canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Coming soon to a Liberal riding association near you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:22 pm

Don't know if JT would do it but I can easily see Mulcair & the entire NDP caucus as well as Beaverface May gathering outside the prison gates to merrily greet the smiling boy as he's finally released for good from the pokey. How he's suffered! Oh, how he's suffered! :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:27 pm

Ezra' just jealous because Omar isn't being groomed for a career as a propagandist under him.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:35 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Don't know if JT would do it but I can easily see Mulcair & the entire NDP caucus as well as Beaverface May gathering outside the prison gates to merrily greet the smiling boy as he's finally released for good from the pokey. How he's suffered! Oh, how he's suffered! :roll:

If only you were joking. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Frankly, he shouldn't have been released at all IMO. I may be against the death penalty, but murderers should stay locked up for the rest of their lives.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
I was referring to the D-Day landing and the big push into Normandy. Several of the vets on on the CBC documentary commemorating D-Day, mentioned killing the Germans because they didn't have time to deal with them.

So was I. The 12th SS that shot those Canadians in the backs in Normandy were the Hitler Youth division. Those Germans were mostly teenagers, very early twenties and they were all monsters. ... sort of reminds me of ISIS types.

http://www.waramps.ca/military/wwii/tnop.html

http://www.booksincanada.com/article_view.asp?id=32

"The pivotal and terrifying battle for Normandy's beaches lay only hours ahead. Experienced soldiers, what few the 25th SS Panzergrenadier Regiment had, understood what was coming. They also knew how much would depend upon the fresh-faced teenagers assembling around them. They were the cream of German youth, but they were babies. In the 1st Battalion, for example, 65 percent were under 18 years old. Only 3 percent were over 25, and almost all of these older soldiers were officers and noncoms. "
http://www.historynet.com/world-war-ii- ... rmandy.htm

Don't forget Hitler's Volkssturm that was comprised of old men and teenagers - we didn't have any problem killing them either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:15 pm

andyt andyt:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

I said his apologist can't have it both ways. If they want to defend his right to be raised in Islam and accept all that it entails because of multiculturalism, they shouldn't be surprised when he's treated as an adult by everyone but bleeding heart westerners.

Maybe these defenders of the downtrodden would be better off if they stopped trying use western values in defense of the indefensible and instead focus on the insanity that unbridled multiculturalism entails because, most of the people they're defending have clearly shown that they couldn't give a shit about any of those values unless of course they can benefit from them.

As for Bountiful your comparing apples and oranges. Nobody is defending Blackmore because of his age but, I'm pretty sure that if he was 15 and marrying numerous 8 year olds there'd be the usual culprits finding a reason to show how he was only a child by western standards while discounting the fact that he was considered an adult by his own culture.

You're all over the place here. He doesn't have a right to be raised in Islam? What's up with that? What exactly is all that entails? Most Muslims in Canada, raised in Islam are peaceful and productive citizens. I haven't read or heard anybody defend the right of his parents to raise him as a jihadi. How about you guys provide a quote or something, to back up your fulminating about these supposed apologists. Is zippy an apologist because he doesn't agree with treating a child soldier the way Khadar was/is being treated? Who exactly is defending multiculturalism to include jihad?

I'll just ignore your Bountiful rambling. Just you having fun with a straw man. Not too many people defending marrying 12 year olds because that group says they are marriageable. By your argument with Khadar tho, because they deem these girls to be women we should treat them as such. Let them get married, but also prosecuted them as adults if they break the law.

So let me simplify my stance. We should stop all religious and cultural practices that don't coincide or conflict with the western ones but, if we're not going all in and are still allowing some of them to continue we can't suddenly decide that we can impose our values just to excuse theirs.

Coincide or conflict, which is it? I assume you mean that do conflict with western religious and cultural practices? What western religious practices would we take as the norm here? Is Judaism in? Then why not Islam, another Abrahamic faith? So we're going to go back to being a religious state, defy the constitution and favor certain religions over others? As for what cultural practices conflict with western ones, that's a huge list. Some people leave hats on inside, others take them off, and so on. You're suggesting we go all in, and allow no behaviors than we're used to to continue? Just ban being a Sikh say?

Your last sentence here doesn't make much sense. What are we allowing to continue exactly? What behaviors do we allow that break our laws? OUr laws say a 15 year old is a child soldier, you seem to be advocating we break our own laws.

Anyway, Khadr took up arms against our allies, could have just as easily killed a Canadian soldier. He should have been tried here, under our laws. But then there's that pesky child-soldier designation, so he probably would have got off in Canada, received counselling instead.

And finally, he's getting out soon, one way or another. His lawyer says he can stay with him, Edmonton uni has offered him a scholarship. We'll find out how all that works out soon. My guess is that as long as he stays away from his family, he could be OK.

How about I put it this way. He was in an Islamic country where he was considered an adult when he committed murder. So, why should he suddenly have the benefit of being a Canadian child again when he willingly chose to follow his father into combat and admitted in court to tossing the grenade that killed the American medic.

As for what you perceive as my ramblings well, you'll just have to put up with them or put me on ignore since they aren't going to stop just because you can't keep up.

Besides everytime you try and deflect the conversation from your favorite pet project you just give people more ammunition to confuse you with.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:36 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Coming soon to a Liberal riding association near you.

My parents live in the area he will be calling home. 8O

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:37 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Ezra thinks Omar is being groomed for a career as a propagandist under the wing of his lawyer Dennis Edney.

