bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:09 am

Just curious: do Satanists have these rights to religion you guys are talking about.

What happens if they want to paint a pentacle on the floor of the chapel where the Mohammedans want to lay their prayer mats, or they want to turn the crucifixes upside down when they're in there?

The crimes these Mohammedan perps are guilty of are pretty serious. How much power do we want to allow them as "victims" with rights to make demands. Can they demand radical literature, or visits from leaders of mosques where radical speakers are known to speak? Is radicalization a concern? Is it a concern in a way that it would not be with Christians? If so how much power do you want to give the Mohammedans to decide who's in charge in Canadian prisons?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:12 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Just curious: do Satanists have these rights to religion you guys are talking about.

I dunno, but they should. Equal rights for all. If the prison wants to limit religious activities, do it for all religions.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:15 pm

ccga3359 ccga3359:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Prisoners still have rights while incarcerated, this isn't medieval times.

And why? they didn't give a shit about their victims rights such as right to life. No you take away somebody's rights you should forfeit your own but for basic rights. Food, water, shelter and a name. Same rights that a newborn baby is entitled to.

Despite your opinions, grown ups in the real world don't operate that way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:18 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
how much power do you want to give the Mohammedans to decide who's in charge in Canadian prisons?

Thw same as any non- Muslim would have. The non-Muslims' crimes are no less serious or less religiously motivated.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:17 pm

andyt andyt:
ccga3359 ccga3359:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

And why? they didn't give a shit about their victims rights such as right to life. No you take away somebody's rights you should forfeit your own but for basic rights. Food, water, shelter and a name. Same rights that a newborn baby is entitled to.

Thankfully most of Canada has evolved beyond this viewpoint. And what sort of person comes out of prison when they've been treated like that?

One that's not willing to go back to prison. Why let them have TV, internet, and all them perks. Why give them rights that they wouldn't give their victims? Incarceration is meant as punishment and deterrent. Make it that way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:44 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
I'm not attempting to judge the validity of his accusations or his religious devotion.

I'm simply saying in response to your earlier post that he still has rights in prison that should protect against mistreatment and provide freedom to practice his religion.

I'd agree but M. Karim has got a litany of unfounded complaints about anyone and anything he can think of dating back to his years in remand, none of which have been proven BTW. Also, his refusal to call the Catholic Priest, Father shows a lack of respect for others religion. So, here's the question. If he doesn't respect other peoples religious customs and traditions why should anyone care about his?

I'm sorry but this asshole is using his religious rights to cause trouble and if he really wants them respected maybe he should start by treating the others with the same respect he demands.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:49 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
ccga3359 ccga3359:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Despite your opinions, grown ups in the real world don't operate that way.

Wow, that's your counter argument?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:52 pm

What more can I say? Your opinion is not supported by the facts and that's why we no longer run prisons that way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:00 pm

$1:
refusal to call the Catholic Priest, Father

I probably wouldn't call a Catholic Priest Father. He's not my father. I don't think that means I'm forfeiting any human rights.

I may very well be that this is a bogus claim, I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just countering the argument made some members here here that people who have committed a crime, and/or who are rude to others he is somehow not entitled to core rights or it should be legal to mistreat them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:18 pm

If keeping those muslims out of jail meant sending them to pig farms as manual labour, I'm all for it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:19 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

For many offenses I think it'd be more humane to offer to let the convicted choose to be flogged as opposed to spending decades locked in a 6x9 cell.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:25 pm

That means the taxpayers would have to employ some barbaric sadist who enjoys flogging people. Kind of sends the wrong message about being a sadist.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:41 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
That means the taxpayers would have to employ some barbaric sadist who enjoys flogging people.

We already do.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... GmWjryajHs

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:24 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
What more can I say? Your opinion is not supported by the facts and that's why we no longer run prisons that way.

No, your counter argument is that grown ups don't feel this way. I being 50 years old, and most certainly a grown up do indeed feel this way as do many, many other grown ups. As for my opinion? No opinion is supported by facts. That is why it is an opinion. It is entirely based on my feelings that no convicted felon's rights ever trump the rights of their victims. Now ask me about my thoughts about capital punishment, you'd be wrong in your assessment of me.