies.

Seems to me we're doing a perfectly fine job of it all on our own.

Touche. It goes back to my "Good times... weak people" comment.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Strutz Strutz:

I did not catch that at first. I seen this morning that I had made a post in this thread and thought: damn I must have drank a hell of a lot more last night than I thought I did, because I do not remember writing any of this last night. That or dementia. Thank God the thread is from a few years back! I was ready to draw up some durable power of attorney paperwork authorizing my daughter to start making decisions for me. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Strutz Strutz:

Nope missed it completely. But then again I have an excuse. I'm old. :wink:

But with that being said the comments from 2015 still ring true today. Trust Putin at your own peril because a snake may shed it's skin but it's still a snake.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:13 pm

$1:
The list Treasury released on Tuesday included 33 specific countries -- from the biggest holder China to the smallest Chile -- but Russia was no longer listed among them. In April, Russia’s holdings of Treasuries plunged to $48.7 billion from $96.1 billion, according to government data compiled by Bloomberg.

Asked about Russia’s absence, a U.S. Treasury spokesman said the Treasury market is the deepest and most liquid in the world, and demand remains robust. He added that the department doesn’t comment on individual investors or investments.
Russia Falls Off U.S. List of Major Holders of Treasuries