canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:02 pm

Title: Canada's 150th Anniversary Logo Is Here. Designers Are Taking It Badly.
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Tyler_1
Date: 2015-04-29 09:29:33
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:02 pm

$1:
Jean accused the government of "exploit[ing] students" and said contests such as this are "unethical, detrimental to students, to professional graphic designers, and to Canada in general.

The I guess we should have the name George Stanley struck from the history books because the National Flag Contest was, unethical, detrimental to citizens, professional graphic designers and Canada in general. [B-o]

I may not like the design either but, for some strange reason Mr. Jean's wailing like a gut shot dog sounds more like a political statement and to top it off he's pissy as hell because it wasn't his design that won.

So he'd better learn to suck it up and move on because it was an open contest and some young lady won. :roll:

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:08 pm

Could've stuck to Tory ideology and used that Facebook site offering logos for five bucks?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:11 pm

herbie herbie:
Could've stuck to Tory ideology and used that Facebook site offering logos for five bucks?

This guy is the epitome of nimrod who's causing a tempest in a teacup. But to be honest I'm pretty sure if we'd spent the 5 bucks we'd have gotten a better design. XD

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:29 am

$1:
The campaign said design competitions have become a tool for businesses and governments to procure free work.
Oh fer cryin out loud. How old are these goofs? Back when I was in high school( I would have been 15-16 at the time) the town of Essex needed a new post office so they held an open contest. That became a class assignment in my drafting class, design a new post office.

When we were done, the teacher was impressed with mine and asked me if he could blueprint it and submit it for the contest. Mine wasn't chosen, but this idea is nothing new.

What I heard when I read the article was a bunch of whining by self-entitled prats who figure that because they wasted money taking graphic design at school, they, and only they should be the ones benefitting from said contests.

Maybe they should form a union :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:32 am

I can live with that logo. It's an old theme but an important one to our people and it is a nice rendering of it.

I'll bet that the professional artsy-fartsy types that are complaining would never have used anything as hackneyed as a Maple leaf, no siree. They would have done something "edgy" and probably meaningless to us, because it must be "art".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:49 am

Sour grapes from someone who lost. Nothing new here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:03 am

A Chinese misprint from the Dollar Store would have been better than that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:36 am

martin14 martin14:
A Chinese misprint from the Dollar Store would have been better than that.

I think it just needs more red. :D
0:
fixed.jpg
fixed.jpg [ 24.7 KiB | Viewed 402 times ]