bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:02 pm

Trump's latest polling shows him with a 61% 'favorable' rating per Rush Limbaugh.

Limbaugh is also trashing Jeb Bush [cheer] and utterly ignoring Scott Walker.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:16 pm

Gonna be fun trying to explain to one of the worst megalomaniacs in American history what a president actually can and can't do according to the last 230-odd years of established constitutional law. Be interesting to see if anyone at all is able to get through to a thoroughgoing boorish simpleton whose main claim to fame is being a crooked realtor and an obnoxious reality show host. Oughta be a real eye opener, almost as much as a hell of a lot of generals, admirals, and other officers in the US military recently coming close to openly saying out loud "we would prefer not to serve under this person if he became president".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
The only illegal immigrants the Vermont Minutemen caught was themselves. They don't mark the border along many parts, so they would be accidentally wandering into Canada.

I'll bet that the local Vermonters took a dim view of the Minuteman Militia and their anti-Canadian thing. I come from that part of the world and I can tell you that the connections between Vermonters and their Quebec neighbours are close, warm and hundreds of years old. A heck of a lot of Vermonters have Quebec origins, for that matter.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:29 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Gonna be fun trying to explain to one of the worst megalomaniacs in American history what a president actually can and can't do according to the last 230-odd years of established constitutional law. Be interesting to see if anyone at all is able to get through to a thoroughgoing boorish simpleton whose main claim to fame is being a crooked realtor and an obnoxious reality show host. Oughta be a real eye opener, almost as much as a hell of a lot of generals, admirals, and other officers in the US military recently coming close to openly saying out loud "we would prefer not to serve under this person if he became president".

I'm sorry man. I'm crying. It's sheer poetry.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:42 pm

Trump's somehow convincing the dullards out there that he's waving a magic wand to fix all ills, that he's stumbled across a magic broom that will sweep all things clean if he's elected president. The only thing that will happen, aside from the overall system becoming even more corrupted by more of the backroom shenanigans he'd unleash for his own benefit, would be the Dems and Reps in Congress coming to some kind of bipartisan ground to stymie him after they come to the horrifying conclusion of "this loudmouth is nothing more than a crooked fucking idiot". This wouldn't bother me so much if it could be contained the US, where they'd have to endure themselves the consequences of voting a creature like that into office. Trump would afflict the whole world though, and definitely not in kind of a good way. Some of his policies are centrist-sounding and would probably help but any benefit that came from them would be completely negated by the totality of his noxious personality.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:42 pm

This is typical populism. We get sucked into that sort of thing in this country, as well. Preston Manning and John Diefenbaker come to mind.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:49 pm

Manning tried to make his populism a bit more noble and a vehicle for positive changes, but in the end it attracted too many of the same negative entities that have hitched a ride in the US to clowns like Trump and to the Tea Party movement.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:31 am

It's the "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it, anymore" crowd.

It's all about Me-Me-Me with no consideration of We.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:02 am

This guy Scott Walker is a minor candidate polling c. 8% in the latest polls. I wouldn't take what he says seriously and I'm surprised that anyone is. His statement made him an object of ridicule in the US as much as in Canada.

In all fairness as one poster already stated, he never actually proposed a wall on the Canadian border. He responded to a set-up question from the media.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Dang take out this one part of one sentence "whose main claim to fame is being a crooked realtor and an obnoxious reality show host" and you are speaking of President Obama.

Just saying. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:37 pm

As I said in another topic if Canada lets in a pile of Syrian and African shit disturbers then Scott Walker's "crazy" idea will suddenly seem like a great idea. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:59 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
As I said in another topic if Canada lets in a pile of Syrian and African shit disturbers then Scott Walker's "crazy" idea will suddenly seem like a great idea. :idea:

I'll bet that you guys do it first.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:06 pm

The American government would have issued them all visas too.