His lawyer is a Fucking Scumbag!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:29 am

BRAH BRAH:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Ezra thinks Omar is being groomed for a career as a propagandist under the wing of his lawyer Dennis Edney.

His lawyer is a Fucking Scumbag!!

So is Khadr's.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:59 am

How about I put it this way. He was in an Islamic country where he was considered an adult when he committed murder. So, why should he suddenly have the benefit of being a Canadian child again when he willingly chose to follow his father into combat and admitted in court to tossing the grenade that killed the American medic.

As for what you perceive as my ramblings well, you'll just have to put up with them or put me on ignore since they aren't going to stop just because you can't keep up.

Besides everytime you try and deflect the conversation from your favorite pet project you just give people more ammunition to confuse you with.

Then let that Islamic country prosecute him. Are you suggesting we adopt the laws and customs of Islamic countries?

His admitting anything is under question, what with the enhanced interrogation and all.

This discussion just shows the problem here, people trying to weasel around our own laws, create bullshit courts and prisons. Try him under our normal system of justice. If he's found innocent or not responsible, live with it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:27 pm

andyt andyt:

Then let that Islamic country prosecute him. Are you suggesting we adopt the laws and customs of Islamic countries?

His admitting anything is under question, what with the enhanced interrogation and all.

This discussion just shows the problem here, people trying to weasel around our own laws, create bullshit courts and prisons. Try him under our normal system of justice. If he's found innocent or not responsible, live with it.

I'll agree with you on one point. We should never have let him back into the country. He's an American problem not a Canadian one but, the bleeding hearts in Canada wanted him "home" so they could save him and that half wit running the States just wanted to be rid of him and the annoyance of having morons like Mulcair and his ilk whining about him continually.

So, here we are, because of a spineless administration in another country having to spend our taxpayers money, our limited legal time and use our judicial system to try and get justice for Sgt Speer's family. And we now have a confessed murderer with a family history of terrorism about to be released into society because of a series of spineless decisions by the current American administration and another bleeding heart Canadian judge.

If he is found "not guilty" and given the millions he and his lawyer think he deserves I won't just live with it, I'll do everything I can to help prevent either of them from benefitting from the murder and mutilations he caused.

And one last question. WTF does him going to live with his lawyer have to do with anything? Strawmen. ROTFL :

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:57 pm

You lost me at bleeding heart. How you guys can spew that crap is beyond me. As for him coming home, AFAIK, he's a Canadian citizen, no way to stop that. If he's not of course, he should be deported as soon as he's released.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:54 pm

andyt andyt:
You lost me at bleeding heart. How you guys can spew that crap is beyond me. As for him coming home, AFAIK, he's a Canadian citizen, no way to stop that. If he's not of course, he should be deported as soon as he's released.

I suppose there are no bleeding hearts in the judicial system in your world. How about this piece of work that some bleeding heart second chance, he's a victim to, progressive judge let out on day parole.

$1:
A man serving a life sentence for stabbing his neighbour more than 80 times has been granted day parole.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Murdere ... story.html

So here's the deal. I'll stop calling idiots like these judges bleeding hearts when they stop rendering decisions that endanger society, fail to extract the punishment that was originally awarded and continue to use their position to further their own political agenda's.

As for the lawyers well, we all know why they were lining up to defend Omar and it wasn't for humanitarian reasons. Come to think of it, 20 million dollars is probably the real reason Omar's lawyer and wife want to keep him extremely close since I don't think the "honour among thieves" applies to lawyers. :P

As for the first question. Yes there is a way to stop people who commit crimes in foreign countries from returning and it's a simple as having the Gov't responsible for them keep them and don't tell me it doesn't happen because it does.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/1-600-can ... -1.2253459

So, given your rabid defense of the Supreme Court decision to bring Omar home could you enlighten me as to what's so special about the poor little guy that got him special treatment these other Canadian guests of foreign gov'ts didn't receive.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:19 pm

again, by the agreements we signed, he's a child soldier and should be treated as such. Otherwise don't sign protocols like that.

He did whatever he did (and we can't know because of the interrogation used) in Afghanistan, so really he should be tried there. Now I realize that would go a lot worse for him, depending who's in power, but at least that's following the rules. If someone kills an American in Canada, can they just come in and scoop him up and take him to Guantanamo?

He was the last Western citizen at Guantanamo - every other country saw fit to repatriate their people.

If he broke Canadian laws, he should be tried in our bleeding heart justice system. Thank God we have it, compared to the shit hole justice system in other countries, and we have the low crime rate to go with it. Your vengeful heart approach does nothing except satisfy your wanting revenge, it doesn't build a better society.

We should follow our own rules, not make special ones just because a case pisses us off. That's how we maintain a civil society.

As for the guy getting day parole: No bleeding heart judge has released him, it's the parole board. Maybe they know facts about him that we don't - me I'd be very leery of letting somebody with that much rage out until a good long time has passed. But maybe he has participated in therapy, who knows. Recidivism for murder is very very low. The main thing wrong with our parole system is that the federal government doesn't adequately fund it, so parole officers can keep close track of people let out. Typical Reformacon stuff - be tough on crime, increase sentences, but don't fund the prison or parole system in ways that will actually reduce recidivism by offering programs while the perp is in, and funding for parole officers when he's out. All they are doing is throwing some red meat to the fulminators like yourself, so you think they've actually accomplished something.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next