canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:15 pm

If Harper had the foresight to engage in some activities that would have helped the industry stabilize then the overall economy would be doing a lot better. This is about the first time that an oil price collapse hasn't boosted other sectors and that's because the industry, especially in Alberta, has gotten so huge that the ripple effects from it's fall hit everything now.

But I doubt you're any bigger with the foresight thing than Harper turned out to be. There's probably not much more to your brand of conservatism than if your own bank account is doing OK then you truly don't give a damn what happens to anyone else. So, considering that your forte is not giving a damn be sure to vote again for the party that sold what was left of the Wheat Board to the Saudis even though the Saudis are responsible for the devastation that happened in Alberta.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:35 am

Thanos Thanos:
But I doubt you're any bigger with the foresight thing than Harper turned out to be. There's probably not much more to your brand of conservatism than if your own bank account is doing OK then you truly don't give a damn what happens to anyone else. So, considering that your forte is not giving a damn be sure to vote again for the party that sold what was left of the Wheat Board to the Saudis even though the Saudis are responsible for the devastation that happened in Alberta.

When I asked you what Harper could have done differently, the only thing you could offer me was for him to throw billions in the form of a bailout. We both know that the Government of Canada's only choice was to sit back and let things play out as they have done with the US Market, the Saudi production and the situation in Ukraine.

Alberta isn't devastated. Far from it. The oil business is truly a Global business and these types of things happen.

As for your assertion that I don't care about the well being of others, that simply isn't true. Just because I have little time for your "mad at the world" mentality you have these days, doesn't mean I don't care about the situation.