Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
I gotta ask, why don't they seem to use anesthetic for things like that?

yeah , they gave me morphine. I wanted 25mg.s injected but they just said no and i had this machine that actually did squat , well a little bit ....maybe...but 25 mg.s of morph and your good to go.

it's nuts that they will give you statins and ruin your liver but a little pain relief and it's alarm bell city.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
I gotta ask, why don't they seem to use anesthetic for things like that?

Where do anesthetize a pathway a foot long that goes way into the middle of your thorax? There is no "place" to numb. The only ways to anesthetize a thorax is by either putting you to sleep or giving you a spinal epidural. I have witnessed, up close, the application of a botched epidural that did considerable permanent nerve damage and suffice to say, they are dangerous.

You could give willy a local, I suppose and that would take care of part of the pathway. For whatever reason, the urologist did not offer it up. Maybe it's the side effects ... like slamming it in a car door.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:15 pm

I passed a little one last week.

Ho hum. I'm used to little chips like that.

I inhereted this condition. Out of twelve cousins in my generation, eight of us generate king sized boulders even though we live very different lives, scattered all across Canada.

Our family is cancer-free (really) and heart attacks are unknown. Given the choices, I'll stick with the stones.

Last edited by Jabberwalker on Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:21 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:

I interested this condition. Out of twelve cousins in my generation, eight of us generate king sized boulders even though we live very different lives, scattered all across Canada.

Our family is cancer-free (really) and heart attacks are unknown. Given the choices, I'll stick with the stones.

My father had kidney stones and after he knocked off the dairy products he was fine.

The man ate 2 liters of ice cream at a sitting and the kidney stones and the diabetes were the predictable result.

My diet is light on dairy and anymore it's light on sugar and I'm doing just fine. Ditto with my brother and sister.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:37 pm

The one I passed was about 3/16" across. It didn't hurt that much passing but the kidney sure yelped whenever I had a cola. Stay off of any sort of caffeine when you have a stone. Trust me, I know all too well what that feels like. Clear liquids only! Oddly enough 7UP and Sprite, being lemon-based, have something in them that can relieve the pain a bit and even prevent more from forming.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:31 pm

Vodka is clear. ......hmmmmmm.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:48 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:

I interested this condition. Out of twelve cousins in my generation, eight of us generate king sized boulders even though we live very different lives, scattered all across Canada.

My father had kidney stones and after he knocked off the dairy products he was fine.

The man ate 2 liters of ice cream at a sitting and the kidney stones and the diabetes were the predictable result.

My diet is light on dairy and anymore it's light on sugar and I'm doing just fine. Ditto with my brother and sister.

I splash it in my morning coffee (1%) and that's about it.

Oh, I eat a little yogourt every morning ...keep the gut populated wit h little friends.

Not much of an ice cream eater. Cold stuff makes my teeth ring.

That clear Vodka, tho ....

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:38 am

Ok the time i passed the sand...what a weird pee that was...
It was my first and the pain in my kidney area was intense...All I had was tylenol 3's from the wife, and they were useless.

out of desperation ...i swear this is true....
i first drank about two cups of pure white vinegar, my stomach was empty for i did not feel like eating...

and then juiced two lemons some limes and some red grapefruit lying around in the fridge.

If there was more citrus I would have used it as well....

Two hours later it came out as sand and the pain was gone..

Now was this a remedy, i do not know...coincidence ...i don;t know...but it makes sense.....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:42 am

CountLothian CountLothian:
Ok the time i passed the sand...what a weird pee that was...
It was my first and the pain in my kidney area was intense...All I had was tylenol 3's from the wife, and they were useless.

out of desperation ...i swear this is true....
i first drank about two cups of pure white vinegar, my stomach was empty for i did not feel like eating...

and then juiced two lemons some limes and some red grapefruit lying around in the fridge.

If there was more citrus I would have used it as well....

Two hours later it came out as sand and the pain was gone..

Now was this a remedy, i do not know...coincidence ...i don;t know...but it makes sense.....

Cranberry juice is reportedly effective at diminishing kidney stones.

Do be very careful with the citrus - especially the lemon and lime juice as the citric acid will f*ck up the enamel on your teeth like nobody's business!

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:56 am

Yeah , the dentist suggested to my wife to use a straw when she use her morning detox drink of lemon juice and water.

very true.

I use that stuff pro enamel toothpaste about four times a week once a day after normal brushing.
You need to be careful not to swallow that stuff.