canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:30 pm

Prove the lawsuit is settled please and what was the outcome ?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:32 pm

"One Rocky Mountain Planned Parenthood employee admitted in a deposition in the civil suit that “being 13 and pregnant alone is not a red flag” for the organization. According to court documents, no Planned Parenthood employee inquired into the nature of the girl’s relationship with the predator or about potential abuse even though she is a minor. The step-father has since been convicted and incarcerated for his crimes.

“Colorado law mandates the reporting of known or suspected abuse of minors, yet Planned Parenthood made no such report,” Decker explained. “Tragically, had any of their employees made a call to authorities the day they saw this 13-year-old girl with her abuser, as Planned Parenthood is legally obligated to do, her abuse would have ended that day.”

“Colorado law further requires that written notice be provided to parents of a minor before any abortion is performed, yet in this instance, the child’s mother was unaware of the abortion until more than two months after it had occurred,” Decker added.

“A failure to investigate this gross negligence denies justice to this young girl and puts more children at risk,” said ADF Senior Counsel Michael J. Norton. “Planned Parenthood plays fast and loose with laws that put parents and children first. They should not be allowed to ignore them.”
"

http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/9717

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:33 pm

Yes, but you have to establish that. Abuse should be suspected in a case such as this, and suspicion is enough to be required to report.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:41 pm

OK, I get that but Timothy Smith was her Father since the age of six and he filled out the forms.

And FD, your link provides a link to the filing, not the ruling. I would like to read the actual result.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:49 pm

The link in the Washington Times article also says:

$1:
A lawsuit filed against Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountains and four unidentified employees on behalf of the girl was settled earlier this year.

In the Blaze they say:

$1:
Smith’s lawsuit against Planned Parenthood was recently settled, though the terms are not immediately known.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07 ... -abortion/

Sounds like it was settled out of court somehow.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:50 pm

The civil suit was settled out of court. As such there will be a gag order on the parties, but it tells you that PP had to pay. Now there is a regulatory investigation into PP. I think they are going to get spanked there too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:55 pm

andyt andyt:
Yes, but you have to establish that. Abuse should be suspected in a case such as this, and suspicion is enough to be required to report.

You're out of touch. Many of you seem a little old and this is beyond your comprehension or understanding.

13 year old's have sex. It happens often. They have sex with others of the same age or maybe a little older.

A 13 year old pregnant girl isn't a red flag for abuse.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:57 pm

OK, so Cary Smith definitely got something for it, and I can't deny that if a 13 year old is pregnant, real questions need to be answered but like I said it's not illegal in Colorado.

They fucked up and I wish I could read the forms that fuckhead predator filled out because although PP is negligent in this instant, the real criminal is the stepdad, and I have to question how this went undetected by the mother so long. I mean, if he was able to hide it from her, I am not really surprised they clinic didn't detect it.

PP didn't rape a 13 year old, they failed to follow protocol. Just remember who the criminal is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:02 pm

The mom didn't know the girl was pregnant, the clinic did. That's the big clue. Colorado should pass a law that all underage pregnancies must be reported.

There are many instances where one parent does not suspect abuse. Children are scared into not talking, the abuser is good at putting up a front. However, there are also many cases where the mother pushes the child at the male, because the mother doesn't want to have sex anymore. It's not done out in the open (usually), but everybody knows what's going on. I knew a family like that. It's all an ugly business. The girl might blame the mother for not protecting here more than the abuser.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:08 pm

There is nothing "underage" about the pregnancy. If her and her 17 year old boyfriend want to have a kid, they can, legally.

The problem is with their consent laws.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Tampa Bay Lightning

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:24 pm

The avg general rule of law in the US is as follows under 18 is jail bait, over 18 is legal. There are a few state's 15 with parents ok and a few without. However all State's have mandatory Child Protective Service Mandating reporting laws and all medical personal in the US are reporter's.In this case a 13 year old pregnant in all States must be reported to CPS and yes US HIPPA Laws must surrender records to CPS for investigations. Refusal is obstruction can lead to any medical personal to loose there lic and get prison time, the Same applies all Law Enforcement and Educational employee's, elected Official's and staff. So ya PP violated numerous laws by failing to report a possible Sexual Abuse case and Rape of a Minor.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:24 pm

Delwin Delwin:
There is nothing "underage" about the pregnancy. If her and her 17 year old boyfriend want to have a kid, they can, legally.

Nope. Just establish that the sex was legal, and all is good. But you have to establish that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:33 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
andyt andyt:

You're out of touch. Many of you seem a little old and this is beyond your comprehension or understanding.

13 year old's have sex. It happens often. They have sex with others of the same age or maybe a little older.

A 13 year old pregnant girl isn't a red flag for abuse.

Let's hope that the Colorado Department of Regulatory Affairs sees things differently than "who cares if a 13 yo girl gets pregnant."

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:38 pm

andyt andyt:
Delwin Delwin:

Nope. Just establish that the sex was legal, and all is good. But you have to establish that.

Wrong, if it is perfectly legal for a 13 yo to be pregnant where is your protocol ? It is just as legal when she is 44, at which point does your "special treatment" become age discrimination ?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:46 pm

Wrong. A 44 yo can never have an 'illegal" pregnancy. A 13 yo can. So cases where the possibility of abuse exists should be investigated.

Colorado's consent laws do seem too loose, I think Canada got it about right